Originally Posted by gwl
So Kutnay are you saying that if a guy is not willing to drop 600 on a pack they are not a serious hunter and do not belong here. And if I question the price for MY hunting gear than I must be on of THOSE people. I can just see you looking over your glasses and down at the poor unwashed. Wait you cant even afford the pack yourself. That is funny stuff.

As for the ATV and 200 yards from my Quad comments sorry not me. Do I have to have a 600 pack to pack in a few miles a couple times a year to be a real hunter.

Should I start looking for the dollar store hunter forum so I can be with my kind people or can someone direct me to the walmart forum site.

Rock chucker I am sorry if I offended you I am sure your pack is well thought out and you put a lot of time and energy into its development. I think you need to be well compensated for that I just feel it is a little spendy. I know the logical response if you do not like it don't buy it. Very true I just thought that people discuss things here and that I did not need to cheerlead to post. I just was saying what I thought.

Your comment was rude, disrespectful and uncalled for as well as demonstrating an obvious animus to those who choose to buy gear such as this pack.

I merely replied in kind and quite mildly, but, I ...just was saying what I thought....

Your other remarks simply reinforce the impression of you that I got from your first and I am not interested in a pizzing match with you here.

Two points, though, one is I do not wear glasses to look at others and I do not "look down" on anyone.

The next is that I currently own and use several large packs, three of the Dana Design "Terraframe" models, two complete Mystery Ranch NICE rigs and a MR "Deluxe", a discontinued model of some 3800 cu.in. that is my favourite "day pack". I have a few small "rucks" as well, SO, for ME, while I could easily afford the very reasonable cost of a Paradox Pack as offered here, at age 67, I cannot justify buying another pack with $$$$ I could use for GAS to travel throughout BC to fish and hunt.

Maybe, you might think about how you initiated this discussion and consider other ways of expressing your opinions here? Most of us who post here tend to treat one another with respect and courtesy and we actually come to be friends as a result.

I am not the "ultimate" backpacker, by any means and am now so old I can barely remember how to put my pack on my ancient, trembling carcass, but, I backpacked very heavy loads, daily,for several months every year for many years as a part of my chosen employment. I LEARNED from this that your pack is, with your boots, the two MOST crucial items of your gear and spending major $$$$ on these to get them EXACTLY right is money well spent.

Capiche?