Hop To
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I agree with that. Like I said, it’s all general observations. I just know that a lot of boomers I talk to still think in terms of things being “stupid” and that certain things will never “work” without realizing those aren’t the proper criteria for evaluating things.

I know.

Personally, I truly believe that what's going on is Satanic. I didn't think in those terms 20 years ago. But it's become impossible for me to not see it.

"Good is evil and evil is good"

Bristoe you're on the right track in my opinion. With what we're seeing as being Satanic. My wife and I were talking about people that we used to think liked us and now they don't. I doubt they ever did to be truthful. My thoughts was a Bible prediction that will/is taking place known as the last days. It says that the love of many will wax cold. I see that taking place and even feel in my own interactions. I hope there are events that change that or at least slow it down. Those things almost always involve hardship and or tragedy. An example all of us witnessed right here not that long ago was the death a fellow member, Ethan. There was a common thread of being sorry he was gone and even many that would and are missing him. It managed to bring out a more decent side to most all of us. We need that as a nation. If and when it happens it's going to be severe too.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I don't know if this fits anywhere in this thread but just something to think about when you see people behave the way they do.

99% of all people in the world are assholes, me included. Instead of getting mad at them for that, be thankful that so many manage to suppress it so well.

Save your projecting for Facebook.... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, it's really true. Perhaps assholes isn't the best word since it provokes a defensive emotional response (which is kind of why I used it), but 100% of the people in the world have the potential for being incredibly cruel to their fellow human beings. That we don't all the time is a cause for some hope.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

As a Gen’xer, I find that a whole hell of a lot of the Boomers just can’t comprehend how things have changed. They think people are stupid instead of realizing that they are far from stupid, but are either evil outright or have bought into a quasi-religious ideology that allows them to do the worst things and support the worst things with moral certitude of their own virtue.

On the flip side, I find that a lot of the younger guys don’t realize what has been lost and how different things used to be.

Got to disagree… boomers comprehend VERY well on how things have changed… you have been programmed to think everybody’s a winner and everybody deserves a participation trophy….you have a choice of which sex you want to be….homosexual behavior is acceptable and should be celebrated….I could go on because it’s a long list….these “CHANGES” being pushed on us are changes that go against everything we’ve learned in the past, over thousands of years….things that work and are essential to a functional society

THINGS didn’t change……only acceptance (by some) of the supposed “NEW NORMS” …

You're confusing X with millennials and their helicopter parents. Gen X is probably the least "programmed" generation of them all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, it's really true. Perhaps assholes isn't the best word since it provokes a defensive emotional response (which is kind of why I used it), but 100% of the people in the world have the potential for being incredibly cruel to their fellow human beings. That we don't all the time is a cause for some hope.

That is a rather dark outlook and not sure I agree. But the way things are going today , you may be correct

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know if this fits anywhere in this thread but just something to think about when you see people behave the way they do.

99% of all people in the world are complete assholes, me included. Instead of getting mad at them for that, be thankful that so many manage to suppress it so well.

^^^^^Sig line material^^^^^

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In my opinion to be more precise, a huge percentage of the left has the potential to be incredibly cruel to fellow humans....
The right doe's not, many simply want to be left alone.
The left can hardly contain their dark side and giving in to it today

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
The rise of the "Beav" did coincide with the campfire downfall.... coincidence? hmmmm smile

I did it.

I’m guilty.

I wrecked the internet and the Fire.

I feel awful 😞

🦫

PS

Remsen was right there with me, too. I know, excuses, excuses.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
The rise of the "Beav" did coincide with the campfire downfall.... coincidence? hmmmm smile

I did it.

I’m guilty.

I feel awful 😞

🦫

PS

You two deserve an award..... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You do this too?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I did it.

I’m guilty.

I feel awful 😞

🦫

PS

You'll get over it.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't you all just love Uncle Pat's social experiments!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you want an example of a huge driving force in today’s world that is almost explicitly Satanic I’ll give you the climate change agenda.

