Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
What I mean is, do you see any white people at all there??? What are the conditions there?

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The you want to know conditions on the ENTIRE second largest continent? Perhaps refine your search a bit?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
No hanco just wanted to know if they were all here visiting to get free sh*t. ? Lol mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by cv540
The you want to know conditions on the ENTIRE second largest continent? Perhaps refine your search a bit?

What is it like where you have been? I’ve been to Mexico. It’s pretty bad if you get away from the cities.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by cv540

What is it like where you have been? I’ve been to Mexico. It’s pretty bad if you get away from the cities.

You mean, because there's Mexicans there?

IC B2

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Meskins can’t swim, ain’t none over there.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

You were talking about Mexico being bad, and I asked why.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Been to Zimbabwe once and South Africa twice, about 7-9 years ago. Saw lots of white people in the cities, like Johannesburg, and Bulawayo. But in countryside, in smaller villages, by far its mostly black. Didn’t play real close attention to ratio of colors as we were on safari and had more important matters.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a niece that was married to a Marxist dirt bag that dragged her to Zimbabwe so he could work with an NGO to "better" the natives.
If they were dealing with the natives one-on-one, or in small groups, they were tolerated. If they were out in crowds in public, at a government services office, market, etc., they were ignored or treated as not welcome. The blacks thought nothing of cutting in front of them in waiting lines as if they weren't there. My niece got tired of the treatment and came home. The Marxist wanted to stay in Africa so they divorced.
Other than Birdie's stories that I've read here, that's all I know of someone white choosing to live in Africa.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's plenty of white folks in South Africa and Namibia. There's also obvious tension and divisions between them and the blacks, but I never felt in danger or threatened at all.
I've also been to Egypt and there were a fair number of white folks there. Niger.......not so much.

One PH (who I did not hunt with) in South Africa was black. He seemed to be a pretty good dude, but was not invited to the dinner table in the evenings because supposedly that would then require the outfitter to allow all the black workers to come to dinner (they obviously don't see separation by status or position, like Americans generally do). I wouldn't have had any issue with them all at the dinner table, but it was obvious that the outfitter did. We were also SPECIFICALLY told not to tip the trackers or skinners (who were all black) because they had a habit of not showing up to do their work for a few days if they happened into some extra money. Instead, the outfitter collected all the tips for them and distributed it to them all at the end of the season. A guy can draw his own conclusion from that, I guess.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Stay the hell out of the townships in SA! They were rioting and had the main highway shut down outside of Plettenberg Bay when we were there in 2019. Other than that haven’t had any issues in four trips but we did hire a private driver for both of our Garden Route trips.

Last edited by CRJ1960; 11/18/20.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't know about now, but January 22nd, 1879 British General Chelmsford thought there were plenty of blacks, more than enough. 1300 British soldiers killed that day at the point of a spear.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there is Africa, and then there is AFRICA!

RSA, Namibia, and Even Zim has Whites. You can find White faces in Tanz and Kenya. That is Africa.

I've hunted Cameroon twice. That is AFRICA! Not many White faces to be seen anywhere.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
...Zimbabwe white population is 4% of total (30,000) SA white population is 8.9% of total (4,586,838) (2012 numbers)

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Are there lots of black people in Africa?

Duh, it is Africa of course there are lots of blacks

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are there a lot of Asians in Asia? grin

Are there a lot of Bolivians in Bolivia?

Are there a lot of idiots in the progessive movement?

Some questions answer themselves.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Namibia has a population of only 2.6 million people, 6% of whom are white. Its biggest challenge is AIDS- 12% of the natives are infected. The tribes I’m familiar with, the Himba and the Damara are barely out of the Stone Age. They live in huts made of sticks and mud with no plumbing or electricity. The natives who work on my PH’s ranch live like kings-,he supplies them with houses made of cinder blocks, a salary, and all their meat from game animals we shoot. Even the natives who live in stick huts have cell phones.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
One of the reasons for the number of cell phones in much of Africa (and other countries) is a lack of infrastructure such as power/phone lines strung for hundreds of miles on poles. Cell towers don't need lines, and only have to be within many miles of each other--not strung across the country.

Have seen Masai herders whip their cell phone from underneath their "toga," and also seen phone service improve enormously in rural Mexico since first visiting there 50 years ago. Same sort of deal with supposedly more civilized countries such as Norway, where stringing lines across the fjord country (some of the most rugged on earth) would be extremely expensive.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
One of the reasons for the number of cell phones in much of Africa (and other countries) is a lack of infrastructure such as power/phone lines strung for hundreds of miles on poles. Cell towers don't need lines, and only have to be within many miles of each other--not strung across the country.

Have seen Masai herders whip their cell phone from underneath their "toga," and also seen phone service improve enormously in rural Mexico since first visiting there 50 years ago. Same sort of deal with supposedly more civilized countries such as Norway, where stringing lines across the fjord country (some of the most rugged on earth) would be extremely expensive.

To expand on this theme, countrywide mass communiction was inpossible before cellualr service. the government of ALL of these subsaharan African nations strung telephone lines from one end of the their coutnry to the othe only to have the bush Africans steal the wire to make snares and other uses. No wire, not telephone. Cellular cahnged it. I had cell service in the Luangwa Valley two years ago. Unbelievable.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Are there a lot of rump rangers in San francisco?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What I mean is, do you see any white people at all there??? What are the conditions there?

It is where they make them.

Not if they have any sense.

Shithole.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think they must have all migrated to Kenosha, Wisconsin.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
DA thread

Making black powder smoke is a great thing..
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Is the original post a joke or is the original poster that stupid??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are 54 countries in Africa so you have to refine your question. A lot of northen african countries are arabic, as in middle eastern, not black so to speak and are generally more prosperous than the rest of the continent.

The rest is mostly black, there are often some white folks in the other countries. Usually very small amounts of business people, UN, or missionaries. South Africa the country, has quite a lot of whites. A lot of sub-saharan africa has poor living conditions. Life expectancies in some nations as low as 46 years. Africa also has the worst epidemics and disease, also a very high parasite load, partly due to their proximity to stock and herd animals.

I worked in several countries on the continent. A lot seemed to be laid out the same way. A couple big cities with semi-modern CBD or airport, the richer suburbs where all the business people lived, then surrounded by the older city( which looks like pictures of highrise from the 60's and 70's, you know the tiny windows in concrete look, which is when they were built), then outside the city rings of ever-decreasing standard slums. The first are brick slums, then wooden, then cardboard/tarpolin. Population density in the slums can reach hundreds of thousands a square mile, no plumbing, or power, familes in the poorer areas walk to water points, sewerage pits or huts. Very little penetration from outside, including the police, some are almost self governing entities.

You then often have poorly kept roads eminating to every corner of the country through shanty towns or tin cities. In between these smaller villages living to different levels of traditional or subsistence lifestyles. Wash , rinse, repeat for almost 40 countries. There are some exceptions but that is the african template. In Afghanistan despite the the war I felt people had some sort of structure and industry. Africa to me felt like it didnt know what its direction was.1.5 billion people on that continent now, 10x increase since WW2.

The peoples of Africa can be vastly different, even in the one country. Country borders were largely drawn by the old colonial powers. There can be dozens of ethnic groups in a single country, and the same ethnic group split across several countries where borders converge. The levels of peace in a country often depend how well they get on together. Some countries are very aggresive to travellers, a lot of no-go zones. But you find the same in any 3rd world country. Some peoples are quite welcoming. I enjoyed working in Ghana, despite being part of west africa, one of the roughest neighbourhoods. They were a former British colony, hadnt had a revolution in decades and despite government corruption the average person has respect for the rule of law. Saw quite a few mormon missionaries in Accra and Asamankasee two of the cites there.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, there used to be enough of them to make Tarzan movies...

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

How are they charging those devices ?

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
When we hunted south Africa we saw lots of black folks. Not quite as many as you see in southeastern Arkansas, but a lot.

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nathan13

Often its communal power sources. Local guy with a kiosk, market stall, business with a generator or when you travel every few days to the town store you can plug in there. You have to pay for how long your phone is plugged in though. Its a good business fleecing people for phone charging. Everything in Africa absorbs money, because there is so little of it.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
One thing that impressed me was that the Africans are BLACK, not various shades of brown as in the USA.

Also I think their metabolism is slower. When hunting in the bush, I would wear shorts, a short sleeve shirt, and a light jacket. About 9:00 AM I would take the jacket off. The Africans would wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt but coveralls over that. Early on they would wear gloves and balaclavas. I never saw them sweat. Their eyesight was excellent. I stopped bothering with binoculars because they could see the game better naked-eye than I could with binoculars.

As to how many, there are curently about 1,000,000,000 blacks in sub-Saharan Africa. There are projected to be 3,000,000,000 by the end of this century. That will be the end of African hunting.

Many of the whites are leaving southern Africa. The USA won't let them in but they go to Australia and Canada. Someone posted that Zimbabwe had 30,000 whites. That's sad. There were 250,000 a few years ago.

Slavery and superstition abound in the bush. In 2011 you could buy a young woman--permanently--for five cows. I was told that 40% of the population of South Africa was HIV positive. They don't believe what causes it, but think it's a white man's plot. (Very few white people get it, you see.) I don't think Zimbabwe has statistics of any kind.

The government consists of a few rich blacks who treat everyone like garbage. We came across a game ranger post where the staff had to dig holes in the river bed, like the elephants, to bathe because their pump went out and the ministry wouldn't buy them a new one. Our game scout--hired by the local tribal council to see that we didn't cheat on trophy fees, hadn't been paid in three months.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by 158XTP

Often its communal power sources. Local guy with a kiosk, market stall, business with a generator or when you travel every few days to the town store you can plug in there. You have to pay for how long your phone is plugged in though. Its a good business fleecing people for phone charging. Everything in Africa absorbs money, because there is so little of it.

Originally Posted by 158XTP

Solar panels in the remote villages, connected to a 12v hub with USB outlets is the usual method.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Touche

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
The myopic ones didnt live long. whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 3040Krag
When we hunted south Africa we saw lots of black folks. Not quite as many as you see in southeastern Arkansas, but a lot.

Hahaha. Or Atlanta. A testament to the curse of welfare.

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
when i was a lineman in Minnesota we had a run down area that had electric lines to it and thru that area, we never went near that area at night much ,the older linemen called it little Africa because of all the dark people that lived there.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What a stupid topic. Of course there are Black people in Africa, if you go there you may actually develop an admiration for their resilience, fortitude , and skills.. If you are way out in the bush they could even save your life. Simple things like warning you about an elephant in must or a cobra in the brush.

Consider that all of us descended from the same early hominids from Africa and that we are all related.

Given this I was uneasy in some townships where nobody was around and there where smouldering piles of burning tires. In general I feel far safer in Africa than I do in many places in the USA.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was probably the last white missionary in Soweto right before Mandela was elected in 94. I would drive 30 miles across Soweto and then drive around the township all day and never saw another white person in there over about 3 months. Most people were really nice and friendly and kids followed me around in packs at times.

There were areas in the townships that were rougher than others. Most of the time no problems. Sometimes riots, the black smoke of necklacings, and automatic gunfire. I think I was only shot at 3 times. I was young and just thought it was all an adventure.

South African whites including the military could not believe I would drive into soweto every morning. The always tried to stop me before I went in and thought I was lost or something. I wish I had kept a better journal because I could write a pretty good book. It was an interesting time to be a white guy in a township.

When I was back in 2008 they were having the xenophobic riots and general crime seemed much worse than pre-mandela. I found myself in a few tense situations as I spent most of a month driving around by myself. I had a huge sense of relief that I could physically feel as my plane departed. I didn't realize the level of underlying stress until then.

Bb

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBoston
What a stupid topic. Of course there are Black people in Africa, if you go there you may actually develop an admiration for their resilience, fortitude , and skills.. If you are way out in the bush they could even save your life. Simple things like warning you about an elephant in must or a cobra in the brush.

