Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

notice I did not say all FFP scopes suck I just said in a hunting application I personally think they do. I use the video to show and explain why, form did you even bother to watch? FFP does work in certain scopes but not in the type that would make a good long range hunting scope. FFP does have some very distinct disadvantages, I am simply pointing them out.

I don't know about you, but I use FFP scopes for hunting. I have some decent SFP scopes that are maybe better for good light conditions and longer range, but that's only because they are higher magnification scopes. My 2.5-10 FFP is a much better low light scope and handles range much, much better in low light than any SFP scope I own.

You might want to spend some time behind a 1.5-6x42 Euro scope in FFP before you tell the world they suck for hunting scopes. 500-600 yards is easy enough for them and the game that gets shot outside that distance is a pretty tiny percentage of what hunters kill every year. As light fades and distance grows that reticle becomes ever more important. FFP reticles designed for low light and optics to handle low light are what those 1.5-6x42s are designed to be used for, by people who have a pretty good idea of what they're about.