Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Berettaman
many (not all) of the responses seem to be blaming questionable teachers/districts on CC.

Local teachers have about as much to do with Common Core as the Easter Bunny. Yeah, you really should read up on it.

For someone with nothing to do with CC, you seem awfully sure of yourself. Local teachers implement the curricula. If that teacher wishes to push an agenda, as many do, you may see things like books touting the achievements of Obama. From the admin./board level, you will see interpretations that may not be in keeping with the best practices. I still have yet to see any concrete proof of communist teachings being a part of this effort. I keep hearing about Saul Alinsky, not sure how tying curricula to a standardized test is in any way a radical idea. Nothing is dictated in CC that wasn't already a part of education, other than coordinated pacing and intentionalized methodology. Again, not perfect, but not a commie/radical effort to take over education. I'm totally open to being proven wrong - I'd really like to see some proof of all of the allegations.