Already [bleep] up and ruined 2013,by catching the biggest [bleep] fish of the year...right outta da gate,which sorta sucks.

I don't have to worry about topping a 43" Hen this year(or any other),though I reckon I'll bump a few pickle Bucks before all the dust settles. The Old Gal was heavy and deep and 23" girth is slighting her,but I didn't find the tape in my pack,until after the fact and she swam away. So I gotta sandbag conservative with the girth,beings I didn't quantify it. 43"x23" is some SERIOUS heft. Shame I didn't catch her on the GL3 1141S I had in tow,instead of the POS Sage,as it was in the cards and I'll kick myself forever over that one.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

PowerPro braid has no equal and I drive it expressly. Leader material is always Maxima Chameleon,because it too has no equal and fends abrasion like nothing else. When sumptin' new comes out,I drive it hoping for it to take the cake,but nuttin' has as of yet and I'm still waiting. I run 30# PP even on my beloved 4-8# UL 1141-S's,whether it 2500 or 3000 series Stradics. A nice combination of capacity,muscle and minimal memory. I run 30# PP on 5000 Stradics too,on a few Loomis Float rods,for fending big water after a gullywasher of a rain storm. Same goes all my Curado's and ABU Revo's,30# PP across the board. All the Pip's are stoked with 15# Chameleon typically,though I do like 18# and will slum 20# in big water or Tourney Fishing Coho for sheer volume numbers and braggin' rights with a herd of like minded azzholes trying to outnigger eachother.(grin) 20# will bank more fish before it pukes and Tourney volume is ALL about keeping a hook wet. If I can grind out a dozen fish on a single leader,before having to re-tie,I'm upping production.

[Linked Image]

I tend to drive smaller hooks and presentations than most and seldom go to a 1/0 for Steelhead and love 1's and 2's,especially Owner 'squito's and Matzuo Octopus. Got to fishing alotta sliders anymore and am hip on both brass and silver flashabou and often in conjunction. Can like a leetle glow in the dark flashabou too,for glow bugging and if someone can beat me to a river...they are assuredly having a very [bleep] good day,as it ain't in the cards.(grin)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/IMG_0170.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/2R8G4137.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/2R8G4141.jpg[/img]

Got to tying up alotta flashabou in my jigs too and like it there as well,beings the pulsating action of maribou and the attraction of sparkles,is more than any self respecting Salmonid can resist. Yarn balls are a dirty [bleep] trick and really hang feesh hard,which do of course interest me more than a leetle. McFoam yarn sooooooooo rules.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/IMG_0178.jpg[/img]

I'm a grinder and never was much into [bleep] around and I tend to go for the throat,whether it Castin' or Blastin' and especially in conjunction. I've lonnnggggggggg been a believer in GOOD riggin' and lots of it,as I tend to puke alotta schit in a typical year,so spare spares interest me a bunch,as I'm tough on riggin' and cain't want a second of down time. Every day is R&D in my book and if you ain't trying sumptin' new,you can get stuck in a rut and miss the boat...and it sure as [bleep] ain't gonna be me,behind the curve.

There's method to the madness and I drive an open mind,always scouring to find a better way....while simply spending the time to ascertain what do what and more importantly WHY.

Now as to CM parts and their failures,I've had several magboxes,followers and springs,coated with various schit and have long been of the anti-coating establishment(save CL bores,which I love and Robbie's NP3). Gimme S/S and [bleep] all the CM Window Licking bullschit,because it cain't begin to hang in hard use applications,which is all that I do. Tape muzzles,shoot bores dry at the end of the day and whistle moly for MUCH longer shot strings of consistent POA/POI intersection and keep all swabs,brushes,jags and fluff outta the [bleep] bore.

[bleep] the fluff,pass the good schit and get the [bleep] outta my road...because I'm going right ahead on schit,WFO and then some. This R&R is a wrap and it's back to the Salt Mines,so it'll give others a chance to try and catch up.(grin)