Originally Posted by KnightHawk
Originally Posted by fishdog52
For a hunter, the 358 is serious medicine. Believe it is another round that is way underestimated.
Today's bullets have possibly made it even more effective.
Really, how many different bullets does a hunter need? It is pretty well recognized where the sweet spot of most calibers lie.
Seems to me only BS artist needs 200 different bullets..... to obscure the facts.

This all day ^^^^

358 is a very under rated cartridge, works great on moose. I have used Hornaday 190 grain SPBT interlocks in my 30-06 for Caribou and the old 06 works great with the correct bullet. I bought 5 box of 190's before they got discontinued. I have bought 240 grain Woodleigh's but have yet to use them..
I also have a 338-06 and a 35 Whelen and a 338 mag. They all work well.
I have too many calibers to load for now, so I have opted to limit calibers. I have chosen to stay away from the 7mm calibers. That said if I ran across a classic 7x57 I would pick it up in a heart beat. There isn't much that the 7mm's will do that the 30 calibers don't already do for me.
So, to the original poster, do both, you won't be disappointed.

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions...rather than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."