Ok after posting a question on Elk Hunting form asking what folks use to haul meat out. Seems like a couple guys are using the Mystery Ranch Crew Cab, but some use military surplus stuff. Which seems to be a little more reasonable in pricing ebay seems to have so real good deals on used ILBE Marine Packs.

Here's the deal: My Hunting Partner is my Wife. So I need to pack things for her to be comfortable and enjoy the hunt. But I need some thing that I can pack meat out with instead of going back to the truck to get a pack frame and head back out to the kill site to retrieve meat. Which is what I do now and it $ucks. So I need to find something that I can use as a pack for all day hunts plus be used as a meat hauler "if" we are successful.

I thought the Eberlestock Blue Widow would be a good all around pack. But the Crew Cab might be a better solution? Then like I said early they are both spendy where the ILBE surplus stuff is real reasonable. But of course it's not priced right if it's gonna hurt me!

So whom has experience with both systems that can give me a little guidance? Thanks!