Originally Posted by davet
What did you do to the magazine to get it opened up to 2.55" COAL?

I was reading another thread here and see that someone is doing basically what I've done to feed the 75 gr. amaxes in the Ruger Predator .223's. I have a guy that milled mine out on a CNC. The first one would not feed the final cartridge in the mag. What happens is that the rear of the cartridge drops down just enough that the bolt won't pick it up. I don't find that an issue for me. Basically with 5 rounds in the mag, you can use the first 4. In a bolt action hunting rifle that isn't much of a handicap. I altered the follower on my second one and and now the rear of the cartridge stays up so as for the bolt to grab hold but it doesn't always make it into the chamber. I may or may not be able to solve that without a redesigned follower. if enough guys are interested I think the guy would set up and make these, just know that I don't totally have the bugs worked out of the final round in the chamber. If there is interest for 25 or more, I'll contact him to see how many $$. Like many have previously stated, it makes no sense for Ruger to sell the 1 in 8 twist rifle and then offer a mag that will not accommodate the heavy bullets. They even got the freebore correct in the chamber for heavies.