Originally Posted by Tanner
Probably dumb questions but here goes...

How does the 6300 attach to the frame?

When you sandwich meat/dry bag/gear between frame and pack bag, is the Talon the only thing holding the bag to the frame?

Tanner

Tanner. Not a dumb question at all. In fact, I feel silly because I didn't know that the bag DID attach to the frame. blush I just thought it WAS held there by the Talon and the load shelf.
I have the 4800 but I assume the 6300 attaches the same way.

First photo is looking down from the upper right hand side of the frame.
You can see the strap, that is sewn to the bag, threads through a keeper buckle and attaches to a standard buckle...
[Linked Image]

...that standard buckle wraps around the frame and attaches to the buckle meeting it from the other side. Which allows pulling it tight against the frame, or making room between the bag and the frame for meat bags, another dry bag, or whatever you want to put between the bag and the frame. The buckle wraps around the frame(see arrow)

[Linked Image]

The bottom of the bag attaches similarly, but doesn't have the buckle that attaches to the other side, just attaches to the frame and is adjustable in or out.

[Linked Image]

So the bag can be adjusted tightly against the frame, or loosened up to put something between the packbag and the frame. The Talon can be attached to the compression straps, or the straps wrapped around the bag without the Talon.

To me, that's the beauty of this whole outfit. It is a "system" that can be configured however you wish, even removing the pack bag altogether and using just the frame. If it rides as sweet as everyone says, I believe I chose a winner.

Hope this helps Tanner

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com