Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by deflave
I think the Hawkeye has a lot to offer as well. They won't make it a lightweight but with places like Lipseys and others out there, I'd think a fast twist 22-250 would be easy, and sell like the .44 Special Flattop they refused to make all those years.

A distributor exclusive in a McMillan would probably sell like a mofo too. I would suspect anyway.

Travis

If a nice light stock was readily available (think Edge or Manners EH), the Hawkeye could be made into a lightweight. For example, I have a Ruger 77 7mm-08 with a Win Featherweight contour barrel, which should go sub-8 lbs. scoped, suppressed, slung and loaded, once it arrives back from MG Arms.

Light stock and go easy on the barrel shank length is about all that’s needed. Some lighter rings would help, as well.

Not cool on the campfire but MPI makes a LW for the Ruger. I have a 358 win thats near 6lb.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge