Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Gonna hijack the hijacking on this thread, think I’m leaning hard toward the 358, I love the donor rifle but it isn’t a backpack rifle I’m hauling for long range. The 30-06 will cover anything I will be shooting anytime soon including elk( which is a big maybe) . I miss my little woods thumper, just seeing pics of those big round nose bullets get me all sentimental for the times I carried my old 99. For woods ranges a 225 or 250 round nose will handle deer or bear with authority. The 338-06 is tempting but for my intended purposes, meh. Did I mention I have a 6.5x284 for the longer stuff?

I had often wondered if Howaby offered a Vanguard Compact in .358 Win, how long it'd take me to get to the LGS and have me one ?? A 6# , 20" package would be right handy for most jobs that needed doin, on whatever, to most reasonable distances. And backpack, back pocket capable.

It'd be a hard recoiling piece of unbalanced piece of fhuqking schit...if only for starters and an EASY pass for everyone with 13 IQ Points or more.

Hint.................

It's OK, Pigz Dik.

MY momma didn't raise no puzzies. If a 6# .358 Win rustles your leaves, put the seat down and have tinkle time.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.