Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hey folks,

Just wanted to put in yet another plug for the old 250 Savage. Other forum members love it, and based on their reports I built my first in 2015 using a Savage Axis Stainless receiver as the platform and a 22.8” / 1-10 twist stainless sporter barrel that I ordered from ER Shaw. While I’ve built multiple rifles using the Axis as the platform—17 Remington, 222 Rem, 1-9 twist 22-250, 243 Win, 7mm-08, 25-06—the 250 Sav stands out for low blast and recoil, with a wider range of game applications than the rest. It has been particularly gratifying to update this classic with full pressure loads appropriate to a modern bolt action, using some of the latest powders (CFE223, Leverevolution, Reloader 16, IMR 7828 SSC, and now StaBall 6.5). 90 grain bullets at 3250 - 3300 FPS, 100 gr at 3000-3100, and 117-120 at 2800 to 2900 are all readily achievable loads in a modern bolt gun.

I’m glad to share load data with anyone who wants it. I’m looking forward to the arrival of my new 20” stainless barrel from Shaw, in order to build a handier woods version of the first one from 2015. These days I ask myself regularly, why in the world did I wait so long to discover this gem from the past? Why all the rage for the 6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm ARC, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, etc, when we’ve had the 250 Savage all along? I know, each has his favorites, but for my purposes, the 250 could replace all the rest. It really is an overlooked masterpiece of cartridge design. And so easy to load for!

Good afternoon to all, and thanks to all of you who influenced me to resurrect this little wonder.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knock yourself out. For the rest of us, now is a bad time to start futzing around with a new cartridge.

I often compare TOP Grendel loads with original .250 ones, and they don’t fare too badly. Just noticed yesterday that the .250 looks like one that does well with Sta Ball, in the book anyway, along with the 6CM, 7-08, and .270. Picked up a few jugs just before the Biden crunch.

Welcome aboard.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
i think one of the guys here has a custom Stevens M200 in 250-3000

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 250 Salvage can't begin to hang with a 243 Grendel or 6BR,especially a Salvage receiver wearing a 1-10" Shaw piece of fhuqking schit spout. Hint.

I've yet to encounter a chambering that was "difficult" to load for and I shoot a bunch more,than a bunch of chamberings. Hint.

Pass the 224 Speedmire and 90 Beer Cans,if/when talking 250 Salvage hulls. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The 22 PPC AFI slaps the 250 Salvage silly,with less powder,blast and recoil. Likely a 1-7" Bart' at 21",on the newest boltgun...but I have multiple in 20-22" Krunchentickers from 1-8" to 6.5" too. Hint.

I enjoyed your Delusions and thanks for the fhuqking laughs!

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Very glad to be of service!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STUPIDITY ain't a fhuqking "service",but rather a plight and them differences are stark. Hint.

I enjoy you doing your best and the HILARIOUS magnitude of that attempt. Hint.

Slow down,get a grip and try again...instead of pissing up soooo many ropes. Hint.

Give BC a thunk,if only because you botched it all. Hint.

A 18" 270 squirting 105's slams ALL of your doors shut. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I, too, have a Savage Axis with an E.R. Shaw barrel. I bought the barrel on sale from MidwayUSA. To make the ammo feed properly, I had to buy a 22-250 magazine. The 24" Shaw barrel is very accurate. I am able to match the velocities you quote above for the most part, but I don't know about 117 grain bullets at 2,800-2,900 fps. Enjoy this classic old chambering.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Bought my first 250 Savage, a Ruger 77RL in 1983 after reading a lot about it. Then reamed to Ack Imp and had more fun with it. Bought a few more in Ruger 77’s and even a Ruger No.1A. Now I’m down to three, a Shilen barrel Ack Imp 77 Mark II, and two 77R rifles for my two sons. I think I’ve owned about every 25 caliber cartridge made at one time or another, but the 250 Savage doesn’t go away.
I’ve said many times a manufacturer should have produce a 25/08 or 258, just use the 243/308 case for a basis.

Last edited by Alaninga; 07/30/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wouldn't fiddle with the .250 Sav much. Boring gun.

Guess which one is the fouler shot out of 10 if you can.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image]Security done caught the little feller...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a Shaw barrel with my old Tang Safe M77 in shipment right now, the old barrel had plenty of use and just got too finicky. I also have a M99R .250-3000 and the two rifles have made it plain over the years that it's a fine deer hunting cartridge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MSRifleman
Very glad to be of service!

Are you in MS, and if so, what part? Don't pay any attention to the "Big Stik." If anyone doubts that lead in paint can mess you up, he is proof positive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]..

The usual.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
I, too, have a Savage Axis with an E.R. Shaw barrel. I bought the barrel on sale from MidwayUSA. To make the ammo feed properly, I had to buy a 22-250 magazine. The 24" Shaw barrel is very accurate. I am able to match the velocities you quote above for the most part, but I don't know about 117 grain bullets at 2,800-2,900 fps. Enjoy this classic old chambering.

I'm shooting a 26 inch barrel T/C Custom shop barrel shooting the Hornady 117 gr SST bullet using a compressed charge of H-4831sc. This load chrono's at a sedate 2,660. It kills like the load is moving ever..ever much faster.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hey folks,

Just wanted to put in yet another plug for the old 250 Savage. Other forum members love it, and based on their reports I built my first in 2015 using a Savage Axis Stainless receiver as the platform and a 22.8” / 1-10 twist stainless sporter barrel that I ordered from ER Shaw. While I’ve built multiple rifles using the Axis as the platform—17 Remington, 222 Rem, 1-9 twist 22-250, 243 Win, 7mm-08, 25-06—the 250 Sav stands out for low blast and recoil, with a wider range of game applications than the rest. It has been particularly gratifying to update this classic with full pressure loads appropriate to a modern bolt action, using some of the latest powders (CFE223, Leverevolution, Reloader 16, IMR 7828 SSC, and now StaBall 6.5). 90 grain bullets at 3250 - 3300 FPS, 100 gr at 3000-3100, and 117-120 at 2800 to 2900 are all readily achievable loads in a modern bolt gun.

I’m glad to share load data with anyone who wants it. I’m looking forward to the arrival of my new 20” stainless barrel from Shaw, in order to build a handier woods version of the first one from 2015. These days I ask myself regularly, why in the world did I wait so long to discover this gem from the past? Why all the rage for the 6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm ARC, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, etc, when we’ve had the 250 Savage all along? I know, each has his favorites, but for my purposes, the 250 could replace all the rest. It really is an overlooked masterpiece of cartridge design. And so easy to load for!

Good afternoon to all, and thanks to all of you who influenced me to resurrect this little wonder.

Once your go "250 Savage" you never go back to the other's.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I like what you've done with the Axis platform. I'ma follow you on these forms.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The 250 Salvage can't begin to hang with a 243 Grendel or 6BR,especially a Salvage receiver wearing a 1-10" Shaw piece of fhuqking schit spout. Hint.

I've yet to encounter a chambering that was "difficult" to load for and I shoot a bunch more,than a bunch of chamberings. Hint.

Pass the 224 Speedmire and 90 Beer Cans,if/when talking 250 Salvage hulls. Hint.

The 22 PPC AFI slaps the 250 Salvage silly,with less powder,blast and recoil. Likely a 1-7" Bart' at 21",on the newest boltgun...but I have multiple in 20-22" Krunchentickers from 1-8" to 6.5" too. Hint.

I enjoyed your Delusions and thanks for the fhuqking laughs!

Hint................

Dang. I was going to rip you a new one till I saw it was Stick... then I decided to STFU. Have a great day!!!

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Here’s some load data from the last 6 or so years, that I selected based on good velocity, good accuracy, or use of a powder for which little data is available. Work up to these carefully only in a modern bolt action; they are maximum but with normal case life, extraction, bolt lift etc. Caution. Velocities are corrected to the muzzle. All primers are Rem 9 1/2 std primers, cases Hornady 22-250 necked up. Hope this maybe be of help to someone:

A) Hornady GMX 90 gr; land contact 2.606”; loads -.013 to-.020”
A1) 37.5 grs Leverevolution (LVR), 3275 fps. Repeated 0.5” to 0.6” two shot groups at 100 yds.
A2) 39.7 grs CFE223, 3310 fps. Repeated 0.4” two-shot groups.

B) Sierra 117 Pro Hunter, LC 2.479”, best results at -.020” to .025”
B1) 42.2C grs IMR 7828 SSC, 2810 fps. 1” three shot groups. Extremely low std deviations of 0.1 to 0.2%
B2) 33.5 grs IMR 4166, 2816 fps. Very clean, very low blast
B3) 35.3 grs LVR, 0.10” to 0.50” two-shot groups

C) Hornady 117 gr Round Nose. LC 2.427, set at -.012 to -.015”. 38.0 grs Reloader 16, 2830 fps. Ultra clean. No extended accuracy series done yet.

In general I’ve found Leverevolution to be more accurate than the very similar CFE223 in most of my different rifles. In my pure varmint guns it will often beat CFE223 for velocity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Drooling CLUELESS Dumbfhuqks are a hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

117 Hornie .257" SST at the cited velocity. Hint.

6 ARC Factory Fodder. Hint.

223 bolt gun slingin' 88's. Hint.

I've never heard of Lever'. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks never disappoint,by simply doing your best. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though!

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You Drooling CLUELESS Dumbfhuqks are a hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

117 Hornie .257" SST at the cited velocity. Hint.

6 ARC Factory Fodder. Hint.

223 bolt gun slingin' 88's. Hint.

I've never heard of Lever'. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks never disappoint,by simply doing your best. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though!

Hint.

Does the above mean you can or can't kill a deer with a 250 Savage? Thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would love to punch stick, must have the smallest penis on earth, probably has to poke himself in the butt so he doesn't piss on himself, hint.

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STUPID Herbert,

You Brokedick Crying Karens are a fhuqking hoot and I enjoy that your STUPIDITY is no fhuqking "act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 250 Salvage is EASILY surpassed in terminal effects,drop and drift,with chamberings burning farrrrrr less powder. Why? Bullets matter wayyyyyy more than headstamps,you Stupid Fhuqk. Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Bless your heart for Whining,Crying and Trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

303Cabbage,

You MAGNIFICENT Whining Day Dreaming CLUELESS Fhuqktard,I get a kick out of how "real" your Imagination and Pretend are to you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford' to "contribute". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

You keep regaling your EPIC Homoerotic Fantasies,via your perpetual Vagina Monologue. Hint.

Do tell,just how many times a day you think about me. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
STUPID Herbert,

You Brokedick Crying Karens are a fhuqking hoot and I enjoy that your STUPIDITY is no fhuqking "act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 250 Salvage is EASILY surpassed in terminal effects,drop and drift,with chamberings burning farrrrrr less powder. Why? Bullets matter wayyyyyy more than headstamps,you Stupid Fhuqk. Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Hint.

303Cabbage,

You MAGNIFICENT Whining Day Dreaming CLUELESS Fhuqktard,I get a kick out of how "real" your Imagination and Pretend are to you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford' to "contribute". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

You keep regaling your EPIC Homoerotic Fantasies,via your perpetual Vagina Monologue. Hint.

Do tell,just how many times a day you think about me. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Is that a No it can't kill deer or is it a Yes? Thanks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STUPID Herbert,

I've "only" killed Venison with my fist,foot,sticks,rock,Pistole,Recurve,Compound,Crossbow,Rifle,Scattergun,Smokepole,Pickup,1-3/8" swaged mainline and likely a few I'm forgettin'...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If you wish to be well shy of a good 223's performance,a 250 Salvage will certainly arrange same. As .473" boltfaces go,it is assuredly an EPIC Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

K-Hornet. Hint. LAUGHING!

17 Remington. Hint. LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Crying Fhuqktards are a hoot!

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes it is, thanks.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Ain’t no big deal fellas: chihuahuas and fragile egos are known to bark a lot; they’re generally harmless, and best ignored. But that 250 Savage, now, that’s worth talking about. Info on StaBall 6.5 and the 250 are forthcoming. . . Would love to hear more of your pet loads.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STUPID Herbert,

Deer ain't armored...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Killed one with a knife and another with an axe,if it "helps" your lactating Vagina Monologue? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

MSRiflegal,

You are welcome to your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rest fhuqking ASSURED,that your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqktitude and Brokedick "Build",ain't gonna match a multitude of chamberings,housing much less capacity and superior projectiles. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.for your delusional Dumbfhuqktitude,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Stick's got a big one on![Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
i saw a couple of used Savage Model 10s recently, priced fairly, would be cool to have one rebarreled to 250-3000

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A 1st gen Model Seven complete with walnut stock and snabble forend would make a nice retube to 250 Savage. A 20" bbl and 2-7 VX2 would be perfect little rifle.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
STUPID Herbert,

Deer ain't armored...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Killed one with a knife and another with an axe,if it "helps" your lactating Vagina Monologue? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

MSRiflegal,

You are welcome to your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rest fhuqking ASSURED,that your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqktitude and Brokedick "Build",ain't gonna match a multitude of chamberings,housing much less capacity and superior projectiles. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.for your delusional Dumbfhuqktitude,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk.

Hint.

Truly impressive. I'm looking forward to some One Time at Loggin' Camp stories and maybe a few seal shooting fests.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SuperCub
A 1st gen Model Seven complete with walnut stock and snabble forend would make a nice retube to 250 Savage. A 20" bbl and 2-7 VX2 would be perfect little rifle.

Some one here on the campfire posted a picture of a Rem model 7 he had re-barreled to .250 savage, the perfect platform for a sleek lightweight .250 for sure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STUPID Herbert,

I am VERY surprised,that you MUST "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. fhuqking LAUGHING!

It only takes 27grs of propellant,to slap a 250 Salvage around. Google as you must,nod your pointy head as you do and "convince" yourself that you "understand". Hint.

Pass the Montucky in 6XC. Which CRUSHES a 250 Salvage. Hint.

Or a Montucky in 6BR. Which CRUSHES a 250 Salvage. Hint.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Is that a before or after “bacon neck” photo?

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BUM,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must,to satiate the GAPING voids in your "life" as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Still Pea Soup to the deck at the house,but once you gain some ele,it busts open. Only saw (4) Bucks this morning,which is well shy of the average. No wind and lotsa bugs. Hint.

Pard killed a pretty nice Buck this morning up high,while camping on 'em,with a 8" RPM 22-250 and a 88ELD(3075fps) at a trite 350yds. Pardon that too,slapping a 250 Salvage fhuqking silly. Google,as you must. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint

Bless your heart for getting horned up.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pard killed a pretty nice Buck this morning up high,while camping on 'em,with a 8" RPM 22-250 and a 88ELD(3075fps) at a trite 350yds. Pardon that too,slapping a 250 Salvage fhuqking silly. Google,as you must. Hint.

That 350 yard shot is well beyond the maximum effective range of a 250 Savage.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulaBurnedHard,

Said OEM rifle is "only" Supersonic to the 1350yd line at low tide,in this afternoon's atmosphere with an 88 and use ALL Of your Imagination and Pretend to concoct same in a 250 Salvage...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Looking through the scope,will "only" get it to the 1200yd line. Google as you must and nod your pointy head,like you "understand". Hint.

I get it,that the only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination,you Magnificently STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

.224" 75A-Max 100yds+,further than that. Hint.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

That 350 yard shot is well beyond the maximum effective range of a 250 Savage.

Paul,

Not really, i killed a doe at a lasered "342" yards with the 117 gr SST bullet. I gladly admit quite a lot of holdover
at that distance with the bullet impacting at the elbow. The Doe went about 30 + yards and down. A lucky shot?
ABSOLUYELY. Would I do it again.....NOPE.

Last edited by doctor_Encore; 07/31/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 117 SST at your prescribed velocity,do thusly,if only for added hilarity. Hint.

In direct comparison to Today's victim,ala vanilla 22-250 and an 88. Hint.

The 88 essentially uses only 50% of the 117's wind correction,with obviously lesser flight time and of course greater impact velocity(nearly 600fps more). That's an EXCEPTIONALLY schitty trade in drop/drift,as well as terminal effects,not including your being in over your head start to finish. Hint.

A sub 1 Mil ele correction,is easily threaded ala 6x MQ and it's a breeze to shoot Meat in the face,at distances well beyond same. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The 117 SST at your prescribed velocity,do thusly,if only for added hilarity. Hint.

In direct comparison to Today's victim,ala vanilla 22-250 and an 88. Hint.

The 88 essentially uses only 50% of the 117's wind correction,with obviously lesser flight time and of course greater impact velocity(nearly 600fps more). That's an EXCEPTIONALLY schitty trade in drop/drift,as well as terminal effects,not including your being in over your head start to finish. Hint.

A sub 1 Mil ele correction,is easily threaded ala 6x MQ and it's a breeze to shoot Meat in the face,at distances well beyond same. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

If I kill a deer at 157 yards with a 250 Savage it is less dead than if it's killed with an 88gr fired from a Creedmoor at the same distance?

Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He is imagining that he knows what that 88 grain match bullet will do to game animals at his fantasy distances. But hell, that's what the internet is for.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STUPID Herbert,

You aren't going to "do" anything,but reiterate your Hilarious Fhuqking STUPIDITY obliviously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I hadn't mentioned a 224 Speedmire yet,though I "only" have (3) of 'em. 90 Beer Cans at 3200fps,tend to do nice thangs,via their .585 BC. Hint.

Now you can say you've "seen" one,which makes it a very BIG day for you and your ilk. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

You Crying Karen Google Gals are a fhuqking HOOT! 88 Victim from this morning. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
342 yards for 250! Fine old cartridge. Our forebears the buffalo hunters are shaking their grizzled heads with understanding and approval.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MRSriflelady,

You tell her. Hint. LAUGHING!

600yds++ 22-250AI/75 A-Max.Hint.

I'm generally whistling them at 3500fps. So it was a sub 2.5 Mil correction,even at low tide,which it weren't. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for yet again another valuable contribution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulaBurnedHard,

Ain't it a fascinating constant,that the only thing you can bring in the first hand to an Outdoors discussion,is your Imagination and Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist,if only to your chagrin and drooling maw. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Here's to the Sweet "Satisfactions" that are your's,in your GoogleFu "Wares" and "Adventures". Simply pardon Reality,as you tickle them Ivories. No fhuqking wonder you are soooooo HILARIOUSLY vested,in "living" vicariously! Hint.

Oooooooopsie! On a Seex Kreedmire and 110 Sugars at 3025fps. Cheer up,I've only got (4) of 'em. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though and I rather enjoy how "real" Pretend is,to you.

Hint.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hey folks,

SO sorry as a new member to the campfire "Big Stick" has kidnapped your thread.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
doctor Dumbcore,

Pardon Facts upsetting you so,as you talk out your CLUELESS ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The OP is simply an Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk,with nary a First Fhuqking Clue and I rather enjoy,that you are her witless match. Hint.

Bullets simply matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps,despite your being HILARIOUSLY inept in "understanding" same. You Delusional Day Dreaming DUMB Fhuqks never disappoint,by simply doing your best. Hint.

A 223 slaps your [bleep] silly. 75 ELD here. Hint.

Hint.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been shooting and loading for the 250-3000 for over 50 years and think that it is a good cartridge that will kill varmints and medium game quite well within its performance envelope.

Just curious, but why have you chosen the Savage Axis to build around when there are so many Savage 110 series and even a few Marlin X actions out there that have the same barrel tenon specs?

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
260Remguy, a friend gave me a nearly new stainless Axis; I bought a Shaw kit from midway and got very accurate results with their 243 barrel. Then I started buying up new stainless Axis versions, some with the accutrigger, for as little as $300, and began ordering various barrels directly from Shaw. With careful break-in of their sporter-weight tubes I got better accuracy results than what I’d gotten with my Rem M700s. And I found it particularly gratifying to “resurrect” some of the almost forgotten cartridges like 17 Rem, 222 Rem, and particularly the 250 Savage.

I debated about building a 35 Rem next, but the 250 is so pleasant, and so “improvable” with modern propellants, that I opted to build another one with a 20” bbl. Charlie Newton, wherever you are, I hope you’re smiling and looking down with approval. Your little invention is a gem!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like the 250-3000, but one Savage Axis was enough of an introduction to know that relationship was never going to work for me.

My preferred platform for ease of spinning barrel onto is the Marlin X gun, XL7 or XS7 depending on the COAL, since they use the same barrel tenon specs as the small shank Savage 110 and Axis series, making it so that swapping barrels and trying different cartridges can be safely done by anyone with a barrel nut wrench, a headspace gauge, a little manual dexterity, and some common sense.

If you really want Mr. Newton to smile down on you from shooters' heaven, get a barrel chambered in 256 Newton made up for one of your Savage Axis donor actions.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The 2 problems I’ve seen with the Axis are longer receiver length, and heavy bolt lift as compared to my M700s, Ruger 77, or Win Model 70. For example, the short action M700 has a 5.5” long receiver with a 2 3/8” long ejection port as compared to 7 / 3 3/8 with the Axis. The Axis port is covered on top with a thick strap of steel compared to the more open Remington design, so it’s not clear to me that the Axis receiver is subject to more torsional flexing. As I say above, the accuracy has been better. But a 24” bbl Axis makes for an equivalent length SA M700 of a 25.5” bbl. Long. This is why I’m looking for cartridges that work well with shorter bbl lengths like 222, 250 Sav, 35 Rem etc. The Axis design has an advantage over the SA M700 in that it is 1/2# lighter.

As to the bolt lift, it’s ridiculously easy to disassemble and polish the bolt internals, loosen the bolt nut, remove the washer that separates the two internal springs for a reduction in pretension etc in order to address the lift effort. And even the basic non-accutrigger is very easy to gunsmith toward a crisper lighter release.

So the Axis isn’t perfect, but it’s pretty inexpensive to produce a lightweight custom stainless steel gun with it that shoots excellent 100 yd groups with just a sporter weight barrel. Walmart was selling the stainless Accutrigger versions without scope for $310 within the last 4-6 months. That plus a $320 Shaw barrel (with shipping) gets you a custom stainless rifle in an unusual chambering for cheap. For me, at least, it’s been a compelling choice.

Last edited by MSRifleman; 08/01/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ol bacon throat!!! Keep posting charts!! I’m sure you’re NOT gonna change the op’s mind!!! Haha but you sure sound cool!!! 😂😂

Btw, you’ve reached a all new low, swiping “imaginary “ pards pics and posting them?? Are you [bleep] me??? Haha “pards” are killin good alpine bucks yet you spend all day flapping your yap, you lazy pavement pounding cuunt you!!! 😂😂

Oh the dall sheep is so very impressive too!! Tenacious bastards, big thick hardy critters, do dig the Google and swipe pic skills though!! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Like the old Yamaha motorcycle ad said, "Different Strokes For Different Folks".

Many things about the Axis don't work for me, particularly the ergs of the pistol grip, but they are cheap and, depending on your perspective, aesthetically unpleasing.

For a person not looking to swap barrels, I think that there are better ways to spend $630 than on a Savage Axis and a Shaw barrel, with the RAR-P and a Boyds stock coming immediately to mind. As a barrel swapper myself, I stocked up on the Mariin X guns when CDNN was closing them out tor $250 and even before that I was buying Remington 700 ADL Youth guns in 243 for around $325 to use as donor actions. I have a lathe and a mill, so I can do some less complicated metal work myself, like threading, chambering, and crowning a barrel, but the drop-in Savage specs barrels are a lot easier. The Savage take-off barrels aren't bad, but like most Savage barrels, they tend to have rougher bores than a good barrel maker would allow to leave their shop. That said, valve grinding compound and JB's work well to smooth out the rough spot when finishing a Savage barrel.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Personally my first choice would be the Marlin and then a Savage 200

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The trouble with Salvage(all of 'em),is that it's a fhuqking Salvage and feed/function are their perpetual bane. Hint.

Their fire control systems are fhuqking horrid too and few have their hearts more set,upon making a schittier handle than Salvage. Hint.

Though in fairness,I rather enjoyed the "careful break-in" notion and how it supposedly effects contour. Hint.

You Day Dreaming Delusional Fhuqktards are a HOOT! hint.

Few things more soothing,than Crying Karen and her Melting Snowflake Routine,which is assuredly no fhuqking "act"...emitting that High Pitched Nasal Whine repeatedly. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Very good points, 260Rem, particularly about character of the Savage bbls, advantage of mild abrasives for break-in etc. I had a base 22-250 Sav, which seated my sized brass + .008 to .009”. I reset it to approx +.003, used lapping compound for break-in with good results.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of the guys here had a Steven's 200 rebarreled to 35 REM a few years back

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The trouble with Salvage(all of 'em),is that it's a fhuqking Salvage and feed/function are their perpetual bane. Hint.

Their fire control systems are fhuqking horrid too and few have their hearts more set,upon making a schittier handle than Salvage. Hint.

Though in fairness,I rather enjoyed the "careful break-in" notion and how it supposedly effects contour. Hint.

Few things more soothing,than Crying Karen and her Melting Snowflake Routine,which is assuredly no fhuqking "act"...emitting that High Pitched Nasal Whine repeatedly. Hint.

Hint.

Bacon throat!!! Please post some more swiped pics and charts!! “In a nasal whine”!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I’d love to hear that guy’s experience with the 35

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If I remember correctly he used a 473 bolt head and it functioned fine I believe 35 Rem uses a 466 or something like that

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A 35 Rem is akin to a 308 Win,in all you need to do to replicate same,is simply load the bullets backwards. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

You Delusional DUMB Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Yet another 250 Salvage Slapper completed. Google as you must and use your Imagination to Pretend,as you are forced to. Hint.

Hint.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Yes, Jericho, the 35 case engages the std 473 bolthead just fine. You right

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman

Hint.

Bacon throat!!! Please post some more swiped pics and charts!! “In a nasal whine”!!! Haha

It all comes out sounding like a queef.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulaBurnedHard,

You be SURE to keep DESPERATELY clinging on to your Imagination and Pretend and making things "real"(for you)...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you repeatedly visit your Fantasy World of Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Seems the Creedmoor case was designed just to give Stick something to lip off about. So what if there are cartridges with better ranging qualities out there than the 250 Savage if it fits where you are hunting it is as good as anything out there.

