Have and and have owned a lot of rifles. Don't know as I ever had (wished for) a "dream rifle". Built a couple nice ones. I currently own several I would be happy to hunt with exclusively for the rest of my days though. A 760 Remington 30-06 that is very accurate and carries a Zeiss 1.5-6x42. A Remington 700 .270 that is very accurate and carries a S&B 1.5-6x42. A Herters U9 300 WM that is very accurate and carries a Zeiss 1.5-6x42, but when I get to be old(er) I might have to back it down to 130 grain TTSXs.

The 700 is probably my favorite rifle of all that I have owned. It fits right. I can shoot it like a shotgun. It's just easy to put the bullet right where I want it. The S&B is an odd police sniper model that has a modified #4 with windage hashes and turrets where one click gives me 300 yards and three clicks gives me 400 + 3 inches with 110 grain TTSXs. Windage clicks are 2MOA. Recoil is light and straight back enough that out of the half dozen deer I have killed with it, I saw all the bullets hit.

But... Give me an accurate rifle with glass that makes my life easier and I am as happy as I will get.