Climate change is now an explicitly anti-human agenda. They expressly call humans a virus on the planet and that we should be leek instead of our population drastically curtailed. They are advocating policies that will necessarily reduce our population and our standard of living. They seem to confine us to urban enclaves and restrict us from free movement upon the planet. All of this is being done in the name of climate change.

How is this Satanic? Well, man is God’s finest creation. In the apocrypha the creation of man was Satan’s reason for rebellion. God told man to multiply and subdue the earth. Climate change turns that on its head. Climate change wants man’s numbers to be limited and subordinate to the needs of earth. In the Bible the earth was created for man. In climate change, man is a blight upon the earth.

Biblically, Satan is the lord of the earth. All of the western governments now worship on the altar of climate change and climate change drives their agendas.

It is explicitly Satanic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The board is a lot older and younger than it used to be. Lots more guys over sixty and lots of guys who are apparently in their 30s and early 40s. There doesn’t seem to be much in between. As a Gen’xer, I find that a whole hell of a lot of the Boomers just can’t comprehend how things have changed. They think people are stupid instead of realizing that they are far from stupid, but are either evil outright or have bought into a quasi-religious ideology that allows them to do the worst things and support the worst things with moral certitude of their own virtue.

On the flip side, I find that a lot of the younger guys don’t realize what has been lost and how different things used to be.

are you talking about the Crusades?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore

are you talking about the Crusades?

Post a picture of something you've killed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It does seem dark and again, perhaps I'm just phrasing it such a way to produce a more dramatic effect.

But what I'm trying to say is that the people we see on this forum or any other forum or venue are simply behaving the way human beings have always behaved since we became our current identifiable species. We have thousands of years of written records of very brilliant people exploring and describing human nature and it hasn't changed one iota in all that time. The internet just amplifies what we see and perceive due to the anonymity which gives our cruelty a mostly repercussion free outlet, which is not an astute or original observation by any means, and also by exposing us to a far wider sample of our fellow humans.

Generational animosity is certainly not new, every generation that's ever existed grows old and thinks the younger generation is going to hell in a hand basket. Then the old ones die, the young ones get old and think their kids are all going to hell and the circle goes round and round.

Right now our country is definitely undergoing the kind of sea change that most of us over 25 have never seen before but this situation in general and in particular - a takeover by despotic and tyrannical forces - is not new to this world. The kind of freedom we used to know is extremely rare in the history of the world, we just get to be front and center in watching things go back to the way they usually are, for better or worse. Well, not better, just worse, since we have a "better" to compare to. As JoeBob noted, the younger ones have nothing to compare it to so they will accept it as normal. Oh well.

I don't know where I'm going with this but it's a very snowy day here and I've done my chores so am just philosophizing. Oh yeah, assholes. Whenever you see someone being one, don't be too hard on them and don't take it personally, never take it personally even when they try to get you to take it personally. We're all - every one of us - just trying to muddle through life the best we can, some do a better job of it than others and all of us do a better job of it at times, a worse job at other times. That was the impetus for my "potential" remark.

Btw, that last part isn't my original thought either, I borrowed that from about a brazillion spiritual and secular teachers that have come before us.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jim, that’s a long way of saying, “I will stomp an ass-hole into the pavement because he’s against me, my beliefs, my way of life, and his idealism is set on ruin of our country forever more”.

Human nature.
🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What has changed? RESPECT...or rather the lack of it...

The beatings will continue until morale improves
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by kingston
[quote=Heym06]Most boomers I know haven't trusted any establishment, since the 1960's. To say they have is pure speculation!

The only exception being 2020's CDC, FDA, and NIH.

Your opinion, not fact.

Are you retarded?[/quote.

CDC,FDA and NIH are not exceptions, just more of the same untrustworthy groups! Your blinded by your perception, that you have the answers. Open your eyes! You can call me retarded. It's to bad that's how you decided to converse! So I reply, GFY!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good work Pat! wink

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,841
Posts18,478,128
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.