I've never seen a round that drops every deer in its tracks. It does not exist.

What does drop them every time is shot placement. Enough said there.

I shoot a LOT of deer with 308 and 185 bergers..... never lost one. Never had DRT other than all the head shots. I"ve trailed a lot in the dark and in the day. No big deal to us but I am a bowhunter aslo and used to it.

Stash wise, IMHO, you are wrong. If you enjoy shooting competitive, then you know basically how many rounds you go through a year. We were around 20K rounds a year give or take. You buy enough ONCE to last through a season and then rotate it out the next year. But you leave it in reaserve. Then when a bad year hits you have to use it, but you start looking for more. Generally speaking in a year, you can find enough to make it to the next.

I've bought berger bullets lately.... sometimes a dealer has em, sometimes its next week etc... same with Barnes.

PS on the deer, if you don't want to trail em.. shoot ballistic tips, as fast as you can, and aim high.... I refuse to do that but its generally somewhat reliable.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....