I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by Zerk
Do you want a picture of a brand new starline?
The forum software is old here, I would have to send it to my computer resize it, and then post. It won't accept pics from a phone. I posted that a week ago.

I also feel like it is a waste of time with some here.

Reloading manuals talk about small base sizing dies. And some act like it is made up because they never did it. I never did it either, until I bought starline. I suspect it is a premium thicker brass. I would not be surprised if I bought other premium brass I encountered this too.
I meant of the fired that had primer issues and stuff. You know, what you'd take to a gunsmith when you asked them about it. But no worries... I'm sure you'll figure it out on your own.
The gunsmith will be called an idiot too.

And to think, this cat reloads and owns firearms.

Talk about a dangerous combination.

I tried to ask questions and help but only to be called an idiot.

I think that's like the pot calling the kettle black.
I sincerely doubt he does reload or own firearms, because with every post he sounds more and more like Elkslayer and Glockdoofus, and Slavek, and half a dozen other Maser sock puppets..

Except maybe he still owns those airsofts he proudly displayed pics of back when he was doing diaper and bottle pics.

But hell! It has been fun playing.

If it is not Maser, someone is doing a very great job or duplicating his performances.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When I reloaded for my 760's I used small based dies. I tried standard dies and had chambering issues

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
When I reloaded for my 760's I used small based dies. I tried standard dies and had chambering issues
I'm in trouble now.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Discussing this on another forum, and someone said that same thing. Manual mentions for a reason. One of these days I should try it.

All the other components was the same, except the brand of brass. Mic in a few spots I came up with .004 difference. Not sure if that would actually be enough.

What I have wanted to do for awhile is have a dedicated brass for this pump. I carry extra rounds in my bag, and this gun shoots different bullets than others. I sharpie them, but different brass would make it easier.

I may use the small base dies on star line, or maybe try winchester. I've got a lot of remington too

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
[qu
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

e.

My mistake wrong person.

Last edited by Zerk; 10/30/23.
IC B2

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
[q
If you had ever killed any game, you would realize there is no need to worry over a second shot after properly hitting a deer with a 165 gr ballistic tip from a 30-06. They either collapse on the spot with a CNS hit. Or they grunt, hump up in the middle, and dash 40 to 50 yds before falling over. I have never put more than one bullet into a deer.
e.

I've shot deer in 3 foot deep snow. It slows them down enough to shoot again.

I just believe you should rack another one to be ready. Not sure the point in arguing this. Not sure the point of most of your posts, other than you want to ramble on.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've shot many deer more than once. Even when using a 30-06. I shoot until they are off their feet or out of sight.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
While I agree they typically go down or run so fast, you don't have time to shoot again, I have had a chance a handful of times. But I am not comparing myself to Carlos Hathcock.

The interesting one to see, was the 3 feet deep snow. We got 40+ inches days before the season opened. I missed the second shot. But it was like watching it drown in snow.

People could not get into many camps.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
My phone doesn't have app to resize. Most forums don't need it. I would have to send to computer, resize and post or use a hosting site. Which I don't have. The pic above is a link to another site.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Did it help with split necks?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My phone doesn't have app to resize. Most forums don't need it. I would have to send to computer, resize and post or use a hosting site. Which I don't have. The pic above is a link to another site.
Link to another site yet has it as being quoted from here?? Got it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am going to have to go buy one just to find out

This post confuses me.

The OP talks about having a 760 in opening post then we say we need to buy one to see if brass gets hot.

Can someone else line me out??

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Starline replied back asking about if I bumped the shoulder back causing it to go to far forward. I suppose it is to far forward if if the primers dent but don't go off. I asked them if need to set my dies up just for their brass. They have not got back.

I really don't feel like setting my dies up just for one rifle.

I'll probably buy a small base die, after reading enough people using them, to see how it goes. I may buy brass I don't currently have in this caliber to make it easier to seperate. Not sure if it will be starline or not. I may save that for other projects.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
[

As I wrote, but I am getting used to repeating myself with you, that pic with the dead rodents is from a file sharing site. I don't have an account with one. Most forums these days resize for you. It was common years ago to need to resize on computer.

I constantly repeat myself for you. I don't know if you have dementia, ignorant, or just a [bleep] disturber.

Go quote the the same pic, you will see the pic is a website. Normally I'd like to educate someone, but I really think you are just an _______. So I am an idiot for trying.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
If your die doesn’t push the shoulder back far enough to make the once fired brass have excessive headspace and misfire it can’t push the shoulder of the Starline brass back any further.

Get out a reloading manual and read the chapter on sizing brass to fit your chamber. I don’t think you have as good a grasp on this as you think you do.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[

As I wrote, but I am getting used to repeating myself with you, that pic with the dead rodents is from a file sharing site. I don't have an account with one. Most forums these days resize for you. It was common years ago to need to resize on computer.

I constantly repeat myself for you. I don't know if you have dementia, ignorant, or just a [bleep] disturber.

Go quote the the same pic, you will see the pic is a website. Normally I'd like to educate someone, but I really think you are just an _______. So I am an idiot for trying.
Don't have to have an account, 90% that post pics here probably dont, but keep trying.

The link is from imgur, the site he used to post the pic here. The quote is still from here.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/30/23.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
anytime you start squeezing brass down it pushes up. unless your dye is screwed down far enough to limit the shoulder it will push up in the shoulder region. that's why properly adjusted dies always squeeze up and make the neck longer and that is why the trimming factor is in effect... if this statement goes above your head you need to quit reloading and start reading and understanding a lot more

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by TheKid
I

I don’t think you have as good a grasp on this as you think you do.
Never claimed to. But the question I raise is why won't starline work on the same dies remington does. That is a good question, to me.

Been reloading for awhile, but have not advanced to annealing or bumping shoulder. Never needed to, for what I do.

But I am just simple handloader.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I

I don’t think you have as good a grasp on this as you think you do.
Never claimed to. But the question I raise is why won't starline work on the same dies remington does. That is a good question, to me.

Been reloading for awhile, but have not advanced to annealing or bumping shoulder. Never needed to, for what I do.

But I am just simple handloader.
Most likely bumping the shoulder if you're full length sizing and die is set up properly.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If your die doesn’t push the shoulder back far enough to make the once fired brass have excessive headspace and misfire it can’t push the shoulder of the Starline brass back any further.

Get out a reloading manual and read the chapter on sizing brass to fit your chamber. I don’t think you have as good a grasp on this as you think you do.
My thoughts on the Starline brass are possibly too deep of a primer pocket. Pin just pushing the primer in once it hits it and not igniting it. Could be wrong there too.

Could be a die set up issue as well.

Nothing has been said about the split necks which were any issue in the OP.

Split necks, misfires and possibly hard chambering in the pump lead me to think of headspace issues or some other bolt to chamber issue.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 10/30/23.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.