Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
What would it be without the missile defense systems in place?
I think the intercept rate is like 20%. What is the death toll with the missile defense?

Your level of knowledge is stunningly embarrassing. The Israeli intercept rate is 90%, you idiot. The other 10% are rockets they know the trajectory will go into unpopulated areas so they let it go.
You've got to upgrade your Hamas twitter account cause your propaganda is desperately weak!
You can cook the books how you like. My question related to the death toll. Someone offered as a defense to that low figure the fact that there's a missile defense, implying that the death toll would be much higher otherwise. My point stands, since about eighty percent of the missiles are not intercepted, yet the death toll is still countable on the fingers of one hand. The point being the retaliation is amazingly out of proportion. Nice diversion, though.

Oh I didn't know there had to be a 1:1 ratio is deaths. Israel hoped the Iron dome and world pressure would be enough to convince Hamas from firing rockets with intent to kill as many as possible. Yet the tunnel network was a seemingly endless supply of ordnance. The last think they wanted to do was to invade but that is the only way to knockout and disrupt the supply line of missiles.

The Iron Dome has about 15 seconds to recognize the missile track and make a determination whether to fire. The accounts are that 85% - 90% of the rockets are successful in their intercept. That is $60K a rocket.

The retaliation exists because Hamas rejected Fridays peace offering by firing more missiles. Do you understand that?
Western news agencies have filmed the "knock on the roof" scenario where IDF lands an inert missile on the roof to tell the occupants they must leave immediately.
Within a few minutes the building is hit.
Israelis have PHONED and TEXTED occupants to leave also.

The death toll is out of proportion because one side has a protective shield and the other is just firing rockets from schools, mosques and high density locations.

One side values life and the other uses death as a propaganda tool for the world and idiots on the 24HCF.

Keep reporting on your Gaza based twitter updates. Its a unique perspective.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.