Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They're worth watching

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My old neighbor came home and there was someone burglarizing his house, the hit them 9 times with his 9mm. Joker still lived but is in a wheelchair.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
They're worth watching

Yes they were. Thanks.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by killerv
I pulled a gun on a cop once, woman, I got it back in my pocket before she saw it. Stupid untrained girl had no business being a cop. Doorbell rang in middle of night, I look through windows, no one there, no vehicle, etc. I grab my gun and go outside. Get out to around the carport and see someone in all black looking over my back fence. I finally got close enough I saw the belt with all the crap on it. Couldnt imagine what might have happened if she had seen me with a gun in my hand or my hand going in/out of my pocket. She turned around and wanted to start some crap about me shooting fireworks. Said she could see it from a mile away, somehow through a bunch of trees, several subdivisions and apartment complexes. BS story, she was parked down the street which was why I never saw the cop car. A bad guy could have easily capped her ass.

And a perp/s could've easily capped your ass while you're wandering around in the dark and then rape and pillage your house hold at their leisure.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Don't associate with stupid people, don't get into stupid situations, don't make stupid choices. This will keep you from having to shoot people almost all the time. Unfortunately most on this board are truly screwed.

Because un armed innocent bystanders never get killed right?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I only had to pull on a guy one time. Case of mistaken identity. He thought I was an ex-mayor that he apparently had a major beef with. He popped up as I was going into pay for my gas. I told him he had the wrong guy. He kept while I pumped my gas and continues when I went to get my change. I got back to my car and my wife asked what that was all about and I told her it was some nut case who thought I was somebody else. Next thing I know he's banging on my car threatening to kill me. I took my 9MM I had at the time and finally convinced him that if I had to exit the vehicle he would be meeting God. He finally got the message. Still haven't figured out how I was able to drive home before I started shaking.
A few years later there was an article on the front page about an ex-mayor that was apparently very popular and his picture was on the front page. I showed it to to my wife and damn me, we could have been identical twins, beard and all. No wonder the guy though I was him.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I'm making sure where my wife is and getting behind her. A .410 is bad azz and she shoots is fairly well. Just because you can shoot someone in self defense doesn't mean you should. I had a cop tell me that a few months ago when a punk pulled a knife on me.
My uncle had a few problems with a neighbor of his for awhile. The neighbor called the cops and the cop talked to each of them separately. He told my uncle "if it gets to deep and you think he's gonna kill you or your family, just kill him". "Less paperwork for me".

Last edited by roverboy; 05/11/22.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by killerv
My old neighbor came home and there was someone burglarizing his house, the hit them 9 times with his 9mm. Joker still lived but is in a wheelchair.
Should've shot him 10 times.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I only had to pull on a guy one time. Case of mistaken identity. He thought I was an ex-mayor that he apparently had a major beef with. He popped up as I was going into pay for my gas. I told him he had the wrong guy. He kept while I pumped my gas and continues when I went to get my change. I got back to my car and my wife asked what that was all about and I told her it was some nut case who thought I was somebody else. Next thing I know he's banging on my car threatening to kill me. I took my 9MM I had at the time and finally convinced him that if I had to exit the vehicle he would be meeting God. He finally got the message. Still haven't figured out how I was able to drive home before I started shaking.
A few years later there was an article on the front page about an ex-mayor that was apparently very popular and his picture was on the front page. I showed it to to my wife and damn me, we could have been identical twins, beard and all. No wonder the guy though I was him.
Paul B.
He was in his rights to kill you once you brandished a firearm. Don’t brandish a firearm just because, draw and fire until the threat is eliminated. It doesn’t sound like you were in your legal rights to draw your gun unless you were in fear for you or your wife’s lives. If you were , accept my apology.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Paul B.
He was in his rights to kill you once you brandished a firearm. Don’t brandish a firearm just because, draw and fire until the threat is eliminated. It doesn’t sound like you were in your legal rights to draw your gun unless you were in fear for you or your wife’s lives. If you were , accept my apology.

No law states that once you pull a weapon you must use it. Situation changes. If someone asked me I'd state exactly "man was badgering me, attacked my vehicle. I was in fear for my life. Pulled my weapon, he stopped" - zero laws broken and no, he has no "right" to shoot you just because you have a weapon.

FFS.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Paul B.

No law states that once you pull a weapon you must use it. Situation changes. If someone asked me I'd state exactly "man was badgering me, attacked my vehicle. I was in fear for my life. Pulled my weapon, he stopped" - zero laws broken and no, he has no "right" to shoot you just because you have a weapon.

FFS.
It’s aggravated assault but OK

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bump

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Paul B.

FFS.

Pulling your roscoe on a dude acting aggressively at your vehicle window is not aggravated assault. Who told you that?

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Paul B.

FFS.

Pulling your roscoe on a dude acting aggressively at your vehicle window is not aggravated assault. Who told you that?
Just the state of TN

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Me too, most comfortable with a 1911 but it pulls down the belt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I want my 6 minutes back.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
[quote=alwaysoutdoors]

FFS.

Just the state of TN

Good thing he's from Arizona and not from Tennessee then isn't it ?
You need to move to a real state

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Never say you were shooting to kill. The correct answer is shooting to "immediately incapacitate".

Or "stop the threat". Massad Ayoob cited this example on that cop that shot someone in the wrong apartment thinking it was her own. When asked did you "shoot to kill" she said yes and apparently that was a huge mistake

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Avoiding the situation ahead of time is the best tactic. Since that dozen’t work 100% of the time, I choose to be prepared. You can avoid a lot of sheit, however, with a bit of pre planning, thinking, and paying attention to your surroundings. I cannot seem to beat this into my wife’s head. She insists on stumbling through this world completely oblivious to what takes place around her.

Early reply is the best. And yeah, its near impossible to find a woman who can grasp the concept of situational awareness.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (BigDave39355, Basher, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,246 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,149
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.