Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
What would it be without the missile defense systems in place?
I think the intercept rate is like 20%. What is the death toll with the missile defense?

I believe the intercept rate is higher, and you know damn well the Israeli deaths would be higher.

The point is that Hamas is firing from behind women and children, with the intent of killing Israelis, including women and children.

Now, are they supposed to just sit there and take it?

Fire at my house, with my Daughter in it. See what happens to your house....I don't care what religion, government, or what the hell you favor.

I have fought under screwed up ROEs, it ain't fun.
How about peace talks under the mediation of Egypt, as Hamas has been asking for for a very long time?

PS The total Israeli death toll from these rockets since the start of the recent hostilities is like one or two. And, no, the missile defense system only stops about 20% of them.

Didn't Hamas fire rockets just the other day under a cease-fire?

If they (Hamas) quit shooting the rockets, then most likely the Palestinian casualties would drop dramatically.

Only one or two...They ain't good shots, are they? Even more reason to quit picking a fight. Apparently, the Israelis have a workable civil defense plan in place, good EW and Quick-Shelter plans help, instead of firing off ordnance to capitalize on collateral damage.

I'm really not too concerned with exact numbers, I just see someone picking a stupid fight.