Last edited by rickt300; 08/01/21.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Please post up some “pards” kills you couch lizard you!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey bacon throat, ANYTHING slaps around a .50 cal smokepole, but yet every year I kill bigger bulls than you’ve seen. It’s called HUNTING you fuucked up couch lizard!!😂😂 as you’ll note, the alpha glass and big tall turrets!!! Haha

😘 xoxoxoxo hog neck!!! Haha

Last edited by Judman; 08/01/21.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

PaulaBurnedHard,

You be SURE to keep DESPERATELY clinging on to your Imagination and Pretend and making things "real"(for you)...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you repeatedly visit your Fantasy World of Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Hint.

Vag lips queef what?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Paul, bacon throat has to have every “advantage “ she can get, while pounding the loggin roads in search of the elusive rutted up Sitka dink.. naw, she’ll just post “pards” critters!! Haha 😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, bacon throat has to have every “advantage “ she can get, while pounding the loggin roads in search of the elusive rutted up Sitka dink.. naw, she’ll just post “pards” critters!! Haha 😂

Thanks for the cogent translation. I had no idea what it was spewing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Woke ladies REALLY "know" your "stuff"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Google as you do,nod your heads like you "understand" and Cry as only karens can. hint.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya pretty much; if only obviously… 🖕🏿🤣

Shiit ain’t hard bacon throat. Xoxoxoxo

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s actually pretty amazing what a guy can do with a $300 and a little woods savvy!! Haha

Gonna be down coos bay/Florence Friday for a bit, your sex offender Ol man gonna be around?? Naw I’ll just look him up on wacic… 👍😂

Last edited by Judman; 08/01/21.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The INCREDIBLY long list of exceptionally well founded Insecurities,that Crying Karens "bravely" "contend",is simply funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

"Surprisingly" the latest 250 Salvage Slapper is forming cases in the .3's,with .003" Lapooey Virgin constriction and squared 88 Smooches. Google as you must. Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No insecurities, funny you always mention them though!! 😂😂

Shiits only as hard as you make it. I guess “paradise “ shiit is really tough with a 7 month season and all, oh and the kelp eating grease pigs!!! Haha

You’re a fuucking joke LarryO!!! 😂😂

PS, does he like little boys or girls?? I’m gonna go out on a limb here, judging by your behavior, and say he likes boys…. Hint

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Perhaps correlate just how many times you think about me on an average day,(not one of your "good" ones) and the duration of said encounters...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You can almost punctuate for yourself. ALMOST. Hint.

Tough to beat AM steel 5-rounders for Utility and knowing me,I prolly gun 'em in a host of chamberings and a goodly smattering of blueprints. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying and keep them Insecurities rolling,if only due to how very badly you NEED them.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat, the only one crying is you, as you can’t hit the alpine anymore… remember over 15 years ago when you told me that was the “time”, before I quit puttin up with your lip?? Haha

You poor washed up cull… prayers sent bitch! 😂😂🖕🏿🖕🏿

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Your poignant Vagina Monologue extolling the voracity and magnitude of your countless,yet very WELL founded Insecurities is fhuqking EPIC Humor...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I am VERY "surprised",that I control your every utterance,vernacular and punctuation,as you "live" vicariously and ferociously cling to my every word and Splendid Pixel. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

The 2.340" COAL,exceptionally consistent brass,amazing ES/SD and miserly propellant consumption,coupled with a .545 BC,just don't even same "fair". No wonder you rely so heavily on Imagination and Pretend,while obliviously extolling that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. You keep fighting the "good" fight,with your Melting Snowflake Routine. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying and who could blame you for plagiarism,given your "abilities".

Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot the 375 Winchester to 500 yards. No need to get all worked up.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat, you still thinking about me?😂

Rent free!! Haha

Yep the Ol man liked boys, no wonder why you couldn’t coach on the Rez!! That’s saying something!! 😂

Check out the $300 smokepole, best coal of em all!!! Haha xoxoxoxo

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Woweee! You gals "get" to "do" it "all"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon,simply shooting more than a "few" Rimfires to 700yds++,though I'm "unfamiliar" with a 375. Perhaps muse some of those "particulars",for even more Oblivious Humor. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your hearts,you are doing "GREAT!".

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s “gal” mister English professor!! Haha

Singular not plural hog neck. How’s the buck killin? Oh wait you’ve been a couch lizard swipin “pards” pics again!! Haha 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

My Engleeshe Skeelz are without peer and I reckon it plum flattering,that even a STUPID Fhuqk such as yourself,knows her best and "only" move is to steal same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Woke Lady Friend Brokeball was trying to muse a 375,but you were Whining so loudly and so enthralled with your Vagina Monologue,that you missed it. You two CLUELESS Kchunts make a pair and it'll only come as a surprise to you,that a pair is plural. Hint.

Pardon the poignant profundity of my Verbiage and Pixels,having such sway upon you and fueling your countless and exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities in such conclusive manner. Hint.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat, please post “pards” pics, as you, “the couch lizard” can’t do any shiit anymore, but you love to lie about it, and steal pics!! Haha

Looks like Danny boy and Dr Jim are doing good, peel your fat cuunt of the couch and see what you can do princess. 😂😂

What’s the Oregon sex offender registery got to say about Micklecky??? Oooopsie!! 🤣🤣

Lil Kim gettin welfare on time? Tell me about all things huntin sweetheart!! 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,how your Stupidity melded with your Breathalizer Reading,sooooooo magnificently fuels your exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I nearly forgot to open yesterday's Mail,a few minutes ago. If only to fuel more of your Insecurities. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LarryO!!! Did you get to "open" Kerri's panties with that mail???😂😂😂

Nope sure didn't!! Look at the bright side, you're another day closer to sausage fest on the slope!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Here's to how very REAL your Homoerotic Fantasies,are to you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You're slurring your Insecurities. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best.

Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
TAG

smile

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh it's a WHOLE bunch fhuqking funnier than that,despite your inability to grasp same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The poignant profundity of my allure,is beyond palpable and Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery. I enjoy watching Moths fly to The Flame. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wondered if it would be just epic. Miltonian.

👍👍👍

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

Perhaps claim yet again that you have me on Imaginary Pretend Ignore,if only to correlate yet again,that besides being a Whining CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you also just 'happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I get it,that you fixate my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,if only due the fact that you are forced by default to "live" vicariously. Pardon wares that exist,as you laude in the Sweet "Satisfactions" that are your's,that fortunately for you Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. fhuqking LAUGHING!

Feel free to cite how many times a day you think about me. Hint.

Bless your heart for Lying,Trying,Crying and Whining.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

'fin,

The OP is in well over her head,as is the Paper Hat Brigade...which never ain't not EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.(grin)

The astute are taking notes and applying same,while Melting Snowflakes submit more Hurt Feelers Reports and Google a FIRST Fhuqking Clue to no avail. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by SuperCub

LOL smile

He could beat Big Skittle in any contest . That’s REALLY bad .LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mornin’ bacon throat!!! Looks like you’re doin so well here!! You have stuff!! Possessions, lotsa parcels to open, you’ve got so much stuff!!! You glutinous [bleep]!! Hand some “pard” pics you worthless couch lizard!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Thanks for yet again another valuable contribution.

Man, that’s METHED UP

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Timber!!!

Attached Images
51353942100_a83d321c59_w.jpg (15.77 KB, 245 downloads)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Crying Karen melting Snowflakes are a "rugged" lot for sure and I rather enjoy your inability to control your Emotions and it's fascinating to watch your clocks align...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The newest 22PPC Alaskan Fhuqking Improved,do assuredly dazzle and I found a somewhat leeward bight,where the Full Value Wind was only at two-thirds throttle. Confirmed DOPE to 900yds first,then went to Transonic Slip(1300yds) and it was money to/fro. Hats off,to glass that tracks. Google it. Hint.

The rain/wind/fog,seemingly scared the fish off and the Deer blended in nicely. Hint. Laughing!

Fortunately for you CLUELESS Woke Kchunts,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon reality. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread makes me crave a 250 Savage.... smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! My god, you lucky couch lizard!! You took pics of fish off a bridge in Alaska??? You’ve gotta be [bleep] me!!! Haha 😂😂

And a doe outta the front seat of your truck?? In August, well fuuck hog neck, you’re cuttin the fat off the hog up there!! Pun there 😂😂

Diggin the 22ppc couchbound alaskan dumbfuuck ++p!! Great stuff lil buddy!!! Haha 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is VERY "surprising" how the exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities accrue in such accelerated fashion,post Bargain Beer Bender...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Probably more than a touch on edge,that you didn't get to see the unveil on the parcel. Here,allow me to fuel even more Insecurities and grant you a Google Trip. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Might I suggest more punctuation and Emoji's,to further illuminate the magnitude of your Raging Estrogen Torrents. Pardon wares that exist,while you gals laude your cravings. Hint.

