Originally Posted by crowhorse
My wife has a Masters and has been in education for 23 years. CC is far more than "simply a baseline",it also involves significant data collection on every student to be tracked from K thru college.
Math ....it's not the answer it's the steps used, same with division . A right answer is wrong without the "steps" and a wrong answer is right with the "steps". Why does my daughter need to know 4 different ways to multiply in a 7 day timeframe ?
If you think it's just a baseline ... it's also tied in to "AGENDA 21". Research this .

That's exactly right! If the answer is right it doesn't make a dam how it was derived as long as the end result was met correctly. That's what's wrong with the whole country weirdo over educated idiots over complicating something simple. Math is such an important skill that it should be taught more than one way and once the child finds the way that works best for them, let'em run with it. Common core, not so common=common sense, not so common either, that's where most of the problems with common core is.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner