With regard to interesting handgun shooting, Ken Howell sent the following message.

From Ken:
"Ed Bryant (APDDSN0864, bryant.edgmail.com) doesn't expect to be here for next month's rendezvous. Too bad! He and I have for sometime been ping-ponging ideas for a stand-up "Old West" shoot-out between pairs of pistoleros.

Whoever's willing to honcho such a game next month should consult Ed to see what he has come-up with. Please pass this along to anyone whom you think might be interested
and qualified. I'd love to do it but just can't offer anything except ideas.

I think that he's been ginning-up some sort of rig for such a"shoot-out." He has some very good insights, based on both real LEO field experience and practical group rifle-shooting
exercises that he has organized.

If you or a likely, willing, and able candidate would like, I'll be happy to discuss what Ed and I have come-up with so far. The contest that we envision would be suitable for any
kind of handgun in any caliber from .22 rimfire up (except shotshell, of course). It would test both quickness and skill.

I'd hate to see such an opportunity for a good handgun match get little or no consideration. I'm (or was) a long-range rifleman — also was a long-range and competitive pistolero (in
years sadly long gone and irrecoverable). Let's hope that long experience is still worth a bit more than an old fart's reminiscing! "

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron