Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
NYC and NY State both have income taxes. These taxes are a large part of the reason that so many companies have moved headquarters from NYC to NJ and why NY State now has a net loss of population each year. Seattle will learn, but it takes the dummies a bit longer to learn.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by LONEOAK
Give them a little time. They'll get around to you eventually - they'll have to in order to try and support an unsustainable expense structure.

I'll be out of here before then. Think I'll move to TN and vote democrat.

No offense, but most TN Democrats tend to be far more conservative than West Coast Republicans....

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Give them a little time. They'll get around to you eventually - they'll have to in order to try and support an unsustainable expense structure.

No offense, but most TN Democrats tend to be far more conservative than West Coast Republicans....

So where does that put me on the Ted Cruz-Texas scale?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Yes they do let them pay for their safe injection sites and tunnel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fredIII

Damn decent of them, no?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
St.Louis city has an income tax ,If you work in or live in the city.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

So where does that put me on the Ted Cruz-Texas scale?

'Bout the same. Even though they're 1000 miles apart, you won't find many places more culturally similar than Texas and Tennessee. Honest question...have you lived in lib-land all your 36 years?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by fredIII

Damn decent of them, no?

They are hell bent on ruining the state.
Ya let them pay for their stupid BS.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Unfortunately, when the very rich leave an area, they migrate to places like Montana. There, they buy the best land at outrageous prices, which drives up all the other land value/taxes and prices the people who were born there out of their own land. THEN, they start changing the local government into exactly what they fled in the first place.

It's a cancer.

It happens here too. There are folks like Pugs & Denny that assimilate and the ones that don't. North Carolina and Texas have had politics change because of it. Our eastern panhandle is part of the beltway metro area.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
It happens here too. There are folks like Pugs & Denny that assimilate and the ones that don't. North Carolina and Texas have had politics change because of it. Our eastern panhandle is part of the beltway metro area.

We were out at the camp over the 4th and there were some folks plinking away on the other side of the valley. The owners of the camp owners to our west side (from DC) were ""very concerned". I pointed out to my wife how much better I felt about someone putting a few down range compared to when we're at home and the the next thing you know there would be a helo overhead. Oh, and then I put a couple mags out of the MK-II into my backstop just to make my point. grin Subtle point to the neighbors with the Hillary sticker.

One of the great draws to NH for us is the lack of big cities. Big cities tend to destroy all they touch. The countdown is on to us leaving this soul sucking state.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately, when the very rich leave an area, they migrate to places like Montana. There, they buy the best land at outrageous prices, which drives up all the other land value/taxes and prices the people who were born there out of their own land. THEN, they start changing the local government into exactly what they fled in the first place.

It's a cancer.

No wonder my ears were burning!

I've been here 27 years, and the hardest hard-core dems I've run into are natives, often well-heeled landowners. A couple used to come around during election cycles, pushing their nonsense, but I think I've got them trained to skip my house now. Bastids!

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They should make all the money they need off the pot sales.
Course need and want are different, huh?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
quit succeeding. problem solved. its worked for generations of city dwellers

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hugh
St.Louis city has an income tax ,If you work in or live in the city.

I think K.C. does too.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

You'd never make it in the river bottoms.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead

You'd never make it in the river bottoms.

Well at least you got the sarcasm. Can't say the same for Pat.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's a cancer.

Yep. They schitt their own nests making them unlivable then move into your's and proceed to schitt in it too. I would be hostile and unwelcoming to people I know moving in from such places until they prove they haven't brought their baggage with them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by stevelyn

It's a cancer.

Yep. They schitt their own nests making them unlivable then move into your's and proceed to schitt in it too. I would be hostile and unwelcoming to people I know moving in from such places until they prove they haven't brought their baggage with them.

Well after about 30 seconds, I believe you would buy me a beer!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs

We were out at the camp over the 4th and there were some folks plinking away on the other side of the valley. The owners of the camp owners to our west side (from DC) were ""very concerned". I pointed out to my wife how much better I felt about someone putting a few down range compared to when we're at home and the the next thing you know there would be a helo overhead. Oh, and then I put a couple mags out of the MK-II into my backstop just to make my point. grin Subtle point to the neighbors with the Hillary sticker.

One of the great draws to NH for us is the lack of big cities. Big cities tend to destroy all they touch. The countdown is on to us leaving this soul sucking state.

Over 1/2 of NH's population lives in the southern 1/3 of the State, basically south of an east-west line drawn through Concord. No big cities, but a lot of urban sprawl, particularly along the I-93 and US-3 corridors. If you decide to live almost anywhere north of Concord, you are in rural/small town country that is pretty quiet except for tourists around the lake and mountains in the summer and around the ski areas in the winter. NH isn't a very large State, only 9,350 square miles, but the terrain dictates that the road network mostly follows the river valleys wherever it can, so travel tends to be a little slower than in many other States.

If I was going to move back there and was focusing on hunting/fishing opportunities, I'd take a look at the Bath/Lisbon/Woodsville area, close to both I-91 and I-93, or the Bristol/New Hampton/Plymouth area, close to I-93.

If you go on a retirement property prospecting trip, I highly recommend that you make time in your schedule to have dinner at Colatina Exit in Bradford, VT, just off I-91 and across the Connecticut River from Piermont, NH. They have the best Sicilian clam and mushroom soup that I've ever tasted, worth going out of your way for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that's about $6K in taxes for someone making $250K a year.

I expect in Seattle they have some crazy cost of living but I doubt very few would move from the city just to get away from $6K.

Its alot of money but they aren't living in the suburbs to save $6K

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,509
Posts18,509,355
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.