ML, sounds like you have had an interesting journey from your roots here in Pa.

First off: Good luck in you and your wife finding work in an area you both desire to be.

Yes, Grouse are in pockets these days in Pa compared to the past. Not sure of the all of it, but when the Turkey moved in the Grouse always seemed to take a dive. GC says no, but I think they scratch up more than a few Grouse nests in their traveling. Then trapping has almost died out and the nest robbers have their way. Combine that with the Hawks and Owls becoming the glamour birds and our Grouse have a rough go of it. Some think the Avian virus is also taking a toil.

Best Grouse hunting I've had outside of Pa was two trips to Wisconsin. Birds were far from tame with the exception of some of the young Birds of the year. Then the word got out and with the third trip there were license plates from all over the country in the area we hunted. You could find Birds but they were way back in and as wild as any I've hunted.

Ticks are crazy here. Sit down during spring Turkey and you can start picking them off by the dozens. One time last fall I stopped back at the truck up in Forest Co and before it was over took 40 some off of Toby. With the med you place on their skin the majority fall off rather quickly, but you never get them all. Read an article recently were the Deer tick vs Dog tick used to be 1:4. Now it is 4:1.

The duct taping is a good idea, along with keeping your shirt tucked in. Hell I'm thinking of wearing a flee color around my own neck. Had a bite years ago that developed the characteristic rash and the Doc put me on doxycycline immediately. Some literature suggests to take a doxy 100mg capsule any day you are out as a prophylactic precaution. Supposedly reduces Lymes risk by 60-80 percent.

Have a friend who contacted Lymes and his facial nerves were affected along with nerves in his legs. Took a year to get him correctly diagnosed. Then it was a year on IV tetracycline. He is finally coming around.

Thanks for the encouragement, will make the best of it and again good luck in finding a place to settle in.

laissez les bons temps rouler