Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

The Christian God is unchanging?
Really?
I guess you've never compared are contrasted the Gods of the Old and New Testaments.

You continue to bring up a straw man god. The God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament. You reject the Scripture That tells of Hell and eternal punishment in the New Testament. You don't accept the New Testament Scripture where a man and his wife were killed by God for lying to God. You reject the Scripture Which informs us that Jesus is returning with His holy angles dealing out retribution to two groups of people: Those who do not know God and those who do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It doesn't sound fair to deal out the same retribution to those who do not know God as to those who don't obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, from my point of view. At least one group knows about Him by name. But then I don't see God as the omni-beneficial that you tried to bring up at least once.

Recently someone asked me if I know the Lord God. I told him that very morning I listened to Joshua on the CD player. General Joshua lead his army in the defeat of Jericho. God said everything, I mean everything in the city was a sacrifice to the Lord: The men, women, children, their pets and live stock and possessions were to be burned. One guy took a couple pieces of gold and silver and other contraband.

In the next battle thirty-six men were killed in the battle. Joshua went to the Lord to discover what's up. God told him something to the effect you guys took some of my sacrifice. Now check this out. Thirty-six who didn't take anything were dead, but God spared the actual thief. God told Joshua to stone the thief, his wife, the kids, the pets and livestock. That doesn't seem fair at all to me. But then His ways are above my ways.

Just a heads up for you to not confuse what you read out side the Bible with What's inside the Bible.

By admitting you understand the actions of your God as portrayed in the Bible are not just, you've just proven you are more moral then your God.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell