Originally Posted by kutenay
Phone Doug, "Chilcotin Hillbilly" who is on "AR" and "HBC" and see what he might have for you for a decent Moose and Mulies and RM Goat.

1-250-476-1288

His ranch/outfit is in one of BC's most beautiful areas, few humans live there and there are LOTS of G-Bears, Wolves,Cougars, Lynx and Moose, Mule Deer and RM Goats. I think that you MIGHT find a hunt with him that would be the "trip of a lifetime" and he is a native-born BC boy and his wife is a native-born BC girl.

I am considering starting to go with him every second year and one other guy in the Kootenays, as Doug has no Elk, alternate years, as I am getting to the time of life when backpacking huge loads of meat that MUST come out of the bush ASAP so it does not spoil is pretty damned difficult.

So, I dunno if he would do a 2x1 for you and I with one beginner guide, but, it can't hurt to ask and I should have the new truck ready next year and that might be a way of affording such a hunt for you....?

I am going to find out more late in this year and may well book with him just after Christmas next, so, give it some thot.

Hey Dewey ....

Missed this post. Going to give this one some thought.

Thanks