Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It’s winter and I’m looking for a project. I’m considering a couple.

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

2. Bergera woodsman in 308, again rebored by JES , to 358 win. Rifle is great, always felt a little chunky so not what I would grab for a long backpack hunt or anything I would take out for long range shooting out west. I used to have a 358 savage 99 but it didn’t fit me and was a punisher to shoot. Would love to have another 358 for a PA deer/bear gun that packs a punch and for something a little different than the norm.

3. Neither, it’s winter and I can’t hunt so I’m looking for something to do. Just go to the gym a few more times a week till spring arrives and I can chase turkey.

What’s your opinion?

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 02/16/19.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
HR IC

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Neither

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
.358 Win

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I am a fan of the .338-06, being on my third one, so that would be my choice. Ammo and brass are readily available these days, which makes it more enjoyable to play with. It is a good elk cartridge and would also be more than adequate for any black bear you might want to tag.

And, everyone needs a winter project. grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Neither....I’d go 35 Whelen personally.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkaddict

Yup.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkaddict

Though I am not recoil “shy” I think a stout whelen charge pushing heavies( where I think the whelen shines) would be much in my lightweight mountain rifle. I keep thinking the 338-06 would hit a sweet spot.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Long action -> 9.3x62

Short action -> 338 FED

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You already have the donors to do both. Why not do both?

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There isn't much meat in a 700 Mountain Rifle contour for reboring.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Seems your Mountain Rifle '06 barrel would end up "awfully thin" if you have it bored out to .338? I bet the Bergara has more meat in the barrel. You "could" have the Bergara bored out to the .338 Federal and have the best of both. 358"esq" performance in the woods and with the Barnes 160-185 able to go "out West" and hunt anything you would with the 338/06....just another option for you. Leave the '06 alone. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's not a single .35cal boolit worth a fhuqk. Hint.

The .338" bore sizing is flooded with Skookum bullets. Hint.

Pass the 7-08 and hold the Fluff.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've owned 338-06 and 35 Whelen in the past. Both have recoil almost identical to 300 WM and I came to the conclusion my 30-06 loaded with 200 gr and heavier bullets would do exactly the same thing. If I'm getting 300 WM recoil, then I'll shoot a 300 WM.

Every time I look at 338 Fed or 358 I come to the same conclusion that they don't do anything a 308 won't do and for the same reasons. And 30-06 beats both of them with about the same recoil.

There are very good reasons why none of those have ever become mainstream, and never will. But at the same time they will kill stuff and if you just want to be different from the masses there is nothing wrong with that either. I'm content to keep life simple. But if I were tempted to go that route again I'd go back to 338-06.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps.

Pass the .284" 180 ELD and hold the Fluff.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint..................

Hard to rebore “ down”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For the rebore Entry Fee,you are a goodly ways towards a Top End S/S spout. From there,you get to spec chamber dimensioning,along with RPM...while banking S/S all along.

Same goes a 280 build on the Twat-Six Donor and it of course benefits from VERY forgiving COAL latitude,which connects dots nicely.

Hint.................

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if you want a thumper.
9.3x62.
guys on here are getting 250 grain Accu bonds at 2600+ fps. that' very similar balistics drop of 180 grain out of 30-06 at 2700 fps..... but a lot more thump.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Adding recoil,expense and Stupidity,don't connect dots.

Hint...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

Hint..................

Hard to rebore “ down”

Pass the 250 grain Nosler Partition or Swift A-Frame in the .338/06. In the .358 a 225 Nosler Partition or Swift A-Frame. Those will beat the hell out of a "boutique" bullet any day. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I like all the Rounds Mentioned,
But a mountain Rifle in 30,06 would be just fine as is. But if there is not enough barrel for the re bore you could probably find something to ,trade for.. Its surprising what you might find a good deal on in 06. I got into a pre 64 06 for 550,00 . Some body Refinished the stock and cericoated it before i found it. That might make a great 338,06. and they are not hard to find.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 250 Skinner will outperform the works and by a vast margin. Be SURE to chime in,once you "see" your first. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your exhaulted Imainary Pretend Ignore. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
List all the animals you have killed (pics also) with the 180 ELD?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never even seen one. They sound expensive. Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your exhaulted Imainary Pretend Ignore. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
No pics of animals you killed with a 180 ELD,imagine that.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cameras are expensive. Hint.

I've never even seen one. They sound expensive. Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my being more than a touch comfy in the "odds". Hint. Congratulations?!?

You could fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,while you do your best not to schit your pants today. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Neither, If you looking for a good "thumper", just load your 06 up with 200gr. partitions... I've shot elk with the 9.3x62mm and 286gr nos partitions and there was no difference between it and the 30-06 using 200gr partitions...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I just spent a whole lot of time scrutinizing every detail between the 358, the 35 Whelen, the 338 Federal and 338-06, as I was also looking at rebarreling a gun or getting a new one... between the options you listed, I’d go for the 338-06. A good blend of power and trajectory. It seems like the short action medium bores are a bit anemic, barely outdoing the 308 Win past 300 yards or so. They do seem like they wood be fantastic black bear guns in the woods though, and if your area of PA is similar to what I hunt in WV and NC, any of those rounds would be great. Which would you see your self using more, the 338-06 or the 358?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Neither, If you looking for a good "thumper", just load your 06 up with 200gr. partitions... I've shot elk with the 9.3x62mm and 286gr nos partitions and there was no difference between it and the 30-06 using 200gr partitions...

The 7-08 with 180's,smokes the Twat-six with 200NPT's.

Hint................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JJWise
I just spent a whole lot of time scrutinizing every detail between the 358, the 35 Whelen, the 338 Federal and 338-06, as I was also looking at rebarreling a gun or getting a new one... between the options you listed, I’d go for the 338-06. A good blend of power and trajectory. It seems like the short action medium bores are a bit anemic, barely outdoing the 308 Win past 300 yards or so. They do seem like they wood be fantastic black bear guns in the woods though, and if your area of PA is similar to what I hunt in WV and NC, any of those rounds would be great. Which would you see your self using more, the 338-06 or the 358?

In this morning's atmosphere,the 250 Skinner ala 338-06,is Supersonic to the 1250yd line.

Hint...............

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If you’re just concerned with 180+ grains of bullet to normal hunting ranges, then it’s moot with regard to short/long case, and the bigger bore will be more efficient, by the numbers. Most things comparing themselves to the 358, seriously short change the 358 ballistics, just to look better. If you want more past 350-400, then there’s probably better stuff than the 338-06, but it’s probably better suited to longer ranges than the others mentioned....at least by the #s.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps,start to finish. The 35's don't need any fhuqking "help" to look like pieces of schit...simply because they are pieces of schit.

Hint....................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey Big Stink, can you hit an egg at 300 yard standing on your stubby little legs like this little girl? Go ahead, put up or shut up. You keep talking about how good you are. Pick any of your water soaked rusty rifles and have at and put your camera on timelapse and let us see how good you really are. Can out shoot a girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtasDhjpI4

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Ain't it a hoot,that the ONLY thing you can muster in the firsthand is a high-pitched Nasal Whine and plagiarism? Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's no slighting your taste in men. Hint.

Egg Rifles sound expensive...but at least you can "afford" to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

OOOOPSIE!

[Linked Image]

I'm as at ease in sandbagging my abilities,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I see the villiage idiot is back.

"Hint" shift stick....nobody gives a flying phugg about anything you have to say. Noone cares about you doing nothing but shooting rocks and throwing ugly ass guns into creek beds.

You're useless to this forum and I'd dare say largely usesless to the world.

I'd also wager your the laughing stock of whatever drilling rig you work on.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For a hunter, the 358 is serious medicine. Believe it is another round that is way underestimated.
Today's bullets have possibly made it even more effective.
Really, how many different bullets does a hunter need? It is pretty well recognized where the sweet spot of most calibers lie.
Seems to me only BS artist needs 200 different bullets..... to obscure the facts.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

Rest assured,the LAST thing I'd wanna do,is swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend away...if only because it's "all" that you "have". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you be SURE to "convince" yourself,of things you most NEED to hear and keep Whining aloud about your very WELL founded Insecurities. Mainly because it is funnier than fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING,you poor poor(literally) CLUELESS Kchunt.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fishdog52
For a hunter, the 358 is serious medicine. Believe it is another round that is way underestimated.
Really, how many different bullets does a hunter need? It is pretty well recognized where the sweet spot of most calibers lie.
Seems to me only BS artist needs 200 different bullets..... to obscure the facts.

Cite the .358" projectile(s),that enter the .338" 250gr Skinner's realm.

It will be funnier than fhuqk!

Hint................

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

Rest assured,the LAST thing I'd wanna do,is swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend away...if only because it's "all" that you "have". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you be SURE to "convince" yourself,of things you most NEED to hear and keep Whining aloud about your very WELL founded Insecurities. Mainly because it is funnier than fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!............

been able to hug ALL your kids lately?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m a 358/35 fan myself, but I tend to produce results, rather than bitch and whine on the keyboard daily..... 35 flat hurt shiit.... a 1 point Roosevelt for the lying cuunt..... haha
[Linked Image]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The less you "do" and "know"...the "better" everything is. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Curt Brace shilen barreled 88 358 win, good fiddleback from a little maple I murdered.... hint

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
As you can tell bitch lips, I don’t know a whole lot, or get out often!!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your STUPIDITY,is largely unequalled. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
OK Stinky, try to concentrate now. I'm not plagiarizing anything here, I'm simply asking a simple person, a simple question if you, with all your bravado will demonstrate that you can outshoot a girl. If all you can do is continue to do is belch your idiotic repetitive drivel then the answer is quite simple, you can't outshoot a girl.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Ain't it a hoot,that the ONLY thing you can muster in the firsthand is a high-pitched Nasal Whine and plagiarism? Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's no slighting your taste in men. Hint.

Egg Rifles sound expensive...but at least you can "afford" to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

OOOOPSIE!

[Linked Image]

I'm as at ease in sandbagging my abilities,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The lying sniveler, there’s LOTS a things I’ve done/do you can’t, or simply will never have the opportunity to do.... don’t hate the playa, hate the game... Hint

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
OH, by the way Stinky, I'll only past these when I see you shooting your mouth off. If you just behave yourself I'll leave you alone.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Judman
I’m a 358/35 fan myself, but I tend to produce results, rather than bitch and whine on the keyboard daily..... 35 flat hurt shiit.... a 1 point Roosevelt for the lying cuunt..... haha
[Linked Image]

That’s one helluva Roosie!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
OH, by the way Stinky, I'll only past these when I see you shooting your mouth off. If you just behave yourself I'll leave you alone.

Your keyboard is slurring. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. However,there is no slighting your taste in men. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

This all day ^^^^

358 is a very under rated cartridge, works great on moose. I have used Hornaday 190 grain SPBT interlocks in my 30-06 for Caribou and the old 06 works great with the correct bullet. I bought 5 box of 190's before they got discontinued. I have bought 240 grain Woodleigh's but have yet to use them..
I also have a 338-06 and a 35 Whelen and a 338 mag. They all work well.
I have too many calibers to load for now, so I have opted to limit calibers. I have chosen to stay away from the 7mm calibers. That said if I ran across a classic 7x57 I would pick it up in a heart beat. There isn't much that the 7mm's will do that the 30 calibers don't already do for me.
So, to the original poster, do both, you won't be disappointed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KnightHawk

This all day ^^^^

358 is a very under rated cartridge, works great on moose. I have used Hornaday 190 grain SPBT interlocks in my 30-06 for Caribou and the old 06 works great with the correct bullet. I bought 5 box of 190's before they got discontinued. I have bought 240 grain Woodleigh's but have yet to use them..
I also have a 338-06 and a 35 Whelen and a 338 mag. They all work well.
I have too many calibers to load for now, so I have opted to limit calibers. I have chosen to stay away from the 7mm calibers. That said if I ran across a classic 7x57 I would pick it up in a heart beat. There isn't much that the 7mm's will do that the 30 calibers don't already do for me.
So, to the original poster, do both, you won't be disappointed.

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions...rather than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions...rather than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............[/quote]

OK, got ya. Question I'd like to know when you type "Hint" is that like a facial tic? Or are you just A.D.D.?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's your Imagination,simply be SURE to Pretend with it as you must. Hint. Congratulations?!?

VERY good call to fhuqking Whine,rather than touch anything The Rifle.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Same answer different day.

You are stuck in a rut. I think the Campfire should pool some money together and hire a tutor to help with new words and maybe after a few more weeks (if you show some progress) you can actually start with big words.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunter,

It ain't like you awoke with a fresh scoop of IQ...of course it's the same,if only because your are mired in your fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Another brilliant answer from the Campfire top moron,we are so proud of you! Someday you may write something that might may sense.

You can do it! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunter,

It ain't like you awoke with a fresh scoop of IQ...of course it's the same,if only because your are mired in your fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Keep trying,they are cheering you on!
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunter,

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunter,

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,because it is ALL that you can "do". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can't think of a reason to go above 30 cal for hunting in N. America, but you only have to make yourself happy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
HINT = facial tic. Now THAT is fuggn funny. Every time I see that I can imagine his little ugly head twitch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass the 7-08/180's and hold the Fluff.

They are Supersonic to 1760yds in this moments atmosphere,defy the wind AMAZINGLY,can't be driven to failure and gotta be seen,to be believed.

Never been difficult to cypher,who shoots and who don't...................(grin)

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Was looking at Zeiss and Leupold scopes. Been tossing the idea of putting one of those on my .30 Gibbs.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

They are Supersonic to 1760yds in this moments atmosphere,defy the wind AMAZINGLY,can't be driven to failure and gotta be seen,to be believed.

Never been difficult to cypher,who shoots and who don't...................(grin)

Who gives a rats ass what a bullet is doing a mile away.

Larry if you were tall enough to see over the grass in your yard maybe you could actually go hunt instead of having to sit on a bar stool in order to see an shoot out the window sill of your singlewide.

Your above post is the very reason noboy likes you here. No one gives a [bleep] how fast a hunting bullet is traveling at 1 Mile's distance...because noone is shooting game at a mile.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

If you ACTUALLY fhuqking shot anything other than your quivering lips,Imagination and Pretend...you'd have a first clue. It's not my "fault",that you are miles away from same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a fhuqking hoot! I enjoy that your Melting Snowflake Routine,is assuredly no "act".

Pardon Reality reliably colliding with your Fantasy,as you extoll upon your very WELL founded Insecurities. PLEASE "tell" me "more". Dare ya,because you are doing fhuqking "GREAT"! Hint. laughing

Ooooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint.

LAUGHING!............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Also looking at Swarovski's.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!.............

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

If you ACTUALLY fhuqking shot anything other than your quivering lips,Imagination and Pretend...you'd have a first clue. It's not my "fault",that you are miles away from same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a fhuqking hoot! I enjoy that your Melting Snowflake Routine,is assuredly no "act".

Pardon Reality reliably colliding with your Fantasy,as you extoll upon your very WELL founded Insecurities. PLEASE "tell" me "more". Dare ya,because you are doing fhuqking "GREAT"! Hint. laughing

Ooooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint.

LAUGHING!............

Actually there gnome king of nowhere Alaska. It seems all you do is shoot film.

That and sitting at a keyboard is likely all you have .save for maybe huffin' paint with the rest of the natives

You sure as hell can't hug all your kids

Last edited by gitem_12; 02/16/19.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Who gives a rats ass what a bullet is doing a mile away.

Larry if you were tall enough to see over the grass in your yard maybe you could actually go hunt instead of having to sit on a bar stool in order to see an shoot out the window sill of your singlewide.

Your above post is the very reason noboy likes you here. No one gives a [bleep] how fast a hunting bullet is traveling at 1 Mile's distance...because noone is shooting game at a mile.

bs has never shot out to a mile,he is just blowing smoke again.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!............

That the only reply you have. Already too drunk to formulate new responses, or just burned out on Rust-Oleum?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Go to the mirror and try to "convince" yourself "how little you care",by mouthing the words to your crying self. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Go to the mirror and try to "convince" yourself "how little you care",by mouthing the words to your crying self. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

I'll just go hug all my kids....I can still do that...

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
We know you have more words in your vocabulary!

Still rooting for you!
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You two Retards bolted together,are sooooooooo fhuqking AMAZINGLY shy of a First Fhuqking Clue,that you should submit this Thread to The Guinness Book for your just "rewards". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thinking about a fixed 4x or 6x and in the variable range of 2-7x,2.5-8x,3-9x,3-10x,3.5-10x range. May stick with the lower range variables,but time will tell.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ooooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]

My god, your such a loser and waste of a good man's oxygen

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

At least now you can say you've "seen" said chamberings and boolits...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

That'll make for a VERY Big Day,for someone with your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"! Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
My gosh,a tree stump is smarter than you.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,because it is ALL that you can "do". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Same old stupid post again! Why don't you at least try and get out of the rut.

All you do is copy and paste the same old schit and post it,thinking it is the most brilliant answer in the world!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

At least now you can say you've "seen" said chamberings and boolits...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

That'll make for a VERY Big Day,for someone with your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"! Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Wtf would I care whether I've "seen such a chambering" or not. I have next to 0 interest in 22 centerfires. They are purely utilitarian to me. Nothing more nothing less.

You continue to failed to see and understand that your life is so pathetic and useless that you have nothing without this forum. Nothing.

Your entire existence is a waste. You failed at raising a family, you failed at being a dad. You're likely a failure at your job too. So you compesate for your miserable existance by trying to pass yourself off as some gun guru on an internet forum because you've got nothing in real life.
Save the same incoherent responses and dumb pictures.

Congrats..on en utterly pathetic existence.....don't drive to that bottle bottom too fast today.. you're rants of stltupor are just beginning to get comical

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

Mebbe tell yourself that you "don't care". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING sooooooo hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Wtf would I care whether I've "seen such a chambering" or not. I have next to 0 interest in 22 centerfires. They are purely utilitarian to me. Nothing more nothing less.

You continue to failed to see and understand that your life is so pathetic and useless that you have nothing without this forum. Nothing.

Your entire existence is a waste. You failed at raising a family, you failed at being a dad. You're likely a failure at your job too. So you compesate for your miserable existance by trying to pass yourself off as some gun guru on an internet forum because you've got nothing in real life.

Congrats..on en utterly pathetic existence.....don't drive to that bottle bottom too fast today.. you're rants of stltupor are just beginning to get comical

Saved...if only because I enjoy a good slur of the keyboard,surging Estrogen Levels and a heartfelt Whine of a Melting Snowflake. Hint. congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Time to check the Mail.

Film at 11:00. TRY to "convince" yourself that you don't read my every word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Again,copy and paste! If you were to come up with something new I would think Hell froze over or democrats have seen the light and quit supporting abortion.

This is getting pathetic. What is next a picture of a fish in water alongside a rifle?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Maybe I'll go surf for some suicide scene photos and we can play mix and match with big stick...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've owned 338-06 and 35 Whelen in the past. Both have recoil almost identical to 300 WM and I came to the conclusion my 30-06 loaded with 200 gr and heavier bullets would do exactly the same thing. If I'm getting 300 WM recoil, then I'll shoot a 300 WM.

Every time I look at 338 Fed or 358 I come to the same conclusion that they don't do anything a 308 won't do and for the same reasons. And 30-06 beats both of them with about the same recoil.

There are very good reasons why none of those have ever become mainstream, and never will. But at the same time they will kill stuff and if you just want to be different from the masses there is nothing wrong with that either. I'm content to keep life simple. But if I were tempted to go that route again I'd go back to 338-06.

My 35 Whelen doesn't kick too bad. I run Remington Green box in it and they're not full tilt.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Soooooo..... back to the question.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
.358 Winchester.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
You can even use the 225 grain Sierra GKBT in it. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I vote do both, you won't know what you like unless you try them. My first .358 was a Savage 99, my first .338-06 was a 03A3. I sold the .358 as the 99 didn't grow on me like i hoped it would, but I have a .358 Win barrel for a Savage when I get around to it again. I traded the .338-06 for some cool custom knivess, but i still have one built on a M70 classic. I've also had a couple Whelen rifles along the way, it's all about the adventure IMO, you can't have that adventure uless you try.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts and Physics ain't subjective...to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere.

Hint...........

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I vote do both, you won't know what you like unless you try them. My first .358 was a Savage 99, my first .338-06 was a 03A3. I sold the .358 as the 99 didn't grow on me like i hoped it would, but I have a .358 Win barrel for a Savage when I get around to it again. I traded the .338-06 for some cool custom knivess, but i still have one built on a M70 classic. I've also had a couple Whelen rifles along the way, it's all about the adventure IMO, you can't have that adventure uless you try.

Remind me never to go drinking with you

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

2. Bergera woodsman in 308, again rebored by JES , to 358 win. Rifle is great, always felt a little chunky so not what I would grab for a long backpack hunt or anything I would take out for long range shooting out west. I used to have a 358 savage 99 but it didn’t fit me and was a punisher to shoot. Would love to have another 358 for a PA deer/bear gun that packs a punch and for something a little different than the norm.

3. Neither, it’s winter and I can’t hunt so I’m looking for something to do. Just go to the gym a few more times a week till spring arrives and I can chase turkey.

What’s your opinion?

1. The mountain rifle - That is a real thin barrel, I have a couple in 280 rem, not much metal left after that barrel contour. Kick would be like shooting heavy 30-06 loads.

2. The Bergera - I would go ahead and do that to either a .358 or a .338 FED. I have both The .358 (rebore M99) is really flexible, most .35 cal bullets work well for it. The .338 Fed (rug hawkeye) works well with lighter bullets 180 and 200 bullets mainly, and does have better ballistics past 300 yards.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I have a Winchester Featherweight in 35 Whelen which was rebored from a 270 and it is a great rifle. But the Winchester Featherweights fit me to a "T". I have a 06 and a 223 also in Featherweights.
You can't go wrong with the non-magnums, 358 W, 338-06, or 35 Whelen. All good solid cartridges.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

And I must say you are very patient.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is simply fhuqking AMAZING,how reliably Clueless you Window Lickers are.

Hint.

Wow +P++!..............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It is simply fhuqking AMAZING,how reliably Clueless you Window Lickers are.

Hint.

Wow +P++!..............

You haven't gone in for the facial tic yet I see. You should seek help.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoy your dumbfhuqktitude...more than you could ever know. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

That is out of line! If you can't stand Larry hit the ignore button, bringing the fire down to that level is unacceptable!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

That is out of line! If you can't stand Larry hit the ignore button, bringing the fire down to that level is unacceptable!

Mike

Blow me.. I haven't even begun to have fun with the gnome king....just wait till we start playing mix and match with suicide scene photos...
And no, none of it was out of line and all of it is likely very true. He's a pathetic narcicist.

Last edited by gitem_12; 02/17/19.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
To get a bit off topic I built a 35 Whelen because I wanted to use the several round nose bullets available on deer, Black Bear and Elk in Washington state. The animals were completely clueless and died well bleeding greatly. I found that the standard cup and core bullets worked splendidly at 2500-2600 fps and it really didn't matter if they were pointed. The choice at the time was between the 338-06 and the 35 Whelen, I chose the latter because at the time most of the .338 bullets were designed for the 338 Win Magnum. I would make the same choice again even though there are many new bullets that work fine at 338 federal velocities. However I might be interested in building a light short actioned 358.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Wow!! Some of these threads get pretty tough to wade thru. Wear me out just trying to read the high lights.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

Mike

Blow me.. I haven't even begun to have fun with the gnome king....just wait till we start playing mix and match with suicide scene photos...
And no, none of it was out of line and all of it is likely very true. He's a pathetic narcicist.

You're a real class act! Hope that works out for you.

Wonder if your agency knows you share suicide photos???

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

Mike

You're a real class act! Hope that works out for you.

Wonder if your agency knows you share suicide photos???

Mike

You know there is a plethora of suicide photos available on Google right?.

Man...I didn't know the gnome king had sommany lined up to suck his khockkk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not defending Larry, he doesn't need my help, I'm defending the Campfire and the way you and a few others, including Larry are trashing the place up! Especially with personal attacks that you would never, ever say face to face with someone.

The Campfire

NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not defending Larry, he doesn't need my help, I'm defending the Campfire and the way you and a few others, including Larry are trashing the place up! Especially with personal attacks that you would never, ever say face to face with someone.

The Campfire

If you don't think I wouldn't say those things to someone face...you don't know me

Filters is one thing I wasn't blessed with.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gitem,
Didn't really realize it till now, but you are a genuine P.O.S.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Gitem,
Didn't really realize it till now, but you are a genuine P.O.S.

I really don't care what you think.

It never fails to amaze me how much ball licking stick gets just because he's has a rough life. And somehow that gets a pass for him to insult everyone that starts a topic.

Last edited by gitem_12; 02/17/19.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Larry started this mess with his nasty attitude and remarks.. Screw him..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.338-06 or .338 Fed would be my choice.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have the 338-06 and the 338 Federal..Had a Whelen... 338 of either or both. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I don't own a 700 Mtn rifle but the web seems to think it's a .550" OD at the muzzle, so you can likely forget .358" and above as Jess has said he doesn't want to do anything < .100" wall thickness.

Murphy was a grunt.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fremont

I don't own a 700 Mtn rifle but the web seems to think it's a .550" OD at the muzzle, so you can likely forget .358" and above as Jess has said he doesn't want to do anything < .100" wall thickness.

Talked to him yesterday and he related pretty much what you said. I will be going 338-06 on the mountain rifle if I end up using that gun as a donor. Not sure which way I want to go yet. Truth is I mostly just hunt deer and bear, elk only very occasionally. 30-06 will get it done on all 3, 338-06 just adds some extra oomph. There have been many times with a 308 I thought it was more than enough for whitetail, 358 was a hammer the times I used it. First world problems.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Have I mentioned that my choice would be the .358 Win?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had both and agree on the ordering a remage spout in 280 Rem AI with a 1 in 8 twist, or just using better bullets in your 30-06.

In my opinion, the 338-06 and 358 offer nothing over the 30-06 and 308.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets are of course,that which matters most. The 338 250gr Skinner is simply exceptional,both in it's construction and aero form. You reap a .648 BC,they are amazingly cheap for whatcha' reap,everything is twisted right to handle same and nothing else will hang with 'em. They's magbox friendly too. If a guy is building on a 700 and has a shred of sense,the 285 Hornie ELD brings an .829 BC to the table. Hint.

The 250 Skinners become a staple for more than a few,for both Mooses and Brownies,though with the .284" 180 ELD on the scene,nobody is buying/building larger bores anymore.

The 250 Skinner is a GOOD pickle boolit...as it's reliably keep a guy outta a pickle. Though such thangs only apply to the REAL Outdoors and is moot to Windo Licking Clueless Fhuqks as a whole.

Hint...............

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
"In my opinion, the 338-06 and 358 offer nothing over the 30-06 and 308."

Just another choice.

Different flavors never hurt a thing.

Anything other than a 12 gauge a .22 long rifle and a 30-06 could be argued to simply be reinventing the wheel.

Whatever floats your boat.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts and Physics ain't "subjective".

Hint.................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
A 250 grain Nosler Partition is better.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Be sURE to start a Thread,after you see your first 250gr Skinner. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Forgive my ignorance which bullet is a 250 skinner? I do t speak bullet ebonics.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Forgive my ignorance which bullet is a 250 skinner? I do t speak bullet ebonics.

They are wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "experience". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

They are wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "experience". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Seriously though I’m asking, your description of them has piqued my interest. As far as means, expansive enough to buy bullets, My abilities include the skill set of loading my own ammunition for 8 years now and since I have no experience with those bullets that is why I am asking. What is a 250 skinner, I would like to purchase some.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never even heard of 'em.

LAUGHING!............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Lapua .338 250gr HPBT Scenar

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the replies, not sure why it’s hard to type a simple coherent response for some.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bitchell,

If/when your Imagination and it's Pretend find me "mistaken",be sure to throw a flag and start a Thread...because it will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You may consider a Hurt Feelers Report and Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
bitchell,

If/when your Imagination and it's Pretend find me "mistaken",be sure to throw a flag and start a Thread...because it will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

You mention 250 skinners over and over, I didn’t know what bullet you were referring to. Asked for a simple clarification, I was given a string of words that were not related to question. Not pretending anything, it is literally written in your posts above. No offense meant or even gently applied. I have no hurt feelings, or feelings at all toward you.

Carry on

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks for the replies, not sure why it’s hard to type a simple coherent response for some.

MM

Because he's a useless inbred mongrel with no.life outside of this forum....

He has nothing, nothing but this forum that's why he had to beg, for bin to allow him to come back.

He's a failure at every facet of his life.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bitchell,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

You mention 250 skinners over and over, I didn’t know what bullet you were referring to. Asked for a simple clarification, I was given a string of words that were not related to question. Not pretending anything, it is literally written in your posts above. No offense meant or even gently applied. I have no hurt feelings, or feelings at all toward you.

Carry on

bitchell,

Since when am I "obligated" to feed your Stupidity? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You were led to water,with a Silver Platter.

Thank me later.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

The only thing you can speak to in the first hand,is being the DUMBEST fhuqk in every conversation and a Brokedick to boot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Heel Nipping CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

Laughing!..............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

The only thing you can speak to in the first hand,is being the DUMBEST fhuqk in every conversation and a Brokedick to boot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Which category do you wanna start with stick

Hangings

Self inflicted gun shots

Intentional overdose?

Or miscellaneous?

It's your choice.. keep it up and it's comjng

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

What ELSE can you "do",other than greedily read my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,while trying to "convince" yourself,that you "could too". The sole constant for you Do nothing Whining fhuqks,is that when it is all said an done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than "done". Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!..............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

What ELSE can you "do",other than greedily read my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,while trying to "convince" yourself,that you "could too". The sole constant for you Do nothing Whining fhuqks,is that when it is all said an done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than "done". Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!..............

One thing you ain't doing is hugging ALL kids you useless sack of dog schidt. Speaking of doing...who's doing your old lady now adays

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Be sURE to start a Thread,after you see your first 250gr Skinner. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............

So,how is a 250 grain Nosler Partition bad?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

So,how is a 250 grain Nosler Partition bad?

They come with a Parking Brake. Are far more Zookie,foul a bunch more and cost a bunch more.

Now you can say that you "know" too. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Same reply, over and over and over....

Remember schidt stain....that's all you got....you ain't even got originality.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

You ain't going to turn a fhuqking lick,you poor poor(literally) Whining Kchunt.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Same reply, over and over and over....

Remember schidt stain....that's all you got....you ain't even got originality.

'12,

Do not "forget" to wax eloquent upon the Sweet "Satisfactions" that are your's,in that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Pardon my occupying so much space in your head. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Melting Snowflake and PERPETUAL Victim Act,sure in the fhuqk ain't no ruse.

You "hard chargers" are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Still waiting on how the 250 grain Nosler Partition is a bad choice?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
While you're at it,can you help me figure out what a .25/06 is?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

I enjoy how STUPIDITY,is no fhuqking "act" for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now in fairness,do NOT discount that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are aklso a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot' about your "esteemed" Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Undoubtedly,your Opiate Addiction plays a role,but it do NOT diminish any of the fhuqking humor. Hint.

As to the .338" 250 NPT,if only to rewind for your VERY Special blend of Retardation:

They come with a Parking Brake. Are far more Zookie,foul a bunch more and cost a bunch more.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
elkchunt,

I enjoy how STUPIDITY,is no fhuqking "act" for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now in fairness,do NOT discount that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are aklso a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot' about your "esteemed" Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Undoubtedly,your Opiate Addiction plays a role,but it do NOT diminish any of the fhuqking humor. Hint.

As to the .338" 250 NPT,if only to rewind for your VERY Special blend of Retardation:

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Ah,I see,cause you said so. Despite your so called "reasons" I'll still use them even if they are "Zookie".

Last edited by elkhunternm; 02/18/19.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

How can a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit with Imaginary Pretend Ignore "engaged","read" my reply,let alone plagiarize it?!? Hint Congratulations?!?

Might the Opiate Drug Abuse increased your Retardation? Hint.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Nah,I like Nosler Partitions and they have not failed me.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You fail yourself...in MAGNIFICENT fhuqking fashion,by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
They work.

Prove other wise.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You fail yourself...in MAGNIFICENT fhuqking fashion,by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Prove the Nosler Partitions fail.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So for those of you that have killed game with the 338 scenars, performance was ????? Can’t argue with the ballistics and capacity for accuracy, being a bullet designed for targets not game makes me apprehensive. That’s a lot of lead though don’t imagine they will bounce off but wondering how well they open up at 338-06 velocities. Not saying they don’t work I just have no personal experience with them on game so I am asking, not compelling.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Nuzzler Partitions just "happen" to be DESIGNED,to do same,if only to your Drooling chagrin.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So for those of you that have killed game with the 338 scenars, performance was ????? Can’t argue with the ballistics and capacity for accuracy, being a bullet designed for targets not game makes me apprehensive. That’s a lot of lead though don’t imagine they will bounce off but wondering how well they open up at 338-06 velocities. Not saying they don’t work I just have no personal experience with them on game so I am asking, not compelling.

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Just give examples of Partitions failing you while hunting. Not hard to do with someone of your vast experience hunting.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

So,he asked a simple question and you cannot answer it!

What a HOOT!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

What a HOOT!

