Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Pretty funny.

They've had my cash for nearly three fhuqking months(5/24/18) and I added more cash on top of the initial purchase,to upgrade a schit Geovid(I returned),but have yet to receive goods,despite multiple Posts that said wares were "in hand".

Have talked with Neil,Doug,Joel and most recently Scott(he might actually be fhuqking honest). Fairly fhuqking EPIC Circle Jerk and the "excuses" run the gawddamned fhuqking gamut. "It'll ship tomorrow". "It'll ship with your returned Accessories,to speed up the process,in a couple days". "It'll ship this next Friday". Not ONE email contact,nor a phone call. FUNNY fhuqking schit and for fhuqking months.

What a Goat Fhuqk.

Bait & Switch at it's BEST and hialariously inept. "I'm waiting to call Leica". Heard that one,EVERY fhuqking time!

Hilarious!

(Addendum: Scott(the honest one)

Did in fact call back,with the SAME fhuqking "excuse" as the others. "This will go to the top of Doug's desk and when he arrives(early) Monday morning,it will "get sorted out"". I ordered more than (12) Mondays ago. Laughing!

I buy more than a "bit"of merchandise and from more than a "few" Vendors and CameraLand is ABSOFHUQKINGLUTELY THE most chickenschit fhuqks to date. Hint. Though in fairness...Peterson is in the race. Laughing!

All the "deals" are fhuqking HILARIOUS and it's typical Bait & Switch Bullschit.

NOBODY at CameraLand "shoots" anything,other than their fhuqking mouths.

Hint.

HILARIOUS!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Doesn't sound funny to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tag

I gotta go put the jiffy pop on, laugh

I'm betting the same "i always use adblock and never have problems crowd" will be along shortly

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Threee months? Be patient, you have seven to go, if it's like my experience. The rest of your post sounds like a duplicate of my "luck".

Dale

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You seem to get a lot of this sort of thing.

Karma?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
never mind

Last edited by SockPuppet; 08/17/18.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am out of the store today, however, Scottie just reached out to me about this. I attempted to get with Leica, however, on a Friday at 4:30 I was unable to reach the person I needed to speak with. I will get on this 1st thing Monday morning and find out what's going on and make sure this unit gets right out to you. I apologize for this error and delay.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had nothing but great service from Doug personally, he took care of a problem that really wasn't even his fault.

If you look at the ops history this kind of thing seems to happen a bit..........Hmm.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people seem to have consistently schidty luck with customer service. I wonder why.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Some people seem to have consistently schidty luck with customer service. I wonder why.

Yep, it reminds me of that saying "if everyone you meet seems to be an [bleep], well, the [bleep] is probably YOU".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I would imagine that the sycophants are preparing to mount a defense (not of Cameraland).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I'm certain wonder isn't new to you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMO, there are no "deals" at CL that cannot be beaten elsewhere.............hence I don't do any business with them.

MM

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

never had a moments prob with CL of NY

bought a lot of stuff there......

e mails & PM's to them privately would work much better

not drag 'em in the mud on an open forum !

oh......there's that ignore button.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I would imagine that the sycophants are preparing to mount a defense (not of Cameraland).

Yeah, okay, I had to google "sycophant."

I've probably made 12 purchases from Doug, with nary a problem. I wouldn't hesitate to order from him - before the year is out, I'm sure I will again.

We have an office in New Hyde Park, NY, about 25 minutes away from Doug's location. His store has a good reputation with our employees. Matter of fact, next time I'm there I'm going to make it a point to swing by his store.

Folks from all over Long Island come there to buy camera equipment. I guess photography is a thing on Long Island.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So sorry this happened to you, Stick

I'll make a kleenex paper plane and airmail it to you immediately so you can wipe tears away

Oooops... the kleenex plane was as limp as your attempt at gaining sympathy

Aint neither one gonna fly.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Despite other's great experience with CL, my experience was very different. Ordered a camera for my wife, which turned out to be defective, after sending it back, somebody from CL called her and said I agreed to upgrade to a more expensive camera.....which was a total lie.

About what I'd expect from NYC camera store but it gets great reviews here so I took the chance.......never again!

Cancer Sucks
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No matter how hard you try you can't please everyone but...

In reality, how difficult is it to provide good customer service?

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Buying hunting gear from New York City?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I'm laughing. Look who the service break happened to. Love it! Poor leetle boxer.

Last edited by Old Ornery; 08/17/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So is this a product they normally stock that they haven’t been able to get to you in three months? Or a special order item direct from the manufacturer.

Guessing on the answers here this person boxer has lots of bad customer service experiences.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd heard Big Stick had a problem with Carmaland, didn't know Boxer did too. I reckon Big Stick is saving the "big post" for after all the mail gets opened....

Then again, a return of goods and a replacement isn't rocket science.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Yeah, okay, I had to google "sycophant."

I've probably made 12 purchases from Doug, with nary a problem. I wouldn't hesitate to order from him - before the year is out, I'm sure I will again.

We have an office in New Hyde Park, NY, about 25 minutes away from Doug's location. His store has a good reputation with our employees. Matter of fact, next time I'm there I'm going to make it a point to swing by his store.

Folks from all over Long Island come there to buy camera equipment. I guess photography is a thing on Long Island.

Not sure I made my thought clear - I was referring to sycophants of Boxer.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i called them twice to order some hooks, i think it was scott i talked to. both times he told me he was busy took my number and said he'd call back, that never happened. i got the hooks somewhere else.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have only purchased one item from CL. It was on back order and there was a slight delay. Doug helped me and made good on everything he said. In fact they gave me a discount without my asking for it for my having to wait. I'm sorry you got bad service but I could not be happier about the service I received. Also the price was outstanding.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Typical little Larry, worrying about the little things in life and never focused on things that matter. Congratulations?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

If you likes yer CL .........you can keep your CL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear of your bad run.
I buy my camera's that I use for my knife pictures off of these guys and they always took care of me,straight up. Just my $.02 Hope you get squared away

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
IMO, there are no "deals" at CL that cannot be beaten elsewhere.............hence I don't do any business with them.

MM

Try buying a new/demo Leica HD-R Geovid 10X42 for $995 as I did from Doug. Yeah, it took a couple of weeks, but so what? The guy saved me $1000.

Sometimes there are better deals out there, but it can't be easy for CL to keep up with pricing on alpha glass when companies like Swarovski impose strict price controls.

The guys there at CL do what they can for us, imho.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
At least a dozen orders here. Never had one ounce of a problem.
Wouldn't hesitate to order again.
GreggH

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Good job Castanza,You really need to try harder at being a douche....you aren't even good at that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Calling Jud to the white courtesy phone.......

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

MM

This.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I normally don't chime in on many threads and never on one that 4 pages deep in one afternoon. But I have several dealings with Doug at Cameraland and never had an issue that was not resolved quickly and 100% to my satisfaction. I believe him to honest, fair and an asset to this and other forums.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is this where i get to vent?

Yeah... had enough poor service to NOT be my first, second, or third choice. Am not airing the laundry today; doug can pm this customer if he wants the feedback.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1.) Boxer = Big Stick. BS (apt moniker) is limited in his privilege to post here, hence the sock puppet..

2.) Sounds like the issue might be more Leica than CL. If so, WTF you want? Send somebody to the gas chamber over it? I always find it interesting that those that are most critical of customer service have NEVER had a career in which customer service is the lifeblood of the business....or their paycheck. By in large, the most critical are either clock punching drones or those who work with their back and not their heads. They demand Ritz- Carlton service, but no way in hell are willing to pay Ritz-Carlton prices to enjoy the luxury. They want Walmart prices and then bitch that they get Walmart customer service.

3. ) Sites like this need sponsors, and Doug has earned a good rep with quite a number of CF members. Some of you think you can save $20 elsewhere? What is this forum that you're constantly on worth? Are those cheaper/bargain sites supporting RickBin? Hell no! In all walks of life you will find those who only take and never put anything back.

Sorry to hear Stumpy is having issues with CL. By reputation, I feel confident CL will do whatever they can to make it right. I'm certain the efforts will go unappreciated.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doug called me and offered a $25 gift certificate for a range finder that was advertised wrong...Never got it in spite of 3 calls and 2 emails.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I have ordered a number of scopes and cameras from Cameraland through the years. Every transaction
was handled as agreed except one. Doug got in touch with me (email or message) and told me the item
was going to be shipped a few days later than stated.

Other than that everything has been perfect with buying from them. That one problem could hardly be
called an imperfection. Just a delay that was unavoidable.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I got my wife her Canon SLR upgrade and several binos from CL and was pleased with the service and price. My wife usually bought her photography stuff from another big store but I told Doug what the other place offered and asked if he could match it or beat it. He matched their price and threw in an extra battery (Canon, not a cheapo replacement) and several other things. I wanted to give him my business because of the campfire and he made it easy for me to do so.

Other than that how’d you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

I love a call-out thread and can’t stop laughing at the fact that it was initiated by an infamous innanet icon. When you’re limited to 1 post per day you have to get the most miles out of it, a call-out thread never doesn’t have legs. 😂

Let us bow our heads and pray..........

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, he sucks. Kill him in the gas chamber.

(Q. - Did Doug place the advert, or was it on the website? If so, what did he really owe you? I agree if he offered you a gift certificate he needs to deliver, but it sounds like he was trying to do right by you. )

Originally Posted by 10at6
Doug called me and offered a $25 gift certificate for a range finder that was advertised wrong...Never got it in spite of 3 calls and 2 emails.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Poor little Larry ........ Boo stinking hoo!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm NOT defending Boxer.......but just because some of you have experienced good customer service from CL does not mean other's bad experience didn't happen.

The experience I posted earlier did, in fact, happen.......I informed Doug of the issue and he didn't even offer an apology for his scumbag employee calling my wife and lying to her to get her to pay more for a different product......all this after they sold me a defective camera and then tried to tell me I just didn't know how to operate it (this after I had contacted the manufacturer who confirmed it was defective and told me to return it to place of purchase).

If you have had good luck with CL.....great.....but there are those of us that have had problems and your good luck doesn't change that fact.

Cancer Sucks
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Whether true or not, its hard to persuade someone who's had just the opposite experiences... personally I've had quite a few dealings and purchases with them over the last 15 years and the pleasure of talking with all three of them with great service in each case, but also I've never had to return anything or recieved any bad product from them.

As to finding better deals elsewhere, I do find that really hard to believe.

Camera Land is my first go to place for cameras and sport glass!

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

MM

This.

Okay fellas, take a quick moment and post anywhere, A N Y W H E R E that can get close to these prices from last March.... I'd say I'd wait, but I won't.....you'll not find anything remotely close.

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Edition 2200 #40441
$1099.99
No outer box
This Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R 2200 Yards Binocular MPN 40441 includes long ranging capability up to 2,200 meters and 1,200 equivalent horizontal range, LED display with automatic adjustment, Perger porro prisms, aqua dura coating, eyecups with 4 click-stop settings, ergonomic bridge construction, and a fully rubber-armored magnesium body. The Geovid HD-R 2200 offers sharp, high-contrast images, plasticity, astonishing depth, high light transmission, vivid colors and the added accuracy of user selected ballistic curves.

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Yards Binocular #40059 $999.99
No outer box
These Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.

Geovid HD-R 8x42 Yards #40057 $949.99
No outer box, no owners manual
These Leica Geovid 8x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.
If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 10x42 Binocular #40428 $1149.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
HDC Fully Multi-Coated Optics
IR Laser Rangefinder with Inclinometer
Range: 10-1200 Yards
Adjusted Distance for Relative Angle
Nitrogen-Filled, Water and Fogproof
Aluminum Alloy Chassis
Tripod Mountable with Optional Adapter
Twist-Up Click-Stop Eyecups
Runs on One CR2 Lithium Battery

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 8x42 Binocular #40426 $1099.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
Aluminum Alloy Chassis

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No issues here in more than a few purchases. They've always been friendly, reasonable, and shipped quickly. No, Cameraland is not going to be the cheapest on everything you buy. It's a tall order and probably not the right business decision to be the cheapest every time. I'm sure they screw up at times and piss some people off. It happens. I don't always buy from them but I do think the good far outweighs the bad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

You'd be hard pressed to beat Doug's advertised sales. If you want something not on sale, or found a better price, call Doug and he'll at least match it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

MM

This.

Okay fellas, take a quick moment and post anywhere, A N Y W H E R E that can get close to these prices from last March.... I'd say I'd wait, but I won't.....you'll not find anything remotely close.

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Edition 2200 #40441
$1099.99
No outer box
This Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R 2200 Yards Binocular MPN 40441 includes long ranging capability up to 2,200 meters and 1,200 equivalent horizontal range, LED display with automatic adjustment, Perger porro prisms, aqua dura coating, eyecups with 4 click-stop settings, ergonomic bridge construction, and a fully rubber-armored magnesium body. The Geovid HD-R 2200 offers sharp, high-contrast images, plasticity, astonishing depth, high light transmission, vivid colors and the added accuracy of user selected ballistic curves.

Geovid 10x42 HD-R Yards Binocular #40059 $999.99
No outer box
These Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.

Geovid HD-R 8x42 Yards #40057 $949.99
No outer box, no owners manual
These Leica Geovid 8x42 HD-R yards binoculars have an integrated laser rangefinder, ergonomic design, high quality finish, require no pre-setting or pre-programming, and are lightweight and compact.
If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 10x42 Binocular #40428 $1149.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
Aluminum Alloy Chassis

Geovid-R Yards w/EHR 8x42 Binocular #40426 $1099.99
Current version
Compact Roof Prisms
Aluminum Alloy Chassis

Don't hold your breath

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Quite a few dealings with Doug and the CL crew since 2005 and all good with no problems ever.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like Doug and the gang. I’ve only bought some binoculars and a couple scopes.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have never had any dealings with them. If I seen one person whining about something and a hundred other good reviews, myself I would just chalk up the one as a "loon"

However for people like myself, on the outside looking in- now that I see more than that has had a bad go-around with them. I will very quickly and firmly cement this into my mind.

In my thinking if you don't handle crap on the front end, it will bite you in the ass. No matter if you think you can ride it out with a heavy group of satisfides.

I was never in retail, but my experience in my business providing a service- I make damn sure that I didnt't drag my ass when a small issue had the potential to blow up. I got a ton of competitor's clientel because they lazy, had ignoramouses working for them, too busy smoking dope and riding their waverunner at the lake, gone for 3 weeks deer hunting. Yeah f uck that, you lost a sale and a repeat customer and everyone/anyone that person could've reccommended you to.

So....better pull a rabbit out of your ass

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Calling Jud to the white courtesy phone.......

laughing!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by skeen

Phil

You'd be hard pressed to beat Doug's advertised sales. If you want something not on sale, or found a better price, call Doug and he'll at least match it.

That hasn't been my experience

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, no pics?

Camera still broke?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If it turned out, that one day, outta all the days it was in your house, your toilet hadda turd it wouldn't flush.

This was the right turd.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you want to get seriously disappointed, order from PTG. They make any customer service story into a boring tale of nothingness.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
as abad of luck as larry has I have to wonder if he even gets the family discounts from the hookers in his town

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by high_country_
If you want to get seriously disappointed, order from PTG. They make any customer service story into a boring tale of nothingness.

Insane..... I have no idea how they stay in business. Insane......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys,
I have read all the posts and I would like to thank those who have taken the time to post. Both praise and criticism. We try, however, unfortunately we are not perfect. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and all we can do at that point is our best to correct the situation.

If a situation ever arises I do ask that you give me a call, 516-217-1000, so I can handle it personally. Neil and Scottie and all of our crew are great guys, however, I'm the guy in charge and the only way to improve our operation is to correct these issues and work to see that they do not get repeated.

I called Larry today to discuss this issue with him and do what I can to make things right with him. He's upset, with good reason. It was too late to get with the mfg. today and I intend to do all I can to rectify this 1st thing Monday morning. I will do my best to get his item to him as quickly as possible, hopefully before the week is out. He asked me to "impress him". I will do what I can and hope when all is said and done he can enjoy the product and have many years of great service from it.

Thanks again for the input.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys,
I have read all the posts and I would like to thank those who have taken the time to post. Both praise and criticism. We try, however, unfortunately we are not perfect. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and all we can do at that point is our best to correct the situation.

If a situation ever arises I do ask that you give me a call, 516-217-1000, so I can handle it personally. Neil and Scottie and all of our crew are great guys, however, I'm the guy in charge and the only way to improve our operation is to correct these issues and work to see that they do not get repeated.

I called Larry today to discuss this issue with him and do what I can to make things right with him. He's upset, with good reason. It was too late to get with the mfg. today and I intend to do all I can to rectify this 1st thing Monday morning. I will do my best to get his item to him as quickly as possible, hopefully before the week is out. He asked me to "impress him". I will do what I can and hope when all is said and done he can enjoy the product and have many years of great service from it.

Only way you could impress that prick is make him two foot taller.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who's ever worked retail or sales has had the "Big Stick" customer. Not worth the effort, will never be happy, and thinks because they are spending money they can walk all over you.

Phuqq it...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly that’s all a customer can expect. However that isn’t always the case.

And as always there is two, three, four...sides to every story. Which you don’t get with these types of drive by shoot and run threads.

Oh so glad my Corporate retail days are behind me.

Carry on.
Guys,

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yelp, 9 reviews............ 5 star reviews = 9/9 = 100% good reviews

https://www.yelp.com/biz/camera-land-old-bethpage

reseller ratings, 16 reviews........... 5 star reviews = 15; 1 star review =1 = 93.75% good reviews

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Camera_Land_Camera_Land_NY

Farcebook, 63 people 4.8 out of 5 rating (what's that = to? a 96% rating?)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CameraLandNY/reviews/

Citysearch, 100% "recommends"

https://www.citysearch.com/profile/724415290/new_york_ny/camera_land_inc.html

Better Business Bureau, No complaints (60 years in business) , one bad review (Read CLNY's response to reviewer if you choose to be informed)

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/old-bethp...mera-land-inc-0121-1410/customer-reviews

What's that old saying? Let the buyer beware? Well, based on the quick search I did (and I didn't even use that "roogle" monster search engine) is seems to me an informed buyer might think that the overwhelming results folks have had doing business with Cameraland have been favorable. But that's just my take on things.

My experiences have been quite pleasant, though limited. Two purchases I believe, one a spotter scope and the other a rifle scope. The rifle scope was a very decent "mid range" scope and I received it with a coffee cup and a package of Cafe Bustelo. Perhaps that alone might account for a slight bias? grin ( I love good coffee............especially when it's unexpected and free!) grin

Geno

PS, I don't own stock in CLNY nor am I a paid shill.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No your just lookin for another cup o’ joe. grin

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Doug,

Send him a package of Bustelo. It impressed the hell out of me. wink

Thanks for you and the guys great service on the two purchases I made. I'll more than certainly consider doing business with you guys next time I need optics. I may decide to shop elsewhere, but customer service will not be the deciding factor.

Thanks also for sponsoring the loony bin here.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Um................................................

SO....................what's your point? laugh

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Um................................................

SO....................what's your point? laugh

Geno

Nothing just trying to get in good Incase I get drawn for one of them XZones in your area I can stop by and get a cup. grin

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Appears one of the big problems with the low price demo Leica’s is the fact that Leica is handling things and CL is taking orders for merchandise they don’t have at their store.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FatCity,

PM on the way so as to not hijack thread.

Geno

In it is contentment

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Had a few purchases from Cameraland over the last 10 years, maybe 4 or so. Never ever had a problem. There is two scopes waiting at the post office for me to pick up in the morning, bet I still wont have any issues. Cameraland is one of the places I recommend, and send my friends to.

Last edited by Oakster; 08/17/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FatCity,

PM on the way so as to not hijack thread.

Geno

Back at ya Geno.

"Maybe we're all happy."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Guys,

Ok, Doug, let’s go back to circa 2005 when I bought 2 pairs of Zeiss binocs from you, a10x25 and a 8x30, still got’em. This was before you becoming a sponsor here. It was me that recommended you look into it here, you did and the rest is history. We did this via telecon. It’s been a while and quite a journey.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Appears one of the big problems with the low price demo Leica’s is the fact that Leica is handling things and CL is taking orders for merchandise they don’t have at their store.

+1

That is EXACTLY the issue I had back in January. Purchased a demo/special price Leica Geovid, and Leica sent me the wrong model. Returned (on my dime).... and waited quite some time before deciding on a refund as Leica didn't seem to have my binox on hand, and apparently no one was willing to step up and keep me as a satisfied customer.

Leica's CS is down right [bleep]. And unfortunately Doug, because of Leica's [bleep] customer service, unresponsiveness, unwillingness to eat a few bucks due to their mistakes...it reflects on CLNY whether you like it or not as you're taking the $$ for the orders and getting reamed for Leica's incompetence, unreliability and lack of service.

Not telling you how to run your business, however, if it were me I wouldn't be taking any $$ for Leica demo/sale products unless I had the inventory on hand.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I still think little big stick just needs a friend.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Well that seems to happen a lot with people who are a little out there on their own little planet....and think they are the only intelligent human being in existence...along with the thoughts that everyone else in the world is out to get them....

its less about poor customer service and a lot more about just paranoid schizophrenia....and being high all the time I am sure does NOT alleviate the situation......

It ain't easy being Schtick....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Somehow I don't think you're going to volunteer?

Geno

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

+1

That is EXACTLY the issue I had back in January. Purchased a demo/special price Leica Geovid, and Leica sent me the wrong model. Returned (on my dime).... and waited quite some time before deciding on a refund as Leica didn't seem to have my binox on hand, and apparently no one was willing to step up and keep me as a satisfied customer.

Leica's CS is down right [bleep]. And unfortunately Doug, because of Leica's [bleep] customer service, unresponsiveness, unwillingness to eat a few bucks due to their mistakes...it reflects on CLNY whether you like it or not as you're taking the $$ for the orders and getting reamed for Leica's incompetence, unreliability and lack of service.

Not telling you how to run your business, however, if it were me I wouldn't be taking any $$ for Leica demo/sale products unless I had the inventory on hand.

I've purchased a boatload of optics from CL over the past decade. I appreciate that they support this and other forums. I'd rather support a family owned business than an internet warehouse....as long as the price is close.

They've allowed me to order optics for evaluation that they did not have in stock which they had to contact the manufacturer to get. They've put together a special order through S&B. They've allowed return of items. They've replaced a faulty product for me.

I've heard Doug state "the difference between us and them is us".... Every company is good when everything goes well. It's when there's a problem that real customer service becomes apparent. Some may say its unfair to lay blame on CL because of a problem with a manufacturer but that's what they are needed to do....if they can't or won't do that then someone is just as well or better off ordering from an online warehouse. Doug has stated that Stick is correct to be ticked right now, accepted the responsibility for the issue, and said he'll call the manufacturer Monday.....way late in the game to play catch-up. Regardless, better to clean things up late in the game than never. Internet gives us anything delivered right to our door......if a company is based on customer service they really have to provide that service or they have to expect to be called out on it. Waiting to see how this turns out.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Anyone who's ever worked retail or sales has had the "Big Stick" customer. Not worth the effort, will never be happy, and thinks because they are spending money they can walk all over you.

Yup and then goes online and has a big public hissy fit instead of dealing with the issue one on one like a man.

What goes around, comes around for midgets too.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by 16bore

Yup and then goes online and has a big public hissy fit instead of dealing with the issue one on one like a man.

What goes around, comes around for midgets too.

Yup. Soon as I read the OP I thought " consider the source...."

Nothing but good luck with Cameraland here....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have never had any dealings with them. If I seen one person whining about something and a hundred other good reviews, myself I would just chalk up the one as a "loon"

However for people like myself, on the outside looking in- now that I see more than that has had a bad go-around with them. I will very quickly and firmly cement this into my mind.

In my thinking if you don't handle crap on the front end, it will bite you in the ass. No matter if you think you can ride it out with a heavy group of satisfides.

I was never in retail, but my experience in my business providing a service- I make damn sure that I didnt't drag my ass when a small issue had the potential to blow up. I got a ton of competitor's clientel because they lazy, had ignoramouses working for them, too busy smoking dope and riding their waverunner at the lake, gone for 3 weeks deer hunting. Yeah f uck that, you lost a sale and a repeat customer and everyone/anyone that person could've reccommended you to.

^^^THIS^^^

I too have never bought anything from them, so I'm also an outsider looking in.

I own a company that sells building materials that my grandfather started in 1938. We didn't get to where we are by giving poor service or ripping people off. My father always said that it takes years to build up a good reputation, but only a minute for someone tear it down. You give good service to someone and they might tell a friend or two. But if you give someone bad service, they'll tell 10 or 15 people very quick. For your reputations sake, give as much good service as you can. It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time. I've instructed my guys that when there is a problem, even if it's small, to deal with it as quick as possible and make the customer as happy as possible, then move on. Don't put it on the back burner, just get rid of it as fast as you can. However, sometimes they fall through the cracks, especially when you're dealing with hundreds of people a day and you're busy. We're all human.

Sometimes you have problems with manufacturers and your hands are tied. All you can do is hope that the info that we're receiving from them is accurate and we're not blowing smoke up their ass. We don't want to be called liars, because we're not. Schit rolls down hill. When the customer starts getting irate with us, we start applying more pressure on the supplier. Unfortunately, the actions of the supplier can reflect poorly on my reputation, which doesn't make me happy.

We have a handful of regular customers that always have a problem, complaint, or issue. When I see them come into the yard, or call on the phone, it makes me cringe because you know what's coming. However, I just bite my lip because I know their money is good and they keep coming back. We just have to handle them with kid gloves and give them extra care and hope for the best. I'm not saying that Boxer, or anyone else here, is one of these guys because I don't know you.

I think that Doug's last post says it all. Hopefully, when he has time, he'll contact some of the other unsatisfied guys on here and try to patch thing up. That's up to him though. I've been looking at spotting scopes recently and it seems as though CL has some great deals. From everything I've seen on here, Doug seems like an upstanding guy and he's trying to run the company to the best of his ability. When I do pull the trigger on the scope, I'll take my chances and will be buying it from CL.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Geno

Hell, why not eh?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I retired as Customer Service Manager for an aircraft manufacturer after 25 years there.

The first thing you need to discern is if you have a product problem or a people problem. If the problem is with the product, you can address the person all day long but the problem will remain until the product is remedied.

If the problem is with the person, nothing you do to the product will make the problem go away.

If you don’t address product problems as soon as they come to your attention, you will also have a people problem.

Most C S people don’t have the authority to fix product problems so all they know to do is apologize ........ endlessly.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I retired as Customer Service Manager for an aircraft manufacturer after 25 years there.

The first thing you need to discern is if you have a product problem or a people problem. If the problem is with the product, you can address the person all day long but the problem will remain until the product is remedied.

If the problem is with the person, nothing you do to the product will make the problem go away.

If you don’t address product problems as soon as they come to your attention, you will also have a people problem.

Most C S people don’t have the authority to fix product problems so all they know to do is apologize ........ endlessly.

I believe I was a victim of this when I went to the builders house to pick up my new custom 58 cal percussion round ball hawken rifle, we took the rifle out to the back porch of his shop, where a shooting bench was set up. I looked up on a freshly cut grass hillside to see three orange clay birds glowing in the morning sun, 50, 75, and 100 yards away.

He handed me his bag and let me load my new rifle from it, 140 gr FFG black powder per shot, he told me to hold at six o'clock on each bird, I proceeded to load and fire, busting all three birds, long story short, I believe he found out that morning that he'd not have a problem with me or that rifle again as far as customer service was concerned, he knew the rifle was a shooter, after the bench, he knew I could shoot it too. smile

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Shoot, can't you see he has his bottle, computer, and foul temper. What a mix. Come to think of it, I would love to see Bigstick mess with the Antifa's in Portland. If he did that, then he would have my support.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Doug and Cameraland have always treated me right. This is no reflection on them.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Typical little Larry, worrying about the little things in life and never focused on things that matter. Congratulations?

Maybe, but do you perchance think three months is acceptable?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'd take my sweet time getting back to you as well. You must've used your break-in routine on those Geovids. You know, this break-in routine you so fondly published:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRRahHX9Zkg

By the way, why do you need a set of laser rangefinding spectacles. Everyone knows your using Peterson brass and it ain't for much past 50 yards.

Also to add, done plenty of business with Doug and Cameraland. He always shot me straight. Maybe it's you?

Last edited by devnull; 08/18/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guys,

Send the miserable midget his money back, along with a note telling him to stick it as far up his azzz as humanly possible. Life's too short (is that a pun?)

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Good job Castanza,You really need to try harder at being a douche....you aren't even good at that.

Trumps being a dumbfuck, congrats?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I didn't know camera land sold Peterson brass

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Too bad it has to come to this. He probably has a legitimate gripe but chooses to air it here? Maybe if it really was dragging out for 12 weeks like he suggested he was desperate. CL is pretty good at answering the phone, at least in my experience. I can't believe they couldn't work this out before now. Probably a lot more to this story. I have had very good luck with CL in my 20 or so purchases. Could I have saved a dime somewhere else? Maybe, but I know they will be there in the long run.

I recently bought a scope to take to Africa. It lasted 3 rounds before going teats us. I called Doug and he immediately had the manufacturer call me who next day aired me a new and better scope which I did take to Africa and it held up wonderfully to 458 Lott full power loads. If you want scopes talk to Doug, if you want cameras talk to Joel.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I took one look at the website and that was enough for me. Joke.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pee, have you ever done business in any way with the CL folks?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven’t bought much.

Couple years ago when the Zeiss hd5 came out, ordered a demo.

They were out of the demo so sent a new scope instead at demo price. Can’t beat that!

Not specific to this thread, but people and companies make mistakes. That’s a given. It’s how they deal with it that matters to me.

Last year PRime Ammo had a sale, there was an error in the email the made it sound like you had to buy a case +1 box to get free shipping. So i ordered 11 boxes. 10 came. Called them up late in the day. Guy answered said no problem. He didn’t ask 100 questions. Shipped it out that day.

Ordered some ammo from Ammofast.com. Mixed order of case of .223 amd two bricks of .22lr.
No .22 came, called them, played 100 questions. Finally told the lady the box that arrived wouldn’t even hold a case + 2 bricks. So i couldn’t take them out and then call for more. Something clicked on her end and “oh yeah, i see now”

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by slumlord

^^^THIS^^^

I too have never bought anything from them, so I'm also an outsider looking in.

I own a company that sells building materials that my grandfather started in 1938. We didn't get to where we are by giving poor service or ripping people off. My father always said that it takes years to build up a good reputation, but only a minute for someone tear it down. You give good service to someone and they might tell a friend or two. But if you give someone bad service, they'll tell 10 or 15 people very quick. For your reputations sake, give as much good service as you can. It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time. I've instructed my guys that when there is a problem, even if it's small, to deal with it as quick as possible and make the customer as happy as possible, then move on. Don't put it on the back burner, just get rid of it as fast as you can. However, sometimes they fall through the cracks, especially when you're dealing with hundreds of people a day and you're busy. We're all human.

Sometimes you have problems with manufacturers and your hands are tied. All you can do is hope that the info that we're receiving from them is accurate and we're not blowing smoke up their ass. We don't want to be called liars, because we're not. Schit rolls down hill. When the customer starts getting irate with us, we start applying more pressure on the supplier. Unfortunately, the actions of the supplier can reflect poorly on my reputation, which doesn't make me happy.

We have a handful of regular customers that always have a problem, complaint, or issue. When I see them come into the yard, or call on the phone, it makes me cringe because you know what's coming. However, I just bite my lip because I know their money is good and they keep coming back. We just have to handle them with kid gloves and give them extra care and hope for the best. I'm not saying that Boxer, or anyone else here, is one of these guys because I don't know you.

I think that Doug's last post says it all. Hopefully, when he has time, he'll contact some of the other unsatisfied guys on here and try to patch thing up. That's up to him though. I've been looking at spotting scopes recently and it seems as though CL has some great deals. From everything I've seen on here, Doug seems like an upstanding guy and he's trying to run the company to the best of his ability. When I do pull the trigger on the scope, I'll take my chances and will be buying it from CL.

I've had a career mainly in sales......

I've always maintained, to others I have trained in the field....

You do a customer a good turn, they will normally tell a couple of people about their good experience...

you screw a person over, or they think you screwed them over...
they'll tell everyone who will listen....that sorta best describes Stumpy....

I really think he lives to find a product he can complain about, just to have the opportunity to climb up on his stump
and have an opportunity to be the center of attention....hence why I refer to him as Stumpy... not his height of 4 ft 13 inches.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The most shocking thing to come out of this was that curdog used to manage customer service.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
This is the guy who had his son throw a Leopold scope all over the place, into trees and such. I saw it in a video here. I also saw him throw his new rifle on the ground in the stones. I have heard him complain about a scope manufacturer that was not treating him well . If this is the guy who does these things, there is more to this story than what Boxer is telling us like DennisinAZ said a few posts up. He goes and called everyone here a whining KUUNNNT and now he is a big baby crying cause something didn't go as planned. More to this story , for sure.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wrote the OP off just from the way he wrote his complaint. Sounds like a mental midget. Anyone who expresses himself like that and thinks he is doing his gripe a legitimate service is probably badly in need more than good customer service...

Oh, and for what it's worth, I've done business with CL before. I found them to be excellent folks to deal with.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 08/19/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno

Hell, why not eh?

Must be awfully lonely up there on the High Line, what with Mr 'Flave moved to Florida and all. grin

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doug and crew at Cameraland and the guys at SWFA have never been anything but the best for me. I hope it continues because they have plenty of my "investments"

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ihookem
This is the guy who had his son throw a Leopold scope all over the place, into trees and such. I saw it in a video here. I also saw him throw his new rifle on the ground in the stones. I have heard him complain about a scope manufacturer that was not treating him well . If this is the guy who does these things, there is more to this story than what Boxer is telling us like DennisinAZ said a few posts up. He goes and called everyone here a whining KUUNNNT and now he is a big baby crying cause something didn't go as planned. More to this story , for sure.

This is going to earn you a scathing retort.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Originally Posted by ihookem

This is going to earn you a scathing retort.

His scathing retorts are predictable and funny. Funny that he would even bother getting mad and replying to criticisms.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
In the last 18 years I've purchased 2 cameras, 3 different lens, 2 spotting scopes and I can't remember exactly how many rifle scopes but in excess of 5. Never have I had one problem with them. Good folks who I continue to recommend to family and friends!

Last edited by Elkhunter49; 08/19/18.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've only bought one scope from Doug and it was a seamless transaction. Guess that's not much to go on, but in my limited interractions, I've been satisfied. I'd order through them again, and I like to support those that support this site.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Doug and crew at Cameraland and the guys at SWFA have never been anything but the best for me. I hope it continues because they have plenty of my "investments"

SWFA refused to honor a factory coupon for a set of Steiners.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i have only bought 2 or 3 scopes from Doug in 13 years ,but ,it came fast and no problems

NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I am a fan of both Camera Land and Euro Optics. Great people run both and the customer service in my experience is second to none in the industry.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
All's well that ends well? Was Stick paid hush money? Threatened into silence by the NYC mafia? Out using his geovids that finally arrived, perma banned by Rick, fishing with Judman, moved to the Texas/Mexico border and too busy learning Spanish to post????
Enquiring minds want to know...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
All's well that ends well? Was Stick paid hush money? Threatened into silence by the NYC mafia? Out using his geovids that finally arrived, perma banned by Rick, fishing with Judman, moved to the Texas/Mexico border and too busy learning English to post????
Enquiring minds want to know...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My Son and I have bought quite a few items from CL.They even sent me two of one type of item so I could decide which I liked and return the other no hassle.Personally, any one who uses a public forum to call someone out. Aint much of a man.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Credit,where it is (FINALLY) due.

Goods received today and for some "reason" after a single Post,a fire got lit in CL's ass and there were some truths for a change. Multiple phone calls,with multiple folks,got nothing other than Story Time and that ain't my jam. I'm as easy as they come,but don't bullschit me...especially numerous times. Shoot Customers straight and if a glitch happens,simply fhuqking own it. Communication is cheap and go ahead and use at least SOME. Hint.

I apparently missed a call and don't/live die by my phone like most,so am Delete HAPPY. Had a PM here too,that I only saw minutes ago,because I hadn't logged in,as I've been busy chasin' schit.

SWAG included and I caught myself laffin'! Goods were well packaged and that never ain't not a good thang.

[Linked Image]

The Mafia threw in a case and it's appreciated.

[Linked Image]

The ceiling has crashed,winds are beyond Sporty,but I could still get 912yds in my socks,looking through the opened front door in this atmosphere. That SMOKES the last Leica piece of fhuqking schit Geovid I received,so there is HOPE. No fingers pointed at CL there,that was ALL fhuqling Leica.

[Linked Image]

Now we'll see if the bitches can handle some reel use. Pun be intended.

Bushie is supposed to be flingin' me a LTRSi,to replace my failed LRHSi and we'll see if that comes to fruition,given Nature's course.

Film at 11:00....peace out.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I've had nothing but great service from Doug personally, he took care of a problem that really wasn't even his fault.

If you look at the ops history this kind of thing seems to happen a bit..........Hmm.

Paul, I too, have had great service from Doug on several occasions, including a couple of times when things were on short notice, he went out of his way to make sure things got to me in time to meet my schedule. I have been thrilled with the quality of stuff they carry as well as their service. I have recommended them on many occasions.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone loves a happy frigging ending.

"Maybe we're all happy."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

squeaky wheel gets the grease.............

Cameraland rock on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
CliffNotes:

Big Stick needed something warrantied and it was.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

now.........lets talk about the monthly drawing..........

I ain't never won squat..............

whats up with that Doug ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> grin<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah, Dough be bullschittin' on that drawing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just want one of them camera land beer koozie.

"Maybe we're all happy."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

you just ain't buyin' enough schidt............

I have 6 or so...........

I bet if you PM Doug........

he'll send one.......or two...........

as long as you drink beer outta them..............

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

you just ain't buyin' enough schidt............
I have 6 or so...........
I bet if you PM Doug........
he'll send one.......or two...........
as long as you drink beer outta them..............

Truth be told I haven’t bought anything through them yet. I am debating over several scopes for the Weatherby though.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You calling the OP a greasy squeak?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
He is gonna throw all of it in a river now isn't he?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Paul, I too, have had great service from Doug on several occasions, including a couple of times when things were on short notice, he went out of his way to make sure things got to me in time to meet my schedule. I have been thrilled with the quality of stuff they carry as well as their service. I have recommended them on many occasions.

I've made several orders and received them quickly as well.

Unfortunately, I guess I might as well air my complaints as well since this thread is a perfect place (safe space?) for sniveling.

A bunch of years ago I ordered and received a nice moderately priced binocular.....solid and sturdy. It even held up to some deep sub-zero temps. Unfortunately the crappy thing bounced however. It was also a sinker. Consequently when it bounced out of the unzipped bag on my snowmachine while traversing the deep powder of an uphill slope, that piece of junk flipped out of the bag while I wasn't looking and landed in waste deep powder, undoubtedly sinking to terra firma somewhere along a 200 yard stretch. I looked, but the sneaky thing didn't even make a track. I didn't even bother to call Doug, Where can a guy get good customer service these days????

Some time later I ordered a cheaper pair of Minolta binocs for the cabin....grab and go type glass, the kind of glass you don't mind losing...which is why you never do. Well, these were no good either. Yeah, they worked just fine for awhile. My single-digit-aged boys could pick them up, use them readily, set them down somewhere, and they never got lost. But then one time we stalked a bear downhill through 3/4 miles of some of the deepest tundra tussocks one would care to negotiate on foot. Those young guys were great, but half-way back up the hill, we had to stop to rest. Those damned glasses got lazy and refused to follow when we started again.

I reckon both of those lazy, good-for-nothing binoculars are still out there somewhere, probably bitching like some of the ner-do-wells who post here.

Doug.......or somebody....really ought to up their game. Sheesh! grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Funny how that works, isn't it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Boxer
Credit,where it is (FINALLY) due.

Goods received today and for some "reason" after a single Post,a fire got lit in CL's ass and there were some truths for a change. Multiple phone calls,with multiple folks,got nothing other than Story Time and that ain't my jam. I'm as easy as they come,but don't bullschit me...especially numerous times. Shoot Customers straight and if a glitch happens,simply fhuqking own it. Communication is cheap and go ahead and use at least SOME. Hint.

I apparently missed a call and don't/live die by my phone like most,so am Delete HAPPY. Had a PM here too,that I only saw minutes ago,because I hadn't logged in,as I've been busy chasin' schit.

SWAG included and I caught myself laffin'! Goods were well packaged and that never ain't not a good thang.

[Linked Image]

The Mafia threw in a case and it's appreciated.

[Linked Image]

The ceiling has crashed,winds are beyond Sporty,but I could still get 912yds in my socks,looking through the opened front door in this atmosphere. That SMOKES the last Leica piece of fhuqking schit Geovid I received,so there is HOPE. No fingers pointed at CL there,that was ALL fhuqling Leica.

[Linked Image]

Now we'll see if the bitches can handle some reel use. Pun be intended.

Bushie is supposed to be flingin' me a LTRSi,to replace my failed LRHSi and we'll see if that comes to fruition,given Nature's course.

Film at 11:00....peace out.

Thanks for the update. I'd been curious about how it would turn out and how much 'fire (under CL and burning here) would be needed. Let us know how the product ends up performing and how the Bushie response/product factors out....as I've several of them and haven't had an obvious problem with them but just don't trust anything anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Unfortunately, I guess I might as well air my complaints as well since this thread is a perfect place (safe space?) for sniveling.

A bunch of years ago I ordered and received a nice moderately priced binocular.....solid and sturdy. It even held up to some deep sub-zero temps. Unfortunately the crappy thing bounced however. It was also a sinker. Consequently when it bounced out of the unzipped bag on my snowmachine while traversing the deep powder of an uphill slope, that piece of junk flipped out of the bag while I wasn't looking and landed in waste deep powder, undoubtedly sinking to terra firma somewhere along a 200 yard stretch. I looked, but the sneaky thing didn't even make a track. I didn't even bother to call Doug, Where can a guy get good customer service these days????

Some time later I ordered a cheaper pair of Minolta binocs for the cabin....grab and go type glass, the kind of glass you don't mind losing...which is why you never do. Well, these were no good either. Yeah, they worked just fine for awhile. My single-digit-aged boys could pick them up, use them readily, set them down somewhere, and they never got lost. But then one time we stalked a bear downhill through 3/4 miles of some of the deepest tundra tussocks one would care to negotiate on foot. Those young guys were great, but half-way back up the hill, we had to stop to rest. Those damned glasses got lazy and refused to follow when we started again.

I reckon both of those lazy, good-for-nothing binoculars are still out there somewhere, probably bitching like some of the ner-do-wells who post here.

Since you made this post we sent guys out to AK looking for those 2 binoculars and found them, so if you'd like to buy them back please let me know smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Since you made this post we sent guys out to AK looking for those 2 binoculars and found them, so if you'd like to buy them back please let me know smile

Doug, will there be a deep discount on those...........................like a negative balance on my account towards the purchase of my next item? I'm all for it and will take both if that's the case.

Otherwise................sell them to a birder to use on the refuge there on the west end of the Island.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m noticing a little favoritism for the inhabitants of Seward’s Folly...

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I bought a scope from Doug this week, he gave me a great deal, couldn't have been easier to work with and I had it in less than 3 days. Next one I buy will be from him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
I’m noticing a little favoritism for the inhabitants of Seward’s Folly...

That was interesting, I wasn't aware of that one.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I remember way back when, when Stick and a few others here were trying to cause a big stink about Doug aligning himself with this and a few other sites. They didn't want him here period. Turned out Camera Land being here worked out great and I believe even Stick fell in line and purchased from them.

That was a lot of years ago...

Phil

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I thought that was all about the fellow that fancied himself and his rifles?

Buggered if I can remember his name but he had a boof head and excelled at posing for any camera in the vicinity.

Last edited by JSTUART; 08/25/18.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I remember way back when, when Stick and a few others here were trying to cause a big stink about Doug aligning himself with this and a few other sites. They didn't want him here period. Turned out Camera Land being here worked out great and I believe even Stick fell in line and purchased from them.

Phil

What a neat story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Please charge my credit card and ship them priority..... 4350270078282520 exp 43/20 sec code 296

You guys are great! Thanks! grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Send me two of your best binoculars and scopes on the above credit card. Thanks. Overnight them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

Phil

What a neat story.

Did you ever get to FL?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Phil

What a neat story.

Did you ever get to FL?

Wrong thread.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah. We're way too busy bashing Stick here because he's wondering where his binoculars are after 3 months.

Priorities.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Phil

What a neat story.

True. Maybe Phil isn't just a liberal CUNT like I've been thinking?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Please charge my credit card and ship them priority..... 4350270078282520 exp 43/20 sec code 296

Done. Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

Done. Thanks!

Dang it. I forgot to mention: "No Smoking" ..............it all says "smokeless". grin

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Hi Doug. Is Joel in this week?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Phil

What a neat story.

What a diick smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Phil

What a neat story.

Too funny.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Hi Doug. Is Joel in this week?

Joel is in all week

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

386 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,748
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.