Originally Posted by Anjin
As a few know, I showed up at the last minute, coming down from the ABQ area, so that technically makes 55.

For those of you in the convoy I passed, that was me in the old green Land Rover. There were only 6 or 8 left when I got there, but they were around for a while packing up. All great folks, including the six-year-old that is the same age as my daughter.

I came alone so I could at least scope out the location for next year, and to shake down the recently acquired LR, which handles fine, but came out of the shop with emissions issues that we're working on.

What spectacular scenery coming down on 117 through the reservations. I told the family that they would really regret missing that and Quemado, but none of them were willing to wake up early.

BTW, I finally got the gun safe open and brought some goodies for show and tell. Those included my 1906 H&H .500/450 double express rifle that Jim Bell brought back from India and was the start of his obsolete cartridge business, and the custom .375 H&H on a LH Remington 700 action on which Butch Searcy had installed a Winchester 70 claw extractor and ejector. I can bring them next year too, if anyone is interested.

By the time I left, there was quite a bit of rain and lightning all the way back home east of Albuquerque.

I was pulling the green trailer and pulled over to thank you for letting us by. You should have hailed us and introduced yourself!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.