Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Hopefully everybody realizes that a lot of the snide remarks on the fire....including mine above....are meant in jest.

But I think some here do not realize that. I even put a "LOL" after one of my comments the other day and it pissed off a poster that didn't realize I was joking.

Many are made in jest surely. I have noticed that people make totally unrelated comment on a thread that attack another member. The death penalty thread is a good one. Barkoff asked another member if he thought that the parents of the shooter should suffer or something similar. Based on whether or not a man committed a crime. It has NOTHING to do with them. Did the man murder people? Yes? Then he dies... Crime and punishment. Thats how it should go. Not based on ANYTHING else would make it a LOT simpler. Just my opinion. YMMV.

I'm not sure if I'm getting your point. I was replying to a gent who for some reason dragged the killer's parents into the punishment, he seemed to have a little animosity for the parents becasue they are trying to save their son...something I venture everyone would do if faced with a similar situation.
I agree, it has noting to do with the parents, I didn't bring the parents into the conversation.