Elkchunt,

As you swill more pills,do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Not a 250 grain Nosler Partition,but 200 grain .30 cal.

How did they fail?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

What a HOOT!

Elkchunt,

As you swill more pills,do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

You're such a fan of the bullet he is asking about,answer his question. This is not rocket science.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

I'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What were the "odds",you've never even fhuqking seen one,even in your Opiate fueled Dreams? HINT.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Are you going to type a response that adds to the conversation directly related to the bullets use on game or are you going to keep “sandbagging”for no apparent reason. I would sincerely appreciate your input, not being sarcastic, as you have obviously used them.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are you going to type a response that adds to the conversation directly related to the bullets use on game or are you going to keep “sandbagging”for no apparent reason. I would sincerely appreciate your input, not being sarcastic, as you have obviously used them.

MM

Same was plainly stated and you remain at the mercy of your "abilities" and "comprehension".

Hint.

Don't be in such a hurry,to be such a STUPID Fhuqk.

Re-hint.

You've been led to water,thank me later.

Re-re-hint...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I'm sandbagging!

I'm still waiting for all your Nosler Partition failures while hunting and you show nothing.

Mitchellmoutain asks for your experience on a bullet you recommend and you do not answer.

And somehow we are the dunces.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

MM

Same was plainly stated and you remain at the mercy of your "abilities" and "comprehension".

Hint.

Re-hint.

So you never fired one at a big game animal and are talking out your azz.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

I'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What were the "odds",you've never even fhuqking seen one,even in your Opiate fueled Dreams? HINT.

Hint.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So. No you won’t . I was hoping but not at all surprised.

Carry on.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Good grief,a simple question and all I get is the run around.

I'll answer for you... I never used a Nosler Partition and Lapua on big game.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hint.

Re-hint.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Sure it was,clear as mud.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Hint.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
elkchunt,

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
elkchunt,

Hint.

Tell us about your private shooting range and family outings. LMFAO. Poor sugar tits.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Them that cain't do for themselves...simply GOTTA summons others. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the perpetual fhuqking HILARITY,of amazingly WELL founded Insecurities,which fuel Drooling Dumbfhuqks to do their BEST. At least plagiarizing is "affordable" for 'em,along with Imitation,as they "flaunt" their Imaginations and Pretend.

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Laughing!........

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I don't have any experience with the Scenars, but for the velocity range of the 358 W, 35 Whelen and the 338-06 good old cup and core or Hornaday interlocks work great. Sierra bullets work just fine also. Been killing game for decades before the "premium" bullets hit the market. Now if your above 2800 fps or into the 3000 plus range then premiums would be in order.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I don't have any experience with the Scenars, but for the velocity range of the 358 W, 35 Whelen and the 338-06 good old cup and core or Hornaday interlocks work great. Sierra bullets work just fine also. Been killing game for decades before the "premium" bullets hit the market. Now if your above 2800 fps or into the 3000 plus range then premiums would be in order.

Starting Velocity,ain't Arrival Velocity and that which factors sae the greatest in like atmosphers...is aero form. Hint.

Of course you've NEVER seen or shot a 250 Skinner,because if any of you Stupid Fhuqks had,you'd simply endorse same,due it's ability to kick the fhuqk outta everything cited.

Facts and Physics ain't subjective Ladies.

Hint.

Now you "know" that too.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I used the 250 grain Speer in my .35 Whelen and see no reason it would not work in the .358 Win.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Starting Velocity,ain't Arrival Velocity and that which factors sae the greatest in like atmosphers...is aero form. Hint.

Of course you've NEVER seen or shot a 250 Skinner,because if any of you Stupid Fhuqks had,you'd simply endorse same,due it's ability to kick the fhuqk outta everything cited.

Facts and Physics ain't subjective Ladies.

Hint.

Now you "know" that too.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Again what hunting experience do you have with 250 Lapua.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Dodging a simple question,again. Now there is a shocker.

How come you don't like me reading your posts?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

You remain at the MERCY of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...along with the Toxicology Report...you "lucky" kchunt. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
So it does piss you off that I read and respond to your posts.

THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!!!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmpf…………

Looks like Pigz Dik is back out from under the mossy rock and stroking his short little ego...……….sans lube.

Bless his heart.

Clue ??

Guffawing!...………...

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/18/19.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

Feel free to hang a Rosie of this caliber, with your beady little eyes in the pic, with any chambering.... then you can say, toldjaso...... grin naw, ain't happinin.... what were the "odds"..... Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JudLady,

The LAST thing I'd wanna do,is swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend...you "hard charger" you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Feel free to hang a Rosie of this caliber, with your beady little eyes in the pic, with any chambering.... then you can say, toldjaso...... grin naw, ain't happinin.... what were the "odds"..... Haha

Oooopsie!

Don't "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
This is the most attention you had since you wrapped those hot dogs around your neck and went to the dog show!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

You remain at the MERCY of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...along with the Toxicology Report...you "lucky" kchunt. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.