Conrad,

Making other countries' internal affairs our business is interventionism, a concept condemned by our Founding Fathers, a concept that has caused blowback, a concept that has bankrupted us.

Interventionism is the policy of Democrats and neocons. Noninterventionism is the policy of authentic conservative. Our military was intended to protect our country and only our country.

Following your logic, if we can make another country's our business, then another country can make our business its business, right?

We never, ever stuck our heads in sand during WWII. We knew exactly what was happening. However, Americans wanted no part of another European war. And that's nearly exactly how President Washington admonished our Founding Fathers' progeny in his Farewell Address. And we had broken JN 25 long before Yamamoto got close to Pearl Harbor. We knew where Yamamoto was before he knew where he was.

We were duped in to WWII, just like we were duped in to WWI, of which, incidentally, Chruchill said our involvement screwed up the world. But then again, but for the Federal Reserve and its enabling amendment, that being the 16th Amendment, we would have never gotten involved in either of Europe's 20th century wars.

Knowledge is power. It might be time to hit the gym...or library. While you're at the library, check out "Freedom Betrayed". It's President Hoover's take as to how we were duped in to WWII.

Believe me, I have uttered the three hardest works to say, "I was wrong," too any times to count.

Last edited by SansSouci; 07/27/14.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***