Originally Posted by ajmorell
Originally Posted by Ackman
Originally Posted by ajmorell
Oh yeah, well my daddy can beat up your daddy. Who gives a [bleep] how fast your truck runs in a 1/4? Use your truck like a truck, not a drag car.

Depends on what you want to do with it. Diesel trucks can make lots of power and be a lot of fun to drive, and still be used like a truck. The dragstrip for me is just a way to find out what it's actually got.

It's a hobby like anything else, I get that. There's 2 reasons I don't own a diesel truck:
1-Don't tow anything that requires it
2-It would quickly become a toy...the last thing I need is something else to sink money into.

If you've got a diesel that you actually bought to do some work and decided to toy with it too great....if you bought a diesel as a toy to take to the strip...well that's retarded (in my opinion anyway)

Mine tows occasionally but I didn't get it for that. A gas engine loses power at altitude. Going up a mountain grade my gas trucks would be screaming their guts out just to maintain 65. Diesel torque doesn't even feel the grades or altitude, you can accelerate from 65 to over 100 very quickly. Yes it's a toy and making power isn't cheap. But I don't have a boat or a Corvette.