Originally Posted by RockChucker30
The taller frame gives a steeper load lifter angle, plus the higher compression strap allows you to position the bulk of the load higher between your shoulders which affects center of gravity less.

Okanagan, if I remember right you normally pack loads with hip belt unfastened? Or am I off base? If that is right then frame height is irrelevant for you, unless our belt works for you where others don't.

Good memory! Yes, I don't use hip belts much. Your answer makes sense. FWIW I'm 5'10" (or was when I started backpacking years ago. whistle)

I have always preferred heavy loads to be centered high and close to the body, even slightly over the base of the neck on reasonable ground. Somewhat lower and still tight is better on steep rough stuff but a man isn't wise to pack a really heavy load on such ground. laugh If I get the load too high on uncertain footing it is prone to throw my balance one way or the other.

Your comment nailed it: Center of gravity is the critical factor for the load and even more so for the center of gravity combo of man and load.

You have really thought through this pack. Wishing you the best with your business side.