Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
To each his own, and I don't have Minox ZVs, just ZA5s....but how anyone can use 'friendly', when describing a Bushnell eye box, is pretty perplexing to me. Couldn't give me one, but others love them. The latest ZA HDs DO have a good eye box/relief, next to my Leupolds. I think you're comparing one entry level offering by Minox, to Bushnell's top end offering. I think the ZAs are way better to get behind.

You're exactly right. He is comparing bushnell's top end glass with Minox's entry level. the ZA5 HD is a very nice piece of glass. I was "lucky" enough to have purchased a broken older ZA5 for next to nothing and sent it to Minox to repair. They sent me back a new 3-15X42 ZA5 HD free of charge! The ZV3 doesn't come close.
I have also owned a few 4200s in 6-24 and 4-16 and was not impressed with the eye relief at higher magnification. (which is why I don't own them any more.) i have not had that problem with my 3-9s. Now, I only have experience with two of them (3-9 elite 4200s) and may be an anomaly, but I'll take a chance on another if anyone wants to unload one. smirk

Last edited by Couesdeer; 10/08/14.