Originally Posted by RDFinn
No offense Dave, but you are stating an opinion as was I.

None taken RD.
Yes I am.
Just looking at the scope in the pic up top I'd say its a poor excuse for a FFP reticle.
Its to thin.
Most euro FFP reticles in hunting scopes have alot more coverage than that thing.SO its no surprise that when you turn the power down you cant see it.
Poor execution of a european idea by a chi-com company for an american consumer.
I will give them credit for trying.
Other thing I see here is why, when woods hunting, carrying a scope on lower power, would a person care if you could see all the ghost rings mil-dots and christmas trees when the shots you'll be taking in the woods would be what 75 100 150 yards?
On the FFP reticles I 've used from Zeiss and S&B.The reticles are heavy enough that at the lower powers i've never had a problem. And I have done quit a bit of the running and jumping stuff at close range in thick crap.

Originally Posted by MILES58

You might want to spend some time behind a 1.5-6x42 Euro scope in FFP before you tell the world they suck for hunting scopes. 500-600 yards is easy enough for them and the game that gets shot outside that distance is a pretty tiny percentage of what hunters kill every year. As light fades and distance grows that reticle becomes ever more important. FFP reticles designed for low light and optics to handle low light are what those 1.5-6x42s are designed to be used for, by people who have a pretty good idea of what they're about.

This.
Originally Posted by SAKO75
As stated before, a FFP with good illumination system (flashdot for example) never loses the reticle no matter the power setting or light condition

This.
Flash Dots and illumination have a whole different level of
flexability.

I have always found that guys that came up on leupold variables have a problem with euro FFP reticles.In the beginning.Its an acquired taste.Some guys never acquire it.
Thats fine to.But for low light.And not shifting POA during power changes.
Its very difficult to beat a FFP reticle.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.