Hint.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
My God the disastrous results when the illiterati ape their betters. Poor S J Perelman . . .

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The biggest problem I have shooting long range is getting the couch pried out of my chunt so I can belly up to the bench. What do you guys recommend?

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Looks like you really got after it today!! How'd the "pards" do??? 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MSRiflelady,

Simply embrace your Incredible Fhuqking STUPIDITY and rock it,if only for oblivious humor...you "lucky" kchunt. Ooooooopsie!!! Too late. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Do not "forget",your "special" "contour specific" barrel break-in Delusion(s). Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

DUMBall,

You haven't the "means","abilities" or "comprehension" to connect a dot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon Reality and wares that exist. Hint.

Re-pardon Reality and wares that exist. Hint.

No wonder you MUST "live" vicariously,you Magnificently STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

Hint.

Crying Karen,

How many times have you thought about me today and what's it like to always be on the outside licking windows and DESPERATELY trying to get a glimpse inside...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Them exceedingly WELL found Insecurities are certainly amassing and you nearly turned a lick. Almost. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". At least you get to read my EVERY word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel,as you Dream aloud. Hint.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! I love you're drawn to me, like a moth to a flame. Its refreshing even a washed up couch lizard such as yourself can drive over a bridge in Alaska a snap a pic of fish!!! Haha

How's the "pards" hunts doin??? hang some pics, please!! 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Your inability to use your own words or punctuation,are indeed funnier than fhuqk,but there is/was no reason for you to keep reiterating numbers stump you too,as my Post on this Thread broke trail for your's if only as per always...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I rather enjoy your fear of heights too and your rapidly accelerating list of very WELL founded Insecurities,is EPIC in it's grandeur. Allow me to fuel 'em even more,with some of today's Mail. Hint.

Too bad cameras are WAY too expensive for you. Hint.

Bless your heart for being second fiddle.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ummmmm, bacon throat!!! "playing second fiddle", " sitting on the outside looking in", and all your whining, bitching and moaning, yet you're the one posting pics of "parts" kills in this thread... Are you OK? Do you realize the shiit you're posting and have posted the last couple days???😂😂😂

Hola you washed up couch lizard!!! I can feels your arteries slamming shut from clear down here!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
MRSriflelady,

You tell her. Hint. LAUGHING!

600yds++ 22-250AI/75 A-Max.Hint.

I'm generally whistling them at 3500fps. So it was a sub 2.5 Mil correction,even at low tide,which it weren't. Hint.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Rah rah rah!!! Rattle those pom Poms you lazy couch lizard!!! Love the vicarious living...😁🖕👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Pardon the poignant profundity of my influence,controlling your every woken moment and most certainly in your DREAMS...you "lucky" kchunt. Pun(s) be intended. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only in fairness,your most recent infatuation and I have Shot,Killed and Fished more than a smidge together. Said rifle/bullet combo having long been melded and in more blueprints than you could fathom. I am VERY "surprised" them constants,fuel your AMAZINGLY long list of very WELL founded Insecurities,in such a manner. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now if only to fuel them more. Pardon wares that exist,while you "get" to "contribute",because you can "afford" Imagination and Pretend,solely because it's free. Hint.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Swipe some more pics!! Its gotta be a tad disturbing, what your "life" has turned into... The sun is settin, your fresh outta family, and "parts", though I'm sure co workers feel sorry for ya, as they get to "do", all the while you suckass and live vicariously, while drooling over their exploits. Poor poor little Larry. But hey, its the www so lie away hog neck!!! Haha 😂😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All of the dumping stuff on the floor to take photos no one cares about just seems exhausting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Your Raging Estrogen Torrent,Bargain Beer Benders and Oxygen Deprivation due your time spent as a Masked Sheep,has nicely inflated your Emotions...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I rather enjoy your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude and High Pitched Nasal Whine from the sidelines,as you Re-Hissy a "life" long fit of raging inadequacy and extoll via Vagina Monologue,how very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are. The fear of heights was a bitchin' touch too! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Seems only "fair" to gease them skids and fuel them Insecurities,so you get to be "part" of something you sooooooooo desperately long for. Hint.

Hint.

crossword,

What else coulda PaulaBurnedHard "do",other than quantify how VERY fortunate she is that Imagination and Pretend are free,so she too can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

No need to mock the compilation of her "life" savings. Hint.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Barnyard Tryhard, that is a really piss poor attempt

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Given Paula's "means","abilities" and "comprehension",she simply went all in with what incredibly little she "has" to "work" with...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.(grin)

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery and I rather enjoy controlling every thought,of sooooooo many,as they try to do their BEST. It sure as fhuqk ain't very "fair",but never ain't not HILARIOUS. Hint.

I wonder if they make Crying Karen Melting Snowflake WOKE Bridge Maps?!? Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sure glad us do nothings have someone to look up to. Our pitiful lives we live just got a little brighter. Maybe I can pretend my way into another dandy blacktail this year.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DUMBall,

You keep fighting "the good fight" and try to "convince" yourself of the things you most NEED to hear...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". You Woke CLUELESS Kchunts have certainly perfected being a "Victim",ifonly due your "life" of practicing same. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Today's rains,got the lettuce growing. Hint.

Bless your heart for doing your best and Dreaming so vividly.

Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Carry on.

Sorry to hear about your father, that's messed up.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DUMBall,

Your Magnificent Fhuqking STUPIDITY never disappoints and thanks for sharing your Dreams...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I almost saw a Blacktail today,while you were Dreaming. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
DUMBall,

You keep fighting "the good fight" and try to "convince" yourself of the things you most NEED to hear...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". You Woke CLUELESS Kchunts have certainly perfected being a "Victim",ifonly due your "life" of practicing same. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Today's rains,got the lettuce growing. Hint.

Bless your heart for doing your best and Dreaming so vividly.

Hint.

Bacon throat!! Now what were the chances you’d have your ass pinned into a truck cab??? Haha 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

What are the "odds" that you haven't(can't) quit thinking about me and besides being terrorized by heights,you can't drive...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You be SURE to keep extolling your INCREDIBLY long list of exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily keep fuelin' them for you,as you wax Second Fiddle eloquent,via your Never Ending Vagina Monologue. Undoubtedly,the Great Unknown in the Mail,propels your flight to The Flame. That being said,I'll happily fuel your Insecurities and if only as per always,pardon wares that exist,if only to your well founded chagrin. Google it. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your heart,you can nearly punctuate for yourself and pardon my perpetual intrusion,behind your crossed-eyes.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat, what were the odds you had to come running right back to this thread first thing? Bout the same as you pile in your truck “ hunting “… cab lizard!! Haha 🤣

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Pardon my breaking trail,as you "get" to be Second Fiddle yet again...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the MAGNIFICENT HILARITY of your Estrogen Fueled Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude and AMAZINGLY long list of exceedingly WELL founded Insecurities. Speaking of which,how is Little Wuhan doing? "Congratulations" on your conversion to Muslim. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Oooopsie! 'Merica! Hint.

You be SURE to keep extolling them Insecurities,in your Soothing High Pitched Nasal Whine and I'll be sure to keep fueling same. Speaking of which. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat, love how you follow me around, wishing you had what I have. Little wuhan is actually not chink, guess you could call him “ lil Pedro “ . One thing is, he sure don’t have a adult sized forehead at age 3, but I do did the drool coming from its mouth!! 😂😂

Look at the bright side, maybe lil Kim will tell the shovel head who his daddy is, only after extensive dna tests!! Haha 😂

Pay attention to the “ pics of it didn’t happen thread hog neck!! 😎😘

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Are those Muslim Eye Watering Chilli Pepper Emoji's...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps quote the Koran in Spanish,as you extoll your exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities and "embrace" your newfound Faith. Here I'll fuel 'em yet again. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!! Better buy him a c pap machine now!! With a B&C cranium like that, he’s gonna need it!!!🤣🤣 haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Do you and Little Wuhan have matching turbines for your pin heads,along with masks being in synched patterns...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

How come Little Wuhan doesn't rate anything good? No WONDER your WELL founded Insecurities,amass sooooo incredibly fast!?! Second Birthday here in 'Merica. Google as you MUST,nod your pin head like you do and then kneel towards Mecca,as forced. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you and Little Wuhan,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Let me know when little Kim finds the wide spaced eyed, xxxl craniums daddy. Or his he gonna be like cooper? Oh, watch him around his great grandfather, if he ever sees him!! Haha 😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

At least you'll "get" to "explain" to Little Wuhan,how Second Fiddle is "pretty good" and being Muslim is "cool"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

While kneeling to Mecca,you can thank Allah,in how very REAL Imagination and Pretend are(to you). Then regale Little Wuhan with pics of wares that exist,though oh soooooo many miles away. As a final "move",before Prayer is over,you can elaborate that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Just a bit different here in 'Merica,as the Winny 63 Second Birthday Present,actually exists. So do the "Chickmunk". When it rains,it pours. Hint.

Bless your heart for being Woke.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Please tell lil Kim to start a “ go fund me” account for fuucks sake!! Not even a hienz 57 micklecky deserves to be dressed in pink!! 😂😂

Though it might be telling of some lbgtq+ tendencies in the future?? Haha

Last edited by Judman; 08/04/21.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Big Stick is living proof that even God can make a mistake once in awhile. He ruined a great prick when he put ears on Big Stick. Hint! Wink! and all that other stupid stuff you add at the end of your comments.....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
BS bingo sheet

1. Ballistics charts to 1000 yards (aka distance no one who hunts cares about)

2. Fish next to rifle (same as last 400 times)

3. Components piled up for photos.

4. Bonus square: no new dead game to match components.

5. Photo of giant cartoon chainsaw.

6. More useless charts.

7. Ignores real world success of all-time great cartridges.

8. Rifle in steam for no reason.

9. Strong signs of dyslexia.

Surely someone has three in a row by now?!?!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ain't it nice to walk into the local store and buy whatcha' want? Hint.

I reckon Today's Mail was rather kind too. Hint.

What were the "odds" that you CLUELESS Whining Kchunts are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,as you pontificate your exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities and Melt in Woke Unison? Hint.

Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulaBurnedHard,

Ain't it VERY fortunate for you,that Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You'll simply haveta' pardon wares that exist,as you get your Google on. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
BS bingo sheet

6. More useless charts.

Something like this?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
BS bingo sheet

6. More useless charts.

Something like this?

LMAO !!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ain't it nice to walk into the local store and buy whatcha' want? Hint.

I reckon Today's Mail was rather kind too. Hint.

What were the "odds" that you CLUELESS Whining Kchunts are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,as you pontificate your exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities and Melt in Woke Unison? Hint.

Hint.

Bacon neck!!! It sure is!!! Haha

You sure speak of “ well founded insecurities “ ,you insecure?? 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
More $$$ in paint there than your house is worth there mister “dr $$$”!!!

[bleep] laughing +pp

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? Pardon reality,as you dabble your perpetual Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

I realize a GOOD day for you,is one in which you don't schit your pants. Hopefully wares that exist,won't embarrass you yet again. Hint.

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Stick,

Wacha propelling with the 26?
The 22 grendel?

Thanks.

Edit- Ah, nvm- the dies and ELDs make that obvious.

Last edited by CaptArab; 08/04/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mmmmmmmmm...'26?!? never heard of it. Hint. Laughing!

Got lucky and more Mail showed up,if only to fuel the Insecurities of Melting Snowflakes. I'll start carving it open,here in a bit. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

All of my 22PPC AFI's and 243PPC AFI's,whether Turnbolt or Krunchenticker,dine expressly upon Lever'. Hint...............

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
LOL yes. How have I not seen that before.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wasn't aware that Joe Biden was a "cool shot" and a Gunsmith?!? Hint.

I'm fhuqking CRYING...I'm laughing sooooooooooooooo fhuqking hard! Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I didn't know we had a comedy sub-forum, this is good. My favorite part is the guy who stages all of his crap for pictures accusing other members of pretending.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Chickens,

I rather enjoyed that part too,but to PaulaBurnedHard's credit,she can only "share" what incredibly fhuqking little she "has" to "work" with and do not dismiss her helmet and Handicapped Parking Permit...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

With soooooooo many choices of Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude to choose from,my favorite(s),are the Melting Whining Snowflakes who are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,but despite their Incredible STUPIDITY know better than to try and say anything about The Rifle,on a Hunting Rifle Board. Puts a "little" perspective on things,you Drooling Fhuqktard. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Allow me to fuel your Insecurities,so you can extoll how very "fortunate" you are,that Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Hint.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Is 22 PPC AFI the same chamber Harrison is calling the 224 Predator?

I see some folks running 22 grendel or 22 LBC, then others running 22 Grendel "Improved".

All pretty dang confusing for folks that just wanna buy dies, brass, and shoot.

You ought to start a thread just to straighten all that out- dies, gas system, brass, etc.

There's a thread over on snipershide but it gets confusing when folks start sharing load data for 3 different reamers.

Last edited by CaptArab; 08/05/21.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I really wish horny would take their smart pill and release a "22 ARC".

Damn that would be amazing.
Then Ruger could sell $450 Ruger American Predators slinging factory loaded 88 ELDMs at 3000fps.

A man can dream . . .

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Big stick
Perhaps you can clarify something for me.
You are constantly expounding on the severe use you subject your firearms to.
Now, going by the posts you make,you have somewhere over 600 rifles. Also, you get 6 months vacation.
If you hunt 24 hours a day for those six months, that's 4320 hours. If you divide 4320 hours by 600 rifles, that means each rifle gets an average of 7.2 hours use per year. Now, lets assume that you hunt with a rifle in each hand, that means each rifle gets 14.4 hours use.
That's assuming a rifle in each hand, hunting 24 hours a day.
As a feeble minded old man, I still use my rifles more than that. If I don't I sell them.
There is also the probability that you hunt less than 24 hours a day, and that you don't have a rifle in each hand.
So, if there is a mathematical possibility that you can subject all your rifles and scopes to many days of hard each year, I'd like you to point it out to me.

Thanking you in advance for your information.

Royce

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CaptArab
I really wish horny would take their smart pill and release a "22 ARC".

Damn that would be amazing.
Then Ruger could sell $450 Ruger American Predators slinging factory loaded 88 ELDMs at 3000fps.

A man can dream . . .

For sure. I’d toss the Valkyrie away pretty quick.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'rab,

Nothing changes,in that EVERYTHING changes. Hint.(grin)

Lemme set the stage,from years ago. Hint.

Now to Start At The Fhuqking Start. The 7.62x39 from circa '44,was/is the parent of more than a few chamberings. I reckon the 220 Russian was likely the first mainstay,followed by the 5.45x39. The 'Russian was shaken and stirred,which led to the 22/6PPC and the cup runneth over,with LEGENDS born. Bill Alexander essentially took the premise,Improved same and coughed up the 6.5 Grendel. Just as with any other Parent case,there were a myriad of deviations,some of which gained traction. Soooooooo...the 224 Grendel/LBC/AR/Predator/PPC Improved/ARC are all subtle diviations(at MOST),of the Theme. Same goes the .243" bore size variants. There are renditions of less traction,which took Improvement further,if one is so inclined. I am not. Hint.

I personally have only shot/got the 224LBC,224 Predator and 22PPC AFI,who's O/F cases largely interchange(modest headspace deviations,being a given). Same goes the 243 versions of same. That being said,I can only reflect upon my (10) rifles so chambered(between Turnbolts and Krunchentickers) and what's gotta be a like number of pard's platforms. In .224" I have 6.5,7 and 8" RPMS. In .243" only 7 and 8". BHW,X-Caliber and Harrison as OEM goes,the balance Custom on Bartlein(mainly) and Krieger blanks. Hint.

For even more perspective,here's a Hornady 6.5 Grendel Virgin F/L sized to 6 ARC on far left. F/L sized Hornady 6.5 Grendel sized to positive headspace a false shoulder in my 243 LBC Krunchentickers,to the far right. Lapooey O/F 243 LBC betwixt same. Hint.

As Krunchentickers go,I'm happy(very) with Rifle Gas,but have some +2". As does go,there are numerous ways to get there,but I've both 224 Predator and 243 Predator dies sourced from harrison,that will feed the herd. though I of course have Grendel bushing dies,PPC Seaters and a buncha' other stuff,obviously including F/L 6 ARC. Hint.

In a nutshell,Lapooey is KING. Starline ain't horrid. Norma is Fhuqking Dog Schit and Hornady right there with it,as 6.5 Grendel parent Virgins go. In my .224" PPC Improved Krunchentickers,it's a breeze to Smooch 75'Max,ELD's and 88 ELD's. Same goes .243" Hornie 105 BTHP's,'Max and 108 ELD's,in the above cited ASC mags. Hint.

As you more than hint at and as I've oft lamented,the 22 ARC/LBC/Predator/Grendel/PPC AFI is a GLARING void and 7" RPM a given. The 6 ARC is a Good Bitch,but a .224" 88 ELD has a better BC(.545) than a .243" 108 ELD .536 BC and the reduction in mass,equates to a velocity increase in .224",which further frosts the cake. Hint.

Sorry for repeatedly talking Rifles,on a Thread in which The Do Nothing gang was practicing their Imagination and Pretend,while hoping to perfect their GoogleFu...the "lucky" kchunts.

