Originally Posted by rost495
I shot many years in competition at ARC. I have my own range at home. But I work full time and volunteer EMS and Fire locally so there isn't much free time anymore. And I doubt I can shoot anywhere near as good as I could when I was tuned up.

Tell Paul and Rex and the whole bunch at ARC at the highpower matches hello! BTW if you want to see consistent tight iron sight groups watch Paul shoot when he is shooting his match rifle AR. His eyes kinda suck for service rifle post, but match rifle irons are a whole other ball game.

9 twist should shoot almost any bullet out there, from 40s to most 80s. If its opening up I'd question either the twist or that its not a top line barrel.

I will tell them if I see them. I don�t shoot highpower much as I only have a stock Colt carbine which will work for highpower. It shoots about average. I like to shoot benchrest at ARC with my 308. As good as my target Colt AR is it cannot compete with my 308 bolt gun. I have been trying to shoot a perfect score of 250 in factory class. I have a 308 that shoots real well and I have gotten close with a 247 out of 250. With a real bench rest rifle it is easy to shoot 250 but factory class is a different matter. My problem now is I cannot get all my reload parts for my 308 so I have not been shooting. I should probably work up another load. I guess I am lazy, maybe soon.

Last edited by coxhaus; 04/19/14.