This is somewhat related. My grandparents used to have a poodle. Most nights of the week they used to play Gin Rummy on the kitchen table. Some nights they went out for dinner. The pack of cards and the scorepad were always left in the middle of the table.

They started noticing cards missing from the deck. No big problem. Just get a new deck. The cards going missing always seemed to happen after they went out for dinner.

Then one day, the cleaning lady showed my Grandma a cache of playing cards in the green velvet chair in the parlor. The cards were in perfect shape. Somehow the poodle was lifting the cards off the top of the deck without disturbing the deck or putting a tooth mark on the card, and then getting in the velvet chair, placing the card under the seat cushion and neither disturbing the cushion nor the satin pillow on top.

My grandfolks decided not to let the dog in on the fact. They only took the cards from the secret stash they needed and waited. I was spending the night when my Grandfather caught the dog in the kitchen picking a card off the top of the deck with her tongue. He complemented the dog on her trickery and told her the game was over. The dog never stole card again, but instead switched to stealing finger towels out of the guest bathroom and hiding them in the green chair.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer