Originally Posted By curdog4570

But I was driven to Him by forces beyond my control.

I still don't know much about Him.......... but I've learned a lot about myself.

And THAT is the key to the good life.

Curdog,
This speaks volumes to me and I respect the manner in which you present your faith.

What gets to me is posters like Fireball2 who feel the need to interject God into posts that have nothing to do with God or religion.

Someone starts a thread concerning everyday aches and pains and he posts Scripture about being pain free after you die. Well no kidding you're dead.

Someone starts a thread asking where the jobs are. He suggests getting back to a Bible teaching church(I've never been in a church that didn't have a Bible). The guy asked about jobs, not religion. How does he know the original poster isn't already a student of the Bible? Kinda' presumptuous in my eyes.

I respect posters like ScottF and TLEE. Both of whom have profound faith and don't feel the need to proselytize. Their faith is evident in how they live their lives and in their posts.

"Christians" like FB2 And Ringman impress me as folks who need to push their faith on others as a means to bolster their own egos.

I think it is arrogance in it's purest form to tell someone that they're not getting to Heaven since their belief is different than theirs.

I believe in a higher power. It's something in me that's hard to express but the belief is there none the less.And the older I get and the more I learn the more profound the belief.

It's called obedience and love for fellow man. Jesus told us,
Matthew 28:18-20

“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter