Originally Posted by Nrut
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
No.

Ruger needs to fix that low comb before they get to introducing new cartridge setups. This isn’t 1920, and the American doesn’t come with iron sights. So I see no reason for a Pre 64 Model 70-esque comb height.

Besides, the 223 does everything needed in a 22 caliber with currently available bullets. No sense burning more powder when about all it amounts to is added noise and recoil.
It fits me perfectly. I have a long neck and need high rings on most rifles. I can use standard rings on my American 30-06.

Same here on the RAR stock drop..
Fits better than most rifles I own..
I need med. to high rings on my two Montana's (a stock that everyone seems to love) to make them work..

Yeah, the modern straight comb wonder stock don't work for me either. Kimber 84 I have to twist my head sideways to look down the barrel. On the other hand the old school Weatherby Mark V feels good. Old red pad 77 with high rings for a 50mm scope fits well too. Just depends on how God made your head, proving in my case He has a sense of humor.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."