Consider that all of us descended from the same early hominids from Africa and that we are all related.

Given this I was uneasy in some townships where nobody was around and there where smouldering piles of burning tires. In general I feel far safer in Africa than I do in many places in the USA.

Oh ph ucking boy, where this retard come from.. "I feel safer in Africa" ph ucking retard

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh ph ucking boy, where this retard come from.. "I feel safer in Africa" ph ucking retard

Don’t think his post was the retarded one. It’s always useful to look in the mirror before making dumb and sweeping assertions. There’s sh1t everywhere.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I was in Brazzaville, Congo for 15 months back in 1982-83.

Outside of the diplomatic community there were very few whites. In fact I never saw a single one.

In my experience, the Congolese people were very friendly toward Americans. Toward the Russians....not so much.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No. They all live in Macon now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Africa has been nearly exhausted of black people.
They were all exported to the first world to star in advertisements.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for your service MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S

If so there are one way tickets available.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortleade

Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Yep, all you see nowadays

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

And play in the NBA.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
L
Don't worry, I understand there is one country slowly taking over Africa.

Lot of important specific materials available one place or another there as I understand it.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Africans are so backward and lazy that a lot of black women are eaten by crocodiles, when they could be saved by spending a bit of effort, but it’s to much trouble.

[Linked Image from ]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
One thing that impressed me was that the Africans are BLACK, not various shades of brown as in the USA.

The average black person in the U.S. has 20% caucasian DNA, the remnants of female slaves being seen as after hours entertainment by plantation owners and their overseers.

During the rise of the black nationalist movements of the 60's and 70's there were some of them that traveled to africa to "reconnect" with the homeland. They quickly found out they weren't welcomed the way they thought they would be as returning sons. Africans didn't view them as real blacks, to them they were a bunch of half breeds to be looked down upon.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Africans are so backward and lazy that a lot of black women are eaten by crocodiles, when they could be saved by spending a bit of effort, but it’s to much trouble.

Just curious, have you been to Africa?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jdollar

Probably not, but he reads Capstick.

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/20/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
... In general I feel far safer in Africa than I do in many places in the USA.

You mean places in the USA where there are a lot of Africans....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was wondering if there were any blacks left in Africa too. The impression I get from watching TV is that 75% of the US is Black.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No, but I have read enough to know what I’m talking about.

It’s a fact that many African women are killed by crocodiles when getting water.

It’s also a fact that it would be easy to set up a water supply were women won’t be eaten by crocodiles.

It’s only laziness and lack of caring that allows these senseless deaths to continue.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A different kind of folks, from a different mold.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

And play in the NBA.

They've cornered the discount sidewalk pussy market as well.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

The average black person in the U.S. has 20% caucasian DNA, the remnants of female slaves being seen as after hours entertainment by plantation owners and their overseers.

During the rise of the black nationalist movements of the 60's and 70's there were some of them that traveled to africa to "reconnect" with the homeland. They quickly found out they weren't welcomed the way they thought they would be as returning sons. Africans didn't view them as real blacks, to them they were a bunch of half breeds to be looked down upon.

n high school, I was captain of our soccer team, learning to play in Europe in my youth....
we had African exchange students in my high school, which had a pretty large student body, (3500) outside of Wash DC, in Northern VA.
being team captain, a lot of the Africa students, would want to befriend me, and felt they could ask me questions about the USA that
they really didn't understand..... most of those questions were about American blacks.... the African students didn't understand them, and usually didn't like them.. they thought of them as lazy, expecting everything for free which was foreign to them....

the most common question was about "why do American blacks call me Brother?".... they are not my brother, nor do they know me...
plus they wanted to know why American blacks were so light skinned?

if you have ever read about when Jesse Jackson went to South Africa, he was basically ran out of the country.... he 'delegation' had expected all of their hotel bills, and all the charges they ran up were all free since they were American blacks....he was kicked out of the country and told not to come back....read that in a book I read about Jackson a while ago... thought it was both funny and typical...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You haven't seen racism till you've seen black on black tribal African stuff.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GeoW
A different kind of folks, from a different mold.

Who should have been left where they were and left alone - everyone, including them, would have been better off.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by shortleade

Lol.

Maconga. Grew up in rural South where poor folks of all shades got along. Urban Georgia blacks are something else.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

It’s a fact that many African women are killed by crocodiles when getting water.

It’s also a fact that it would be easy to set up a water supply were women won’t be eaten by crocodiles.

It’s only laziness and lack of caring that allows these senseless deaths to continue.

I’ve stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but it doesn’t make me an expert on things I have no direct knowledge of. Yes a lot of Africans are killed by crocodiles. So please explain how it is easy to set up a water source in a village 2 miles from a river or lake. Since there is never government money to drill boreholes, villagers HAVE to go to rivers for water or have their village built on the riverbanks. It has nothing to do with laziness. I’ve hunted crocs twice in Mozambique and once in Zim. Trust me, if it was easy to access water away from a river or lake, the locals would do it in a heartbeat, as a lot of the croc victims are children. Your response is simply racist stupidity.......

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just ask'n, but why don't they build their village close to where there is water?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
That’s exactly what they do and exactly why so many are taken by crocs. The poster essentially stated that they were too lazy to develop a way to get water away from rivers and lakes. That is simply impossible and shows a lack of knowledge of on the ground, real world experience.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

Actually that's not the reason. There is a belief that crocodiles that attack people are sort of reptilian were-wolves. Witch doctors transform themselves into crocs to get even with people who have harmed them. Now if I have never offended a witch doctor, the were-croc would not want to get me, right? If the croc gets me after all, why then everyone knows I was lying about not harming the witch doctor.

BTW: "spirit medium" is a better translation than "witch doctor."

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Black people in Africa?

Really?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Not sure......never been there.

But, I'd give it a "definite maybe".....

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think most of the people there are foreigners.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

Actually that's not the reason. There is a belief that crocodiles that attack people are sort of reptilian were-wolves. Witch doctors transform themselves into crocs to get even with people who have harmed them. Now if I have never offended a witch doctor, the were-croc would not want to get me, right? If the croc gets me after all, why then everyone knows I was lying about not harming the witch doctor.

BTW: "spirit medium" is a better translation than "witch doctor."

And if you think that such beliefs are ignorant and primitive, just think about all the people in the US who believe in horoscopes and astrology.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was in Cameroon in 1998 and there were black people there, oh my oh my. In fact, I ran into people who had never seen a white guy or anyone who was as old as I was then. Cameroon has over 230 languages. If they can make it to school the government teaches them French in most of the the country, except the north where they are taught English. But schooling is way out of the money income level for most. Surprisingly they stay black even after they learn English or French.

The tribe I was most associated with was the Bya (or Bia?) tribe their land borders the Central Africa Republic. Their language had a little over 500 words in it. Most of the Bya people could speak at least one other local language.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I spent 2008 in Tanzania, and I wasn't in a touristy area. There were still plenty of white people around. Missionaries, random people who'd moved there to live cheaply, and also tourists who wanted to get off the beaten path. If you went to one of the national parks or close to Mt Kilimanjaro, you saw tons of white people. Tanzania is full of beautiful places that are not full of tourists, though, and if you ever visit it is worth getting off the beaten path and finding the out-of-the-way areas. Lots of hospitable, kind, resourceful people.

In 2010 I was in Burkina Faso. Outside of the capital city you did not find hardly any white people. It's not the kind of place I'd visit as a tourist - there's just not much to see there. The interesting thing was that Burkina Faso had a reputation for being a safe place with less corruption than other African countries. I was never pressured for a bribe. It was said that a white woman could walk alone through the streets of the capital and be safe.

Unfortunately things have changed and there is now an active Islamic terrorist movement in many parts of the country. I still believe that the people there are for the most part very good and honest - I would trust a used car salesman in Burkina Faso 10 times more than one here in the US!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

I’ve stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but it doesn’t make me an expert on things I have no direct knowledge of. Yes a lot of Africans are killed by crocodiles. So please explain how it is easy to set up a water source in a village 2 miles from a river or lake. Since there is never government money to drill boreholes, villagers HAVE to go to rivers for water or have their village built on the riverbanks. It has nothing to do with laziness. I’ve hunted crocs twice in Mozambique and once in Zim. Trust me, if it was easy to access water away from a river or lake, the locals would do it in a heartbeat, as a lot of the croc victims are children. Your response is simply racist stupidity.......

So, let’s say it was 1817 at an isolated settlement somewhere in the US south and instead of crocodiles it was a river full of alligators that would take the occasional woman who went down to the river to wash clothes. No government help anywhere to be had. So, how long do you think it would have taken for them to dig a well away from the river by hand and/or exterminate every single alligator within ten miles of that settlement?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

What does going to Africa have to do with ugly women and blind crocodiles? Have you seen those women? Most of the men didn’t miss the wife as much as they did the water they usually brought home.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
No surprise, I guess, that stupidity and racism is alive and well here, especially from those who have no firsthand knowledge of the actual, on- the ground situation. For example, are you going to dig a well by hand if the water table is 200’ down? Are you going to kill every croc within 10 miles from a dugout canoe with a spear- hint, firearms are illegal for villagers in most countries. Simple first world solutions don’t work in third world countries. And the stupid blind croc/ ugly women just proves my point.....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No surprise, I guess, that stupidity and racism is alive and well here, especially from those who have no firsthand knowledge of the actual, on- the ground situation. For example, are you going to dig a well by hand if the water table is 200’ down? Are you going to kill every croc within 10 miles from a dugout canoe with a spear- hint, firearms are illegal for villagers in most countries. Simple first world solutions don’t work in third world countries. And the stupid blind croc/ ugly women just proves my point.....

So you have been here 4 years and are still thinking you will find facts on the Campfire?

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Certainly not from you......

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Certainly not from you......

You are delusional if you think this site is full of facts. You won’t be able to name one member that tells the truth most of the time.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It has zero to do with facts. It has everything to do with racism as espoused by you and others. Of course, now you will tell me you were just kidding, right??

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It has zero to do with facts. It has everything to do with racism as espoused by you and others. Of course, now you will tell me you were just kidding, right??

Wow, you must have been a handful on the playground during recess.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Can’t recall since it’s been 65 years since I was on the playground.. are you going to backtrack on your ugly women/blind croc idiocy?? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO AFRICA? Stupid is as stupid does....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Frontier America in 1817 was “first world”? Chicken wire and fence posts illegal too?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Racism?

I'll tell you how I'm going to get a 225' well. I'm going to hire Merle to do it, because he has the equipment. I can do that because I live in the First World, where white people live. You know, those white people who make precision heavy equipment, so that they can have water without having to go to the river. Is the reason black people don't just call Umbugwe in the next village to come and sink a well racism? Or is it that Sub-Saharan Africans are fuucking dumb compared to whites, and they wouldn't know how to run or even maintain the equipment if it was given to them, and then demonstrated repeatedly? Is it racist to even suggest such things? NO. It's called realism. It's called having an understanding of facts, history, biology, and basic intelligence.

Fuuck off with your racism bullshit. There was not a single building more than one story tall in Africa until white people showed up and built it.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I rest my case. Racism is alive and well here. Rural Africans don’t have electricity much less the money to hire a well driller. Even if they did, how will they power it? It takes more money they don’t have to pay for solar panels for power. Then, of course, who pays for replacing things when elephants destroy them. Stupid comments from stupid people with NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF REAL WORLD CONDITIONS......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I rest my case. Racism is alive and well here. Rural Africans don’t have electricity much less the money to hire a well driller. Even if they did, how will they power it? It takes more money they don’t have to pay for solar panels for power. Then, of course, who pays for replacing things when elephants destroy them. Stupid comments from stupid people with NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF REAL WORLD CONDITIONS......

Ah, I see the problem...we didn't realise you were referencing Wakanda.

Our mistake.

added, and before you raise your virtue signalling to a new level it may interest you to know I have a touch of the tar-brush, so you may feel free to stick your touchy-feely lefty crap up your arse.

Last edited by JSTUART; 01/22/21.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Lefty crap? That’s strange, I voted for Trump twice. And I have no idea where Wakanda is......

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Spent some years in sub Saharan Africa for work. Got to know some funny, clever, intelligent people. Plenty of dumb folks as well. Just like over here...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Pretty much the same as everywhere.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
There was not a single building more than one story tall in Africa until white people showed up and built it.

Umm... The Nubian and Egyptian pyramids? Abu Simbel? The Temple of Yeha? Great Zimbabwe?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems logical to dig a small side channel and construct a protected sump you could draw water from, keep the sharp teeth at a distance.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
In 1817 in rural southern US, white men had guns and tools like shovels to dig a well near their house for fresh water. Usually they built a roof with a rope to lower someone down to dig and use a bucket with a hand crank to bring up the dirt and dump it. Lower down the bucket again until they had enough water to draw up buckets with water. I've seen this done in the 1970's at a church by members of the church one dry summer to get the well deeper. They used a little guy in the well with a rope in case of cave in. Once they got a few feet of water, they let the dirty water settle a few days before drawing water. White men had sense to dig wells for settlers near their homes or even in a fort if the settlers had to retreat to a fort in case of Indian attacks. Wells were dug for centuries by white men.

Egyptian culture was white middle eastern men. The further away from the middle east, India, or China man was, the more primitive he was, until civilization spread. However, the American Indians developed the Aztec, Maya, and Inca cultures with stone cities like early civilized man did. The sub-Saharan Africans never developed large stone cities, the wheel, but they did learn to smelt iron for weapons. Africa is a large plateau with waterfalls on the rivers near coastal areas. Thus civilized man couldn't go too far inland without dense jungles, or hostile natives attacking, malaria, and large dangerous animals. It wasn't until the 1800's that civilized men ventured inland from the coasts.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You might want to research the Great Zimbabwe ruins. It was a stone city housing between 10,000 to 18,000 people, built between 1100 and 1500 and made entirely of stone blocks expertly positioned without mortar. It was the largest in Southern Africa but there were several other smaller stone cities from this era. They contained artifacts showing the people there traded with both China and Arabia. It was first seen by white men( Portuguese) in about 1530.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Am I the only one that cracks up every time you read the thread title?

“Are there lots of black people in Africa?“ 😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I’m with you. Some really ignorant people have posted on this thread. “It is better to close your mouth and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V

Of course their are white people in Africa. We whites love travelling to every part of the world including Africa.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F

Are there a lot of whites in Europe?

Arise America...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by undisputedshotz

Are there a lot of whites in Europe?

Not so easy to answer with confidence nowadays.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
You might want to research the Great Zimbabwe ruins. It was a stone city housing between 10,000 to 18,000 people, built between 1100 and 1500 and made entirely of stone blocks expertly positioned without mortar. It was the largest in Southern Africa but there were several other smaller stone cities from this era. They contained artifacts showing the people there traded with both China and Arabia. It was first seen by white men( Portuguese) in about 1530.

This is true. However, Geat Zimbabwe was as nothing compared with the ancient structures in Europe. Consider the Roman Empire with temples and buildings still standing, aquaducts still in use, and paved roads leading throughout the empire. And the Romans knew how to make concrete and glass. Also, Rome wasn't abandoned. One reason we know so little about Gret Zimbabwe is that Africans didn't know how to read and write.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The post I referred to was by Dixie Dude. He stated that no stone structures existed south of the Sahara and that white people didn’t penetrate the interior of the region until the mid 1800’s. That is simply not true in either instance. The Great Zimbabwe ruins certainly don’t rival Ancient Rome , Greece, or anywhere in the Middle East. But they exist. And Dutch settlers landed in South Africa and moved inland in the 1600’s as did the Portuguese in Mozambique.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,179
Posts18,503,250
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.