-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 30 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 29 30
H
H
My thoughts and prayers go to the children and there families at Sandy Hook Elementary school.

John
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something that I feel also needs to be addressed in this mess is the impact on the LEO and medical personnel who responded to the scene.

I can't imagine having to walk in on a disaster like this and having to sort everything out.

May the Lord keep and comfort them also.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schizophrenics are seldom violent

Who told you that?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Have confirmation that three of the kids I know that go to school there are safe. Waiting to hear about two more.

I hope the other two are safe and sound too.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bucktales
I also am praying for the first responders.
To witness that sort of carnage, especially children,will leave a lasting impression.

Absoluely. When I was FF/EMT some of the things we saw concerning children still haunt me and wake me up at night.

God bless the first responders....Police, FF and ER staff too.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Something that I feel also needs to be addressed in this mess is the impact on the LEO and medical personnel who responded to the scene.

+1. I imagine walking in on that scene is going to greatly affect them forever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn that bastard - and I mean damn him.

Little kids!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Foxknews now reporting that the father is alive in New Jersey, not killed as earlier reported.

Mother killed at the school, body found at his home - girfriend not accounted for.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Schizophrenics are seldom violent

Who told you that?

In my case, courses in psychopathology and two years working in a hospital conducting diagnostic evaluations. Not a field I stayed in, however.

Ask any mental health professional or look it up yourself.

Don't confuse the fact that certain individuals are violent with a generality.

A fairly recent major study at the medical school at the Univ. of NC looked at several factors as predictors of violent behavior. Mental illness was way down the list, not even statistically significant.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I wonder if the political debaters would like to have their conversation with this lady....

[Linked Image]

...this guts me...

ME TOO! cry

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
cnn commentator stressing the fact that we as a society must be aware of and to learn and recognise the signs of mental illness and violent anti-social behavior as the key to stopping this kind of thing before it happens. never even mentioned tighter gun control.....spot on

he'll be taken to the woodshed and re-educated before the 6PM report. bet on it.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shooter has been identified as Adam Lanza.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

By whom? How about some links with these claims. Not saying you are wrong but I don't see it in the media I'm looking at.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Looks like he was into violent video games

http://www.facebook.com/masseffect?ref=stream

That seems to be a common part of the profile, in many cases... electronic alter egos and a diminished capacity to connect with/deal with real people as anything other than objects.
I don't think violent video games can be discounted as a cause for this sort of thing. So many kids are obsessed with them.

I don't think so either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
By some of the media... based on anonymous sources who don't have permission to speak, and whose story has changed a dozen times in the last few hours.

While credible, best to wait.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There's something unfolding that makes this highly unfathomable to me as I read between the lines of what I am hearing on the news. The shooter fired in a very, "concentrated area" and now I understand that appears to be his mother's classroom. First responding law enforcement were overwhelmed by the number of rounds fired. There has also been reference made to nearly no wounded which is very unusual in this type shooting situation. What I am taking this to mean is that the shooter used up a high number of rounds shooting students in his mother's classroom over and over. I just don't know what to say.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by bea175
I just saw on Fox News they are already calling to Renew the Assault Weapon Ban and the Dead aren't even cold. Democrats, never let a good crises go to waste.
Typical. [bleep] commies.

That's what Hawk is trying to get across we have to be vigilant even in our grief because the anti-gunners are going to be hard at it even before the funerals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

By whom? How about some links with these claims. Not saying you are wrong but I don't see it in the media I'm looking at.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-shooting-at-connecticut-elementary-school/

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Looks like he was into violent video games
http://www.facebook.com/masseffect?ref=stream

That seems to be a common part of the profile, in many cases... electronic alter egos and a diminished capacity to connect with/deal with real people as anything other than objects.
I don't think violent video games can be discounted as a cause for this sort of thing. So many kids are obsessed with them.

I don't think so either.

As the father of 3 teenage boys, I can tell you that 95% of kids play violent video games. You wouldn't believe the grief I get for restricting my kids because apparently no other parent in the world does. And even the T rated games are violent, just no gore or extremely foul language.

So saying that it's video games is stupid. No more than saying that all the mass murders before video games were due to parents allowing their kids to play cowboys and indians and pretend to shoot people.

Actually, it's just as stupid as the anti's saying it's because of lax gun laws.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by bea175
I just saw on Fox News they are already calling to Renew the Assault Weapon Ban and the Dead aren't even cold. Democrats, never let a good crises go to waste.
Typical. [bleep] commies.

That's what Hawk is trying to get across we have to be vigilant even in our grief because the anti-gunners are going to be hard at it even before the funerals.

We get that DD but this ain't the thread to discuss that, there's several already in the works.

Steelhead

Page 17 of 30 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,747
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.