Originally Posted by Mule Deer
No doubt. In fact the 26 Nosler will probably never sell nearly as well as the .264.

But I doubt Nosler ever expected it to, or cares. Instead it's an even more specialized cartridge for their limited production rifles. The major factor will whether it will be profitable, and I bet it will be.

PTG is already offering wildcat reamers in 25cal, 277cal, 7mm, 30cal, 325cal, 338 and 375. I shoot a virtually identical case in the 458AccRel ... and the ARs (AccurateReloading) are in 416/458 and 470 caliber.

The case is pretty interesting ... whether Nosler appreciates it well enough to offer the 'wildcats' will be the deciding factor. Mate and I are already arguing over which of the 'wildcat' reamers to bring in. Damn gunsmith who'll do the ordering however has gone fishing for a week. Guy must think he's retired or something! grin

Just waiting for Lee to make 26Nosler dies, could you have a word with them? They open up real easy and are infinitely cheaper than custom die sets! wink

Just to get back on topic ... as long as ammunition is being made no cartridge is obsolete. When reloaders have a decade of making brass from other cases ... then its semi-obsolete. If you have to scrounge to find dies ... okay, its obsolete!
Cheers...
Con

Last edited by Con; 03/15/14.