And I'll even throw some ideas out....

What about an upgraded version of the American? Real bottom metal and metal bolt shroud. A nice stock....keep the V-Block bedding, but incorporate that into a fiberglass stock with a higher comb. Not something chunky like the B&C, something slim with the ergo's of the Kimber Montana. Ditch the bladed trigger on this version. Go Timney from the factory. A nicer finish on the metal too. Not some funky gray on the stainless version either. I'm thinking of a true bead blasted stainless.

They could also take some of the features of the American and incorporate those ideas into the Hawkeye line. Keep the current LC6 Trigger and the CRF bolt design. Ditch the Ruger rings and go round on the top. Ditch the angled action screw too. Use the same V-Block deign from the American line. A fiberglass stock with a higher comb would be nice. This could be sold in two versions - blind mag box or bottom metal. The could float the barrel instead of the bumps.

They already have the budget end covered with the American series. The upgraded American would need a real shelf price of $700 or less. The hybrid Hawkeye could be in the $1000 range on the shelf.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!