Originally Posted by 4th_point

Dog,

The regular T3 comb is a little low for many people as well. The Varmint Tikkler I had was better. And doesn't the CTR have a similar taco as the Varmint?

A bud took 50-cents worth of plastic, heated, bent, and glued to his T3. Quick and easy cheek taco. Looks really good from the side. Only pic I have is below.

Jason

I concur, the Tikka comb is a bit low as well... but generally speaking the stock is superior to the 'merican in both ergos and construction.

The CTR comes with a Taco... but it's in a fixed position and held down by a single screw through the center. I couldn't leave well enough alone... so had a couple wine coolers and pulled it. I put a 3/4" long Round-Head wood screw into the top of the stock half way between the fastener screw and the front of the taco. This allowed me to use the second screw as a height adjustment stop under the front of the cheek piece. The back was allowed to bottom out where it normally does, as there's a pretty steep slope to the comb from the factory. I set the stop where the cheek weld was good, and screwed it back down with the stock fastener screw. Worked great.... until I needed to take the bolt out. A few more spritzers and some Dremel work, and I had the problem licked. Second pic with the bolt released from the action, and free to be removed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......