Hint.

Joyce,

Weren't my intent to hurt your VERY Tender Feelers,nor to grant you a Delusion that you "could too"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to how VERY well founded your countless Insecurities are and how "fortunate" you are,that Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contrinute" too. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Looking forward to your next Whine,you Magnificently CLUELESS Stupid Fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

'retzs,

The VagDry is a Stinking Pile Of Fhuqking Schit for certain,as is the 22 Nuzzler. Hint.

Bless their hearts.

Hint.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Big Stick
Your childish answer doesn’t address any of the questions I brought up.
I would think that anyone that claims the mental superiority that you do could formulate something other than an answer at the level of a not too bright twelve year old.
There was nothing in my post to indicate that my feelings were hurt, or that I had any insecurities.
That would be obvious to anyone with the most basic reading ability. But, perhaps you read posts at the same level that you post, about the low grade twelve year old level.
Want to try again?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Royce, first things first, bacon throat is a “tweener “ I guess you could say. Not a hunter, not a competitive/benchrest/prc shooter, but rather a lazy cab lizard that kills bucks outta his front seat, and slicks bears off the beach. Liar Larry aledgedly makes “dr $$$”, lives in a run down shiithole on a Indian rez in “paradise”, surely he could pursue sheep, bou, moose, goat, musk ox, grizz etc?? I mean he has “pards” begging him to take him out in their super Cubs!!! Haha

But here we are, Ol hog neck spends countless hours talking shiit, bitching and moaning about other folks and their wares. I know I know, countless insecurities, imagination and pretend blah blah fuucking blah.. 😘😎 some emojis for ya LarryO!! Haha

Xoxoxoxo

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Royce
Big Stick
Your childish answer doesn’t address any of the questions I brought up.
I would think that anyone that claims the mental superiority that you do could formulate something other than an answer at the level of a not too bright twelve year old.
There was nothing in my post to indicate that my feelings were hurt, or that I had any insecurities.
That would be obvious to anyone with the most basic reading ability. But, perhaps you read posts at the same level that you post, about the low grade twelve year old level.
Want to try again?

I have him blocked. I suggest everyone else do the same. I let him get to me so much that I called him out, wanted to give him a chance to talk to me like that in person on one of my trips to Elmendorf Air Force Base (Anchorage). Told him I'd meet him wherever he liked. He wouldn't even answer. Then someone PM'd me what may have happened to make him act this way. This pathetic, lonely old man isn't worth the time or effort to kick the crap out of. The best revenge is to let him live a long life thinking about what he did.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The point that I was trying to make is that although Larry spends countless hours boasting about his long hard use of rifles, each one of his rifles gets very little use. Apparently, I made my point, because he didn't respond to my post except for his usual childish name calling.
Possibly, there is something to Larry's rant that a person's manliness is tied to how much money they earn. Richard Simmons and Oprah Winfrey both make several magnitudes of the money Larry earns, so that must mean Richard and Oprah are way above Larry on the masculinity chart.
I have been reading Larry"s BS for years, and thought it was time someone demonstrated how inflated his BS claims are to his face.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That’s funny, I’ve pmd him before, chickenshiit wouldn’t respond to me either. All I get is, “bacon throat has removed himself from this topic”…😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqk YESSSSSSSSS...and just like that,THE Twatly Trifecta was created...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The copious Imagination and Pretend,is only surpassed by The VERY Tender Feelers,Imaginary Pretend Ignore and the INCREDIBLY loooonnnngggggggg list of very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

You gals be SURE to combine "forces" and Whine in unison,as you "fight" the GOOD "fight",with Retardation and Estrogen as you extoll your Woketitude on the World. Allow me to fuel them Insecurities. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I don't get many PM's and gotsta' keep deleting 'em,to make room for more. Hint.

I reckon a goodly portion of your Crying Kchuntitude,is the unfinished business of yesterday's Mail. Weren't my intent to leave you "hard chargers" hanging and I apologize as that was rude. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!!

Bless your Vagina Monologue in 3-Part Harmony,you "rugged" Snowflakes.

Hint.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Larry
I'll post my question again to see if you've conjured up a grown up answer to it.

Big stick
Perhaps you can clarify something for me.
You are constantly expounding on the severe use you subject your firearms to.
Now, going by the posts you make,you have somewhere over 600 rifles. Also, you get 6 months vacation.
If you hunt 24 hours a day for those six months, that's 4320 hours. If you divide 4320 hours by 600 rifles, that means each rifle gets an average of 7.2 hours use per year. Now, lets assume that you hunt with a rifle in each hand, that means each rifle gets 14.4 hours use.
That's assuming a rifle in each hand, hunting 24 hours a day.
As a feeble minded old man, I still use my rifles more than that. If I don't I sell them.
There is also the probability that you hunt less than 24 hours a day, and that you don't have a rifle in each hand.
So, if there is a mathematical possibility that you can subject all your rifles and scopes to many days of hard each year, I'd like you to point it out to me.

Thanking you in advance for your information.

Royce

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Heck, I wanted to hear more about the great 250 Savage.
This thread went south, quick. Or maybe North.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'99,

The '250 is a GREAT chambering,as a Donor. Hint.(grin)

Lapooey did some REAL favors,in making rather good 22-250 Donor Brass. It paved the way to more than a few 22-250 AI's,224 Speedmires,6 Internationals,6XC's, Seex Kreedmires and the ilk. Hint.

The trouble with the .257" version is timeless...and that's simply bullets. NONE are worth a fhuqk. As Rifles go,that's not a "good" thing. Hint. Laughing!

Don't be too hard on THE Twatly Trifecta,they are simply at the mercy of their "means","abilities" and "comprehension",so "default" to Imagination and Pretend,despite it being their only "move". Hint.

Bless their hearts.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Rest assured there is more than 875 no buck killin do nothing [bleep] here!! Haha 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by kenster99
Heck, I wanted to hear more about the great 250 Savage.
This thread went south, quick. Or maybe North.

Remington 700 Classic, 250 Savage.

Mild Mannered Quarter-Bore

works great with 100 Gr. Nosler Partitions

for perforating b-b-que sized Hoglets!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Might I suggest,that your WELL founded Insecurities,aren't "shared" by everyone...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Just do ALL that you "can" and set on the sidelines,rattling Pom-Pom's,while counting PM's and "convincing" yourself that you "could too". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

During the meanwhile,simply "explain" how many times a day you think about me. Perhaps use an Emoji?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I'll simply fuel your copious Insecurities,so you can use your Imagination and Pretend even more. Hint.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ve done alotta gods work with a 250, like gw says, mild mannered, good killin rifle.. test media has only been several bucks, bulls and a couple bear. I’m sure bacon throat has much more experience than I with the chambering… haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Crying Karen,

Might I suggest,that your WELL founded Insecurities,aren't "shared" by everyone...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Just do ALL that you "can" and set on the sidelines,rattling Pom-Pom's,while counting PM's and "convincing" yourself that you "could too". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

During the meanwhile,simply "explain" how many times a day you think about me. Perhaps use an Emoji?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I'll simply fuel your copious Insecurities,so you can use your Imagination and Pretend even more. Hint.

Hint.

Haha look at the bright side bacon throat, you get to kill a few bucks this year….. and that’s it!! Your doin so great, and I’m feeling insecure… least you get to live vicariously and cruise through the “pics of it didn’t happen” thread, stomp your feet and make excuses!! 😘😎

Ain’t easy havin pals.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nice rifle geedubya, looking forward to shooting a buck with this Ruger 250 Sav. I recently picked up.
Have only shot somerwhere around 10-12 deer with my 250's, all Savage levers. Never had any complaints.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I been thinking a 250 on a Model Seven stainless with a 22" SS barrel, just long enough to get noise away from the box blind..

Talley Lightweights and a compact scope.

Get one of the B&C stocks off of the little Sevens built a couple years ago.

Plenty of energy to reach across our 200 yard wide hay and bean field with an 80 or 87 grain bullet.

Bet that would be a whitetail hammer.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I been thinking a 250 on a Model Seven stainless with a 22" SS barrel, just long enough to get noise away from the box blind..

Talley Lightweights and a compact scope.

Get one of the B&C stocks off of the little Sevens built a couple years ago.

Plenty of energy to reach across our 200 yard wide hay and bean field with an 80 or 87 grain bullet.

Bet that would be a whitetail hammer.

Boy that would be a dandy. 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice rifle geedubya, looking forward to shooting a buck with this Ruger 250 Sav. I recently picked up.
Have only shot somerwhere around 10-12 deer with my 250's, all Savage levers. Never had any complaints.

Oh ya, mine was a 77 bicentennial, used to run 100 grain core locks in it, great little rifle. Got grandmas Ol 99 in the back of the safe, need to dust er off

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I haven't checked back in awhile. Are the animals I killed with a 250 Savage dead or not? Can I still expect to kill animals with a 250 Savage? Are animals shot with a higher BC bullet more or less dead? Can I only shoot animals a 1000 yards away? Is it wrong to kill animals 46 yards away? Does shooting animals close make me less of hunter?

Thanks

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Exactly steelhead.. but bacon throat wouldn’t have anything to biitch and argue about. 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Oh ya, mine was a 77 bicentennial, used to run 100 grain core locks in it, great little rifle. Got grandmas Ol 99 in the back of the safe, need to dust er off

That 99 should get on some meat.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
I haven't checked back in awhile. Are the animals I killed with a 250 Savage dead or not? Can I still expect to kill animals with a 250 Savage? Are animals shot with a higher BC bullet more or less dead? Can I only shoot animals a 1000 yards away? Is it wrong to kill animals 46 yards away? Does shooting animals close make me less of hunter?

Thanks

46 yards?? I can't even see 46 yards around here.

I really like to hang in the thick stuff where the big boys hide.

There is a buck in that pic. If I had it on my laptop I could probably find him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by beretzs

That 99 should get on some meat.

Hell ya Scotty. Dunno what model it is, got the gold shell counter, schnabel forend, 24” snout. Had it drilled and tapped and mounted a old school Swarovski on it

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grandad had a 250-3000.

Same as you describe Jud. Gold counter and same forearm.

Something tells me it was a E model or at least that's what I remember him telling me.

I always wanted it.

All but a few guns came up missing from his place within a few days of him passing.

Probably 20 went MIA.

Step-dad still has his old Nobel 12 gauge and a 10 gauge single shot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My favorite factory built rifles in 250-3000 are, listed alphabetically, the Ruger 77 RSI, Savage 1920, Savage 99F, Savage 99G, and 1986 Winchester/USRA 70 Lightweight Carbine. I got my first 250-3000, a Savage 99G in 1968, and my most recent in 2005, a Winchester/USRA 70 Lightweight Carbine with open sights that Mule Deer decided was surplus to his needs.

Despite the drought of 0.257" VLD bullets I have managed to kill a lot of varmints and more than a few whitetails with bullets in the 75 to 120 grain range. The biggest whitetail that I've ever shot, estimated over 300 lbs. live weight, died via 110 grain AB fired from a 25 WSSM.

It seems to me that most bullets and cartridges work as intended if they are used within their design parameters. The fact that Kevin Petrzilka took a 203 4/8 B&C whitetail with a Remington 788 in 22-250 using a common 55 grain bullet seems to prove that cutting edge gear isn't necessary for success.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too fhuqking funny! I'm fairly certain,that it were plainly cited,that upon a like case the .224" do a better job. It's #5 from the right,so at least you can say you've "seen" one. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

If only to fuel them Insecurities,so you Woke Snowflakes can have some reality to talk about. Hint.

In fairness,I've never shot a .257" bore. Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Larry, you think I could get me one a them new fangled cartridges to fit in one of these here Salvages I got?

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Hunters are talkin about “hunting rifles”…. Just go away

PS isn’t it time for some more charts and stolen pics from “pards”?? Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ran outta coffee and couldn't make it out of the driveway without seeing Splendors this morning. Hint.

I'll happily fuel them Insecurities for you Whining Kchunts. If only as per always,pardon wares that exist. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't even have to leave the house!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Hey Larry, you think I could get me one a them new fangled cartridges to fit in one of these here Salvages I got?

He’ll hook you up with the classy 270 Karen

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,you are doing "great"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll just fuel your copious Insecurities,as you gals wax eloquent upon same. Hint. Fhuqking Laughing!

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Downside to using a 250 for deer hunting? None

Insanity of spending thousands of dollars a month on an endless iteration of rifles that get used less that seven hours a year? To shoot rocks? Humongous.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many yrs ago I had a 250 savage built on a Mexican Mauser friend had to make a bolt for it, screwed on a 22inch Pac-nor barrel my middle step son. He used couple times ended up getting himself a course deer with it. This was long before high b.c bullet craze. He shot 90gr Sierra hpbt out of it. I know by today’s standards that bullet only good out to 75yds. Anyhow back in 2012 time frame my friend daughter drew a caribou permit and he was trying to get her to shoot his 30-06 the recoil was bad and she was not having fun according to him every time she pulled the trigger she would flinch and was losing interest real quick. I told him I had a rifle he could use and I took that 250 savage to him, by this time I found another load using 100 grain Sierra pro hunter (I know another Inferior bullet) loaded with H4895z I dropped that rifle and 50 rounds of ammo told them shoot it all up. His daughter shot that rifle and she loved shooting it no recoil. Long story short they took it caribou hunting and she shot het caribou with it. My bud asked me if I sell it to him. I said nope, he still asks about that little rifle all these yrs later.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joyce,

I musta' missed it,when folks "accused" you of new wares...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to how VERY well founded your countless Insecurities are. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

I've only got (1) rifle that started as a 250 Salvage. It went from there(as I bought it chambered in a custom 700) to 250AI. Barrel shank was shortened to go 257 Bob,then Bob Improved. Lastly,It was chambered 25-284 where it remains(I have 3 of 'em). Hint.

The .257" 90gr Sugar is in fact a whopping piece of schit. Though I bought 3000+ of 'em on a Potterfield SALE for case forming. For hilarity,here it is next to a .224" 90gr Hornie Beer Can. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Who woulda thought, a 22 caliber bullet of the same weight of a 25 caliber bullet being longer? WTH!

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
20 pages and the OP seems to have disappeared

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jericho
20 pages and the OP seems to have disappeared

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ilding-my-second-250-savage#Post16307094

Does seem to be the case!

Quien Sabe!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

There is NOTHING fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to Talk Rifles...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least now,you can say you've "seen" them. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

There is NOTHING fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to Talk Rifles...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least now,you can say you've "seen" them. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

Keep building rifles, one day you will get a shooter, maybe.

Dog I rescued in January

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joyce,

I musta' missed it,when folks "accused" you of new wares...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to how VERY well founded your countless Insecurities are. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

I've only got (1) rifle that started as a 250 Salvage. It went from there(as I bought it chambered in a custom 700) to 250AI. Barrel shank was shortened to go 257 Bob,then Bob Improved. Lastly,It was chambered 25-284 where it remains(I have 3 of 'em). Hint.

The .257" 90gr Sugar is in fact a whopping piece of schit. Though I bought 3000+ of 'em on a Potterfield SALE for case forming. For hilarity,here it is next to a .224" 90gr Hornie Beer Can. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

I’m bouncing around the idea building my daughter f class rifle and make a fast twist 22-250 to shoot them 88gr eld-m and 90 gr a-tips. 21 yrs ago the 250 savage seemed like a great idea lol.

Last edited by 79S; 08/06/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
I built a 250 Sav on a 1995 Rem700 action in 2020 with Lilja 10" twist 3g, trigger tech, home made pillars.....shot a deer in 2020.

[Linked Image]
I built a 250 Sav on a 2003 Sav fvss action in 2017 with Lilja 257-10 SS 3-groove, #3 contour barrel

[Linked Image]
I built a 250 Sav on a 1917 Sav 99 action in 2019 with a Benchmark 5.5# SS 25 cal 10" twist Palma 30" cut down to ~2# 22" take down and re tapered

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never had any trouble killing WT deer with 25cal. bullets. Even the supposed lowly 100gr Horandy SPs worked well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
79',

I never have liked the 22-250 SALAMI,but of course have more than a "few". 88's and 90's do very nice things there. 7" RPM Mike Rock,bottomest far left. Hint.

That being said and that rifle amongst a herd of others,will slap the 1000yd line silly,but I'd not go there for same. For me,that's 6BR Country,though the 22-250 will fling a higher BC faster. The BR's penchant is unreal ES/SD's,copious barrel life and mild manners across the board. I'd happily take the performance hit,to field same. Buck Remover above,is of course a 6BR. Rock Fodder and BR here,if only to give the Karens something to cry about,but at least they can now say they've "seen" 'em. .224" Beer Can,.257" 90gr Sugar and .243" 110 Beer Can. Hint. Laughing!

6BR and 264 PPC AFI here. Hint.

I of course shoot a High Zoot 22BR too,but Greg didn't have anything faster than 8" on the shelf at the time and in a Krieger of all fhuqking things(I've zero love),but it shoots. While I typically VERY much prefer the .224" bore size,when extrapolated to a .243" on the same case,I cain't do that to the 6BR. The 6BR is simply a magnificent chambering. I'm no-turn on ALL of it. Hint.(grin)

Food for thunking.

Oooooooopsie! Nearly forgot about the Mail. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Too bad you ain't closer,she could bang away with more than a few chamberings,in more than a few blueprints and cut to the chase. Hint......................

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,334
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.