Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There's a reason Jews are so often Progressives - they don't believe in the final revelation of Jesus. They think that revelation can change too, so that things like the 10 Commandments can be "revealed" to just be suggestions later on. Where does this new "revelation" come from? Just about anywhere, as there is NO authority.

I am not well versed in Christianity, so it may be that I'm missing your point, but I am an observant Jew and there is absolutely no wiggle room among the observant that the Torah is not just a suggestion. We certainly interpret the meaning of what is written, but among the observant there is absolutely no support for taking the Torah (and the 10 Commandments) as just as suggestion.
Thank you for the correction. I don't know what sect of Judaism you belong to, but it is my understanding that at least several sects believe in progressive revelation.

What you said at least partially explains why you are such a good, admirable man.

Thank you! The three major branches of Judaism are reform, conservative and orthodox, and within each are some differences. I am orthodox (Hasid/Lubavitch/Chabad, specifically). I grew up conservative, which was very close to orthodox in most regards but it doesn't have the strict adherence to rules, like separation of men and women during services. Conservative is sort of neither/nor at this point...it's a lot like that line from the first Karate Kid...walk on left, ok...walk on right, ok...walk in center, get run over (or something like that).

Those who deal in progressive ideas are the reform and to be honest, the reform consider politics to be their religion, and their politics are far left. I don't consider reform Jews to be practicing Jews. They are people who for one reason or another identify as Jewish but they have abandoned all traditional religious beliefs and practices and instead promote political positions.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
RR aka Strider,

I've done nothing but preach Jesus Christ crucified, buried and arisen for our sins. I think that all of our righteousness are as filthy rags.
You need to get saved. Hell is your destination right now.
That's a fact Jack.
Your attempts at undermining the messenger will NOT justify you or anyone else before God. My message is truth.
What a fuuucking moronic lying azz POS you are...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I know what I think, but I'll not judge, lest I be judged.

Wabigoon, often said by folks, maybe just the pious, or those who don’t want to take a stand (not meaning you here), but that is not exactly correct.

All of our criminal and civil laws have their origin in natural law (God-given) and judge the behaviors of people. Even their intentions. We personally always judge the words and actions of others as to right or wrong even if not illegal — “by their fruit you will know them” — but it’s the heart we ultimately cannot judge.

I judge you to be one of the kindest, most amicable souls here. By the record of what you say.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks George, I've been on jury duty, and was every so happy when the accused plead guilty at the last.

I'd hate to be wrong.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus said no.

Mat 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Gonna go with this.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some people are discarded as trash.....Strider and friends.

Discarded by whom?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At one time, I believed yes but, I have a hard time believing that now. If they are strong Demonrats they are deceived and blind. Demonrats are way different than they were years ago.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s hard to believe that someone who votes for candidates that support murder of babies in the womb and gay marriage could also be following the scripture.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by roverboy
At one time, I believed yes but, I have a hard time believing that now. If they are strong Demonrats they are deceived and blind. Demonrats are way different than they were years ago.
JFK would be considered a dangerous reactionary by Democrat Party leadership today.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
It’s hard to believe that someone who votes for candidates that support murder of babies in the womb and gay marriage could also be following the scripture.

Ron

And progressing to support post partum abortion - infanticide.

Also, HE named us in our mothers womb.

How could a Christian think GOD didnt know what that child was HE made and named before birth even consider supporting ravenous wolves who proclaim a childs sex may take years (and grooming) to make that determination?

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/06/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antlers
When Roe vs Wade was decided, were not six of the nine justices on the court Republican-appointed…?

For nearly the last fifty years, have not Republican-appointed justices outnumbered
Democrat-appointed justices…?
Because when Democrats select nominees, they go right ahead and select those with clear track records of leftism on the issues of importance to the left. When Republicans select them, they have to select those who have no clear track record on issue of importance to conservatives (or the left will crucify them in the press), so it's a crap shoot.
Sounds like an excuse to me. Giving Republicans a pass not only for what they did, but for what they didn’t do. When they controlled all three branches of government, they did nothing to abolish Roe vs Wade (even after they saw to it that it passed in the first place); and they did nothing to secure the southern border, and they did nothing to reform welfare (for examples of their worthlessness). Talk about knowing them by their fruits…!
Originally Posted by Hastings
Can a Republican be a Christian? The party of Mitt Romney. The party that didn't lift a finger to stop the installment of Biden. The party of Mitch McConnell. The party that keeps voting to destroy our currency. There are a few notable examples of good men in the Republican party but not many.
Hastings is right. The Republicans that are entrenched in Congress are just as rotten to the core as are the Democrats that are entrenched in Congress. ALL of em’ are benefitting tremendously from the status quo. They may give lip service to being the opposition to the Democrats, but the Republicans are just one of the two heads of the same snake (Democrats being the other head).

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The first two Trump years were informative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The first two Trump years were informative.
All of the Trump years were informative imo because we saw clearly that the Republican establishment hated Trump just as bad as the Democrats did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For any man to take it upon himself to determine whether or not another man can be a Christian…based upon his politics…is laughable, in a hypocritical sort of way, to me.

If one’s politics are opposed to another’s politics, then that person is deemed as not being able to be a Christian…? Even though BOTH are sinners…?

gmafb

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Let’s axed that fa ggg fugk up, JeffO before we judge

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Some people are discarded as trash.....Strider and friends.

Discarded by whom?

Didn't think the little twerp would answer.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of the largest religious organizations in the world don't explicitly follow the bible and are considered and call themselves Christian.

Who GAF?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Getting back to the original question... Who gives a fuq? MYOB and keep your religion outta my face.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wrapids
Getting back to the original question... Who gives a fuq? MYOB and keep your religion outta my face.

Don't open threads like this. Very simple.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Antlers, as always, "Gets it".

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,850 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.