Originally Posted by Tanner
A tumbler, Lyman moly, and 800 105s sit atop my bench... McM Mountain Rifle w/ BDL bottom bondo finish sans recoil pad is inbound, along with an SS 24" 700 takeoff already punched 243 A.I.... I'm told this tube kissed 105s at 2.762" on the previous action, so I'm interested to see where it's at once headspaced onto my own. If I can control it whatsoever, I'll have the Dr. set it to kiss at 2.8", in order to use up allllll that good powder column.

I will likely clear coat the stock, and run it as long as I can stand the Ugly Duckling Bondo look, glue on a pink flip flop pad, and bed/float the sucker. Talley LWs with a 3-9x40 M1 ele in the saddle will do the lookin'.

Anybody got's a weight guess? By my best estimation, it should be a skosh over 7.5# with 3 in the gut.

For anybody that GAF...

Tanner, what contour is the takeoff? Sounds like its going to be a great project. Have you Molly's before or is this your first go?

I would think your smith can throat that to whatever the hell you want. Those 105 Amax kick ass.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...