Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
notice how the usual suspects pipe in and say oh you only shoot coyotes. without really a clue of what I do hunt, because I don't feel the need to brag about it to anyone. They are also the same ones who attack and accuse me of not knowing anything. whats funnier is they live in eastern states where heck it may not even be legal to hunt with a centerfire! Instead of admitting YES FFP does have some draw backs but in this case it worked better for me. I don't think they even watched the video I posted where the FFP reticle nearly washes out, good luck seeing that in low light!!! or even less than ideal light. if your reticle is a simple one that is basically a duplex and its a FFP reticle all this discussion really doesn't apply to your application. Thats because there aren't really any features your need to use on a basic reticle. a duplex reticle isn't that much different if its FFP or SFP.

Again I state I did not say ALL FFP scopes sucks. I just said ones typically used in a hunting application do. If you have a mega power scope that is 8x32 or something like that, YES get a FFP reticle in that scope, why because there is a high likelyhood of needing to turn that scope down. every application is different. but in a hunting application your going want SFP I stand by that.

The fact that you don't post about your hunts leads folks, definitely me, to question your field time with something. Bragging or not, I (we) don't know you and only know what you post. Maybe answer the questions asked and folks will quit busting your balls. Until then your opinion will be treated as talking out your ass from lack of experience. Notice how much less grief that folks whom post about their shooting/hunting get for similar comments as you made.

Yep, I live in state where centerfire rifle use is very restricted. But, I got a tip for you, I don't hunt just in my resident state. I've killed big game in 3 states that border UT this year. I do admit that compared to many this is a paltry amount of experience.

Then you have the guy that was driving force behind the design of the scope and reticle you have such a problem with. His bona fides are quite well respected in regards to both hunting and shooting long range. I'd hazard a guess that he has more and a wider breadth of experience than you... Yet, you think you can unequivocally claim FFP to be less effective for hunting than SFP. Heck, one of the scopes in the OP on one rifle has accounted for 16 big game animals in 2 years. Have you killed 1/4 of that amount of big game in the past two years with your scope of choice? That is why I can't agree completely with your version of a "dose of reality".

pointer yes you are one of the usual suspects. why is this about me and what I do and don't know RATHER THAN THE MERITS OF WHAT I SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good lord dude. now its about me knowing nothing because I don't post pictures bragging about how great I am. I don't need accolades from people around here. I don't need acceptance. so no I am not posting any pictures thats personal to me and my friends. frankly one could kill 16 big game animals with open sites. people want to respond to this without even actually reading what I have said about FFP or not.

for the last freaking time FFP has a place in the optics world, YES is does. but the problem is the video I showed and even more pictures that jordan from alberta posted albeit unwittingly further illustrate my point. (btw jordan from alberta, take me coyote hunting up there calling canada is a dream of mine) If jordan takes that pic with the trees instead of the sky in the background you can't even see the reticle at all!

Look no doubt occasionally I like to kick the ant pile around here. yeah I like some drama, but as part of that I am kinda also looking to be proven wrong if it can be done. my views are subject to change based on reason, experience, and logic. but thats not what I see from those advocating FFP on HUNTING scopes. If we all met even ole formido we would probably shake hands and laugh, its all good. happy holidays