It’s winter and I’m looking for a project. I’m considering a couple.

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

2. Bergera woodsman in 308, again rebored by JES , to 358 win. Rifle is great, always felt a little chunky so not what I would grab for a long backpack hunt or anything I would take out for long range shooting out west. I used to have a 358 savage 99 but it didn’t fit me and was a punisher to shoot. Would love to have another 358 for a PA deer/bear gun that packs a punch and for something a little different than the norm.

3. Neither, it’s winter and I can’t hunt so I’m looking for something to do. Just go to the gym a few more times a week till spring arrives and I can chase turkey.

What’s your opinion?

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 02/16/19.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi