Originally Posted by Kevin_T
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Kevin_T
I've had 100 + in the Crew cab. It was OK at best. I prefer having 100 lbs + in a true external. There is not much of a comparison to me. IMO for big loads, an external that functions like an external is as good as it gets.

The CrewCab isn't representative of all the NICE bags. Try the 6500 or the 3600 Metcalf (new). Based on the requirements the guy gave I'd pick the Metcalf.

I agree , a different bag with some lift may give different results, but the CC is what I had.

I wasn't going to go there... But since you did first laugh

I never got MR's logic on the 6500 (and yes I have one) lets make the stays longer... Great idea... But lets make them as flexible as a hookers morality???

Oh, and compounded with the takeoff points on the NICE frame for the load lifters being too far back on the shoulder, it still wouldn't matter.

Seriously... If MR used a more rigid stay (like what's in the KU5200) and moved the takeoff point on the lift straps. It's be hands DOWN my favorite backpack. I still use it, but not as much as my Kifaru.

McHale is out of t he question until after I get my next recurve paid off (Dave doesn't give away those exotic Silvertips)

Speaking of which... That's why I'll always have a CrewCab. It's the best backpack ever for hanging treestands.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall