After reading about some of the canine trash compactors some of you guys have, I realize just how good of dog my Remmie is.

There are some tales of amazing consumption posted here, but the "What my dog ate" story that sticks with me the most wasn't posted here and didn't even happen with my dog. It happened with 2 of my ex-girlfriend's dogs before I even met her.

She was a fan of bull terriers, you know, the Spuds Mckenzie type dog with a face only a blind mother could love. At the time of the event, she had 2 of them. The story starts with the 2 dogs finding a good sized snake outside one day and having a rousing game of tug-of-war with it. The snake lost and one or both of the dogs chewed and ate the snake as a victory celebration.

Well, there was another sort of celebration that my ex had scheduled for that day. She was throwing a nice dinner party for some good friends that evening. As she reports, the party was going along nicely. Guests were enjoying food and drink. Conversation was pleasant and 2 dogs, slow and pleasantly tired from the day's outdoor activities, were quietly lounging out of sight under the dinner table.

Have you ever seen the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? Remember the big dinner scene where cousin Eddie's rottweiler, Snots, started yakking under the dinner table? Well, the same thing happened at my ex's dinner party. Except that in this case when the throwing up started, everybody present bent to look under the table to see what was going on. What was going on was one of the dogs had transformed into an ugly canine version of one of those fancy cherubic water fountains and instead of a cherub spewing sparkling H2O, they saw a distressed bull terrier spewing pieces of half chewed and only partially digested snake. sick

Even Wayne and Garth couldn't have partied through that.

Party off, Wayne. Party off, Garth.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile