Originally Posted by battue
Today:

Started off with going out for an afternoon hunt. Half way down the steps the little guy ran between my feet with the expected result. Got the hands out and did an off kilter front roll. Wonderful eh. smile Only smiling because everything was intact at the bottom. Knee took a thump, but it should be all right.

Then hunted 3 hours without a flush. No so wonderful. frown But eh, all arrived home intact. Could have been better or it could have been worse. Good day I'm thinking.

Looked around and found this.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/Article/feeding-the-hardworking-hunting-dog-Page1.htm

Sorry to hear about your almost catastrophic day today. I'm on my tablet and don't know if that is why I can't view both pages of the link you posted. I did read one page about the 26g of protein. I feed my dogs call of the wild as a supplement nowadays, wife switched them to 95 percent of the time raw chicken backs and necks for years. But living in an area with high tick infestation my rottweiler almost died on us twice and not from the lymes he now has, but from the Bartonella. Beware to all you dog owners, Bartonella is nasty. Since then his immune system still goes haywire at times, so my wife doesn't want the risk of some slightly tainted or compromised meat that a normal healthy dog could eat problem free. Sucks though for my healthy hunting dog, because she loses all the health benefits of the raw diet. So she now cooks them chicken gizzards, livers, chicken thighs legs what have you and always with some veggies and lately quinoa and both of them are super energetic.

Battue, says outside the burgh??? Which way on the compass? Where you out chasing ruffs? If so, here's to hoping better luck next time.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"