I have a 2011 Dodge 2500 Cummins. It's still a solid front axle, so it doesn't exactly ride like a Cadillac, but the fit and finish seem superior to older Dodges, and we find it pretty comfortable for travel especially with a trailer on the back or with the tires aired down to the "light" setting. I haven't ridden in one to compare, but I would think that an IFS Chevy is going to give you a bit more in the comfort factor department when it comes to ride.

Performance has been all I was looking for, however I'm not pulling max loads -- a 30 foot TT weighing probably 7,500 all up. Mine is not the HO version and seems like plenty. The new auto transmission is pretty smooth. Six speeds is good. The engine brake rocks coming down the hill with a trailer on the back.

It had one issue at first. They had to come up with some new programming for higher altitude use and until they did that under warranty, the mileage simply sucked and the check engine light kept coming on. It's two years old and has just over 30,000 miles and the gas mileage has crept up to just about respectable for an emissions impaired new truck. I get 11 to 12 towing through the mountains, 15 around town, and upwards of 18 empty from Denver to Grand Junction. That is measured. The computer reads anywhere from .5 mpg low to 1.5 mpg high of actual, generally high.

Maintenance has been minimal. Just following the schedule and there isn't a whole lot to it at this point. Fuel filters every 15K are an easy fifteen minute job. Oil changes as indicated by the computer were pretty frequent at first (2,500 to 3,000 miles), but have stretched out now to where I didn't wait for it to come on for the last one.

Haven't had a Chevy or Ford diesel to compare to, but so far so good with this Dodge. Like that there is no urea to deal with.

Last edited by CCH; 